Got our first positive test at work today

rated_rko

Trusted Member
So I’m hr manager for our company.
We had an employee who went to India in March 5 before the lockdown. He then was stuck there for 3 months pretty much. When he got back they told him isolate for 14 days. I told him to be safe isolate 22 days. He returned to work last Monday worked the week....came back in Monday didn’t tell his supervisor until the end of the day he has a sore throat and cough. At that time he told him go get tested. So he did the Tuesday got the results this morning positive....so I had to inform the remaining 70 people there we have a positive case, go get tested and we are closed the next 48hrs to get a deep clean... I went myself to get tested today. But mind you did he carry it for more than the 14 days? Or did he get it over the week he returned to work. That’s the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metro by any chance? You don't have to say if you don't want to. I'm just curious.

So I’m hr manager for our company.
We had an employee who went to India in March 5 before the lockdown. He then was stuck there for 3 months pretty much. When he got back they told him isolate for 14 days. I told him to be safe isolate 22 days. He returned to work last Monday worked the week....came back in Monday didn’t tell his supervisor until the end of the day he has a sore throat and cough. At that time he told him go get tested. So he did the Tuesday got the results this morning positive....so I had to inform the remaining 70 people there we have a positive case, go get tested and we are closed the next 48hrs to get a deep clean... I went myself to get tested today. But mind you did he carry it for more than the 14 days? Or did he get it over the week he returned to work. That’s the question.

He got it here.

If people got tested right after his positive they could still show up positive much later. They should be self isolating and do another test.

But mind you did he carry it for more than the 14 days? Or did he get it over the week

Kind of scary how we still don't know enough about this thing. My sis just got back from Mexico and will be staying with my parents after her quarantine... I fear my parents wouldn't do well if they got it.

Yea this virus is still not known well about they do keep changing there minds on mask no mask, gloves etc. It can survive in the air? No it can’t? Surfaces etc. It’s quite scary but it’s just the reality we’re living in. On a positive note. We were covid free for 16 weeks until now and we have 80 people working and 50 at home due to low volume of production. So still a lot of people we have working. I see other industries like food and beverage and hospitality the effects of covid will definitely leave a lasting mark on them.

Actually they have a ton of data and studies on this virus now. It’s not promoted by the msm. You can’t keep freaking people out of they have all the info.
I’m not downplaying it, but the info is easily accessible. It’s just muddling thru the bs that’s hard.