High blood sugar, insulin resistence and building muscle

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
My trt doc constant wants to lower my blood sugar, last year I was dirty bulking with chocolate cake everything now im not putting sugar in my coffee only eating rhy bread or small amounts of potatos or rice like very little carbs probably 100 to 175g a day at most some days even less. I have a bit of a belly but I don't want to cut and stop building muscle is there any ways to continue building muscle and eat in somewhat of a surplus without worrying about bloodsugar spikes or insulin resistence? I also believe my trt doc is just being carefull with my bloodwork as my family doc has said my bloods fine and every friend I send to my trt doc all get told there blood sugar is too high

Ok so basically just go into ketosis. Sorry I think I was half asleep when I posted this thread its pretty basic I don't need a lot of answers, I just can't delete it lol

Ok so basically just go into ketosis. Sorry I think I was half asleep when I posted this thread its pretty basic I don't need a lot of answers, I just can't delete it lol
No... don't go into ketosis 120g to 150g is not keto. You need the calories to grow not carbs, like sorbate said increse your fats to 300 to 350g a day , carbs 120 to 150 .

All meats , pork steaks are great pretty much 1000 cals for one steak 0 carbs.

Simply add more cardio. 4x weekly stair master level 6 low intensity cardio post workout. Cuts bgl easily in half or more Decreases insulin resistance, ups sensitivity a lot, makes more room for glucose to be shuttled to muscle and liver plus its good for the body all around.

Simply add more cardio. 4x weekly stair master level 6 low intensity cardio post workout. Cuts bgl easily in half or more Decreases insulin resistance, ups sensitivity a lot, makes more room for glucose to be shuttled to muscle and liver plus its good for the body all around.
I jog 15 to 20 minutes then do 10 minutes or so on heavy bag and speed bag. Probably 3 times a week at least sometimes more often and always post workout. I'd imagine that's just as good as low intensity cardio but not sure. I just don't have a treadmill or stair master or anything

My mama has type two diabetes and all her doctors advise is don’t do lowfat on anything or sugar-free especially sugar substitutes 🤷‍♀️

Since i started walking 10 mins after every meal, my blood sugar has gone way down. Even recently introduced white rice back into my diet and its still way down. Its a minor tweak with major results - at least for me.

Very unscientific, but pretty much my whole life when I ate dinner ut was always meat heavy, and I’d eat the meat first, then veggies and what room was left was carbs.
I have never been a big rice or potato fan, so I wouldn’t each much with dinner. Where I enjoyed my carbs was in the form of potato chips, lol.
Now dinner is meat heavy, with a salad, and the croutons or little strip things are my carbs.
I have tested my blood sugar like 30 minutes later and it’s usually 6 or below after eating like that.
Now eat a hot dog and a bun and you are a 9, 30 min later. White bread even the better stuff from Cobbs is like eating pure sugar.

Id you don’t have a blood glucose monitor buy one, you can find a coupon online for a free machine if you buy strips. 50 strips cost $50

I bought one because coffee can cause my caffine induce hypoglycaemia. I wanted to figure out if that what was happening .
Then I went nuts and tested myself like 30 min after different meals

Very unscientific, but pretty much my whole life when I ate dinner ut was always meat heavy, and I’d eat the meat first, then veggies and what room was left was carbs.
I have never been a big rice or potato fan, so I wouldn’t each much with dinner. Where I enjoyed my carbs was in the form of potato chips, lol.
Now dinner is meat heavy, with a salad, and the croutons or little strip things are my carbs.
I have tested my blood sugar like 30 minutes later and it’s usually 6 or below after eating like that.
Now eat a hot dog and a bun and you are a 9, 30 min later. White bread even the better stuff from Cobbs is like eating pure sugar.

Id you don’t have a blood glucose monitor buy one, you can find a coupon online for a free machine if you buy strips. 50 strips cost $50

I bought one because coffee can cause my caffine induce hypoglycaemia. I wanted to figure out if that what was happening .
Then I went nuts and tested myself like 30 min after different meals
Caffine induced hypoglycemia?

Sorbates likely got high insulin sensitivity, so when caffine is taking it would likely cause a drop for sure, for instance me on the other hand i have insulin resistance, so caffeine increases my blood sugar after i drink it.

Caffine increses cortisol, when cortisol is elevated it pulls glucose from the body for energy. So depending on the individual you could go high or to low.

Sorbates likely got high insulin sensitivity, so when caffine is taking it would likely cause a drop for sure, for instance me on the other hand i have insulin resistance, so caffeine increases my blood sugar after i drink it.

Caffine increses cortisol, when cortisol is elevated it pulls glucose from the body for energy. So depending on the individual you could go high or to low.
Dam that sucks I drink 5 coffees a day at least. This is a fucking joke. I cut out all the sweets, cakes and Pepsi now coffees gotta go? Fuck it im quiting my job and signing up for disability lol

Dam that sucks I drink 5 coffees a day at least. This is a fucking joke. I cut out all the sweets, cakes and Pepsi now coffees gotta go? Fuck it im quiting my job and signing up for disability lol
I feel ya, I am regularly four a day.

Did he check your hemoglobin a1c? That is a bigger predictor of diabetes than higher blood glucose. I had a little high blood glucose while dieting but a1c was great. I found it much harder to get my blood sugar down than my lipids. I would take a break from cycling man.

Yep. SOme people get what Harley said, mine is caffine excites my beta cells and my body pushes out a huge wave of insulin. It only happens to me if I don’t eat after I drink a coffee. So I time my coffee intake now around meals. Worse depending on how much sugar is in my coffee. The glucose spike for a sugary coffee, mixed with the caffine and my body overshoots the insulin release.

It got worse as I got older. Never had any issues up until I was 40.

I guess about 1/3 of the population gets this.