Food calculation apps

Mr.mastcan.22

Trusted Member
Is there any good apps out there than can be used to simplify food calculations? Id like to start my next training phase and update my diet as well. Looking for an app that will allow me juat to type in a food ,( or entire meals) and have my macros calculated. Sure i can sit and do it by hand just lookin for a time saver

Yup MFP for me too.
A couple of caveats that I think are extremely important IMO especially for anyone using with serious intent.

I'd suggest that you need to invest a bit of prep time to make it easy to use.
The main issue is that a large portion of the preloaded info is crowd sourced and often wildly inaccurate or incomplete .
To avoid costly errors I always suggest to create your own food items and source the macro nutrient data yourself.
Personalize them with some identifying feature like an asterisk or initials or something so the are easy to find.
I've found that I only usually eat maybe 30 different food items so this doesnt take too long.
Be careful what unit of measure you use when doing this, I use quantity = 1 and 100g most often.
I pull my info from https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/173944/nutrients or https://nutritiondata.self.com/
Another useful feature is to create "meals" so be sure to check that out, they can be adjust if you need to after they are added to your day.
I'm sure there's more, that's all I can think of atm, good luck

Is there any good apps out there than can be used to simplify food calculations? Id like to start my next training phase and update my diet as well. Looking for an app that will allow me juat to type in a food ,( or entire meals) and have my macros calculated. Sure i can sit and do it by hand just lookin for a time saver
I like chronometer because it includes macros and micros pulled right from the usda database. I believe the premium version lets you put in whole meals at a time

Last edited:
I also use my fitness pal, I saw a video where CBUM said he uses the free version himself for tracking.

I also use my fitness pal, I saw a video where CBUM said he uses the free version himself for tracking.
This app is now filled with ads, I can’t stand it. I’ve been tempted to try Macrofactor. I know a few people who love it but it’s a paid app. It does more than just tracking, you input your weight and it adjusts your cals based on your goals

I use mine off my Fitbit app . You can scan stuff on the go and it memorized meals if you pinch them in.