First slin run

@Bignate thanks for the amazing information. I was thinking about trying it at home first... but unfortunately, I tried it today (back day) before reading you! I don't have a glucose monitor yet (will buy one next week probably) but I have dextrose tabs, some candy, a coke with me all the time

Also, my brother knows what I'm doing so he can help me if I feel hypo

Anyway, I'm going to post my experience for today.

-15 minutes before working out I pinned 5 ius (maybe 6, the syringe has a line every 2iu).
-5 minutes later I drank my first shake. I used 40 grams of maltodextrin, 20 protein, 5 creatine
-Drank my second shake while training, I took a sip at the end of every set. I used 50 grams of dextrose here , 20 protein and 5 creatine
-Once I got home I took 50 grams of oats, a cup of egg whites and a banana.

The only side effect I felt was headache and sweating. Training was difficult but I did everything perfectly. Also it's so hot here today. 30 degrees so I assume there was no hypo.

I feel bigger, like pumped yet. My brother says I look way bigger. So I like the feeling. Going to try insulin 4-5 days a week for some weeks before I start cutting

Anyway, I was timing and writing down everything to make sure I match the carbs with the insulin peaks.

I'm following the mutants protocol (changing little things). But I'm not sure about how many carbs to use. I know the rule of 100 grams every 10ius. So...I should change the carbs in the first and second shake to be exactly 50 grams of carbs?

What do you think? The protocol says 40-60 in the first shake and 50-100 grams of carbs in the second. I will up the dose of slin 1iu on the next training day.

I appreciate your help guys! Sorry if I miss something.

@Bignate thanks for the amazing information. I was thinking about trying it at home first... but unfortunately, I tried it today (back day) before reading you! I don't have a glucose monitor yet (will buy one next week probably) but I have dextrose tabs, some candy, a coke with me all the time

Also, my brother knows what I'm doing so he can help me if I feel hypo

Anyway, I'm going to post my experience for today.

-15 minutes before working out I pinned 5 ius (maybe 6, the syringe has a line every 2iu).
-5 minutes later I drank my first shake. I used 40 grams of maltodextrin, 20 protein, 5 creatine
-Drank my second shake while training, I took a sip at the end of every set. I used 50 grams of dextrose here , 20 protein and 5 creatine
-Once I got home I took 50 grams of oats, a cup of egg whites and a banana.

The only side effect I felt was headache and sweating. Training was difficult but I did everything perfectly. Also it's so hot here today. 30 degrees so I assume there was no hypo.

I feel bigger, like pumped yet. My brother says I look way bigger. So I like the feeling. Going to try insulin 4-5 days a week for some weeks before I start cutting

Anyway, I was timing and writing down everything to make sure I match the carbs with the insulin peaks.

I'm following the mutants protocol (changing little things). But I'm not sure about how many carbs to use. I know the rule of 100 grams every 10ius. So...I should change the carbs in the first and second shake to be exactly 50 grams of carbs?

What do you think? The protocol says 40-60 in the first shake and 50-100 grams of carbs in the second. I will up the dose of slin 1iu on the next training day.

I appreciate your help guys! Sorry if I miss something.

Glad it went well and you're being smart!

In regard to changing amounts of carbs, it's not about what we "think" it's about how YOU feel. I personally have gone as low as 3g/iu. Do I recommend that? Not at all, especially until you know how things personally feel for YOU. Keep the carbs where they're at for now, as you get more comfortable you can increase slin dose or decrease carbs (never do both at the same time). Just always keep sugar on hand.

Going hypo will never be a guess... lol.

You will know something is wrong 100%.... it’s a progression of classic symptoms. And sugar will make you feel better almost instantly.

Unless you massively fuck things up!

Hi guys! Little update here

Today was my third day using slin. Pinned 8 ius pre workout as usual. After pinning I drank my first shake...did 15 minutes of light cardio and started training arms

Everything went smooth. I noticed a lot of strength today, I keep a log of all my training days. And today I did a lot more of reps (I train rest pause style) than usual.

Usually Im able to increase 2-3 reps on every lift every week. But today I did way more...for example I did 11 more reps at Skullcrushers than the previous week.

I will weight myself tomorrow to see how much I gain with slin. I'm loving it at the moment, anyway. I will respect it ALWAYS.

And always be prepared for a second peak. It can happen and you will know it is. Listen to your body. If it’s telling you....you need sugar... take some.

And always be sure that your 10iu is 10iu......or whatever your dose may be...It might sound like a no brainer, but you would be surprised at how many guys mess up their insulin doses and wonder why they are hypo as fuck even after consuming ridiculous amounts of sugar.
Sure. Bring me into this lol.

He shouldn't have the same issue I had, he isn't running growth. Which is where my math went all fucky. 7iu nope 70.....

Wow...that's pretty scary...Slin is very tricky, so I will be really careful. I will be documenting here all the process.
I have a question...maybe it's a little bit stupid but here I go. When you go hypo (like you in the mall) and start to drink / eat sugar...does the symptoms go away inmediately? Or you just eat/drink a little bit and wait until you feel better?
Also, I will start at 5 ius for sure. 10 ius will be my maximum and there's no need to hurry. Thanks!

depends on how hypo your are
That instance in the mall I drank a large Pepsi as fast as I could. A few minutes later I didn’t feel like I was improving. So I kept going even though logic said I didn’t need all the carbs I pounded down.
If you catch it quick a small amount of sugar will make you feel better rather quickly.

When it gets bad you will likely over eat. I’m assuming that’s your bodies natural defense telling you that you are in a bad situation. After that you will likely want to sleep.

I can stress enough always keep sugar close by
When running insulin I will leave a bottle of pop or juice in my truck just incase it happens while driving

depends on how hypo your are
That instance in the mall I drank a large Pepsi as fast as I could. A few minutes later I didn’t feel like I was improving. So I kept going even though logic said I didn’t need all the carbs I pounded down.
If you catch it quick a small amount of sugar will make you feel better rather quickly.

When it gets bad you will likely over eat. I’m assuming that’s your bodies natural defense telling you that you are in a bad situation. After that you will likely want to sleep.

I can stress enough always keep sugar close by
When running insulin I will leave a bottle of pop or juice in my truck just incase it happens while driving

I did slin for the first time this morning, I did 5iu humalog before breakfast and I ate my cream of wheat with peanut butter and 4 eggs with bcaa. I didnt feel any different than how I normally feel. In the back of my mind I was constantly thinking I was going to go hypo and I sort of manifested the symptoms by stressing out but in reality I was fine. Maybe I need to bump up the iu to 10 and see how it goes.

Going hypo will never be a guess... lol.

You will know something is wrong 100%.... it’s a progression of classic symptoms. And sugar will make you feel better almost instantly.

Unless you massively fuck things up!

I've never touched insulin, but I was camping in the middle of nowhere ALONE about 10 years ago.. I went for a short hike and on the way back to my camp site it just felt like my legs were rubber, weird disorentied/dizzy feeling, sweating, cold, very very very weak... It took me a couple mins to figure out I wass hypo.. I carefully made it back to camp and ate some sugar and it went away..

I can't for the life of me figure out why that happened to me, but newf is right, you will have no doubt about being hypo when you feel it.

For the record, since that day I keep candy in my ATV/snowmobile/camping gear and backpack.. lol, I cleaned my back pack out the other day and the same werthers original, giant ass lollipop and mangled bag of skittles are still in there from 10 years ago..

I did slin for the first time this morning, I did 5iu humalog before breakfast and I ate my cream of wheat with peanut butter and 4 eggs with bcaa. I didnt feel any different than how I normally feel. In the back of my mind I was constantly thinking I was going to go hypo and I sort of manifested the symptoms by stressing out but in reality I was fine. Maybe I need to bump up the iu to 10 and see how it goes.

just be careful and smart. 1-2iu increase at a time is best. You don’t want to double the amount of slin you use overnight.

Your gonna wanna lay off as much fats as possible during peak insulin times. A couple egg yolks are ok(not 4), but cut out that peanut butter for sure. Fat slows the absorption of glucose into cells. Thus defeating the purpose of taking insulin. Results will be access fat gains.
Same with cream of wheat. Not awful. Not ideal. Processed. Which is good. You want a faster processing carbohydrate, not a sugar but for example white rice, white bagel. You want a carb that is going to be absorbed to match the timing of your humalog. A whole grain is slow and “long acting” carb. So after the humalog is done it’s peak time, your body could still be trying to process the carbs. You want the humalog to process the meal you eat or at least majority of it. That way when it’s time to eat again you’re not compounding carbs. Which again leads to extra fat deposits.

Are you taking GH as well? I’d say insulin on its own isn’t worth it. But maybe another member will have a different view there.
When using insulin it’s all about what you eat but just as important is when you eat it.
Whatever dose you end up with just make sure it’s one you can control. Insure your body can absorb the amount of food as fast as the insulin. Large amounts of insulin doesn’t equal large gains. Perhaps Different if youre extremely experienced. If not you’ll probably end up hypo and fat.

You didn’t say in your post, but you monitored your levels using a meter to graph how your body reacted? You kinda made it sound like you went by feel?

Thank you for the detailed reply. Not going to bullshit here but I dont use a blood glucose meter. I just started with 5iu to see how my body reacted since Ive read that 5iu wont really be anywhere close to killing you regardless but I think its wise to go grab myself a kit just to be safe.

Im running 750 sust and 40mg anavar with 2iu gh. Im 6'3 230lb approx 13%bf

Would just plain old chicken and white rice suffice? Along with some bcaa and eaa? I would like to keep it as simple as possible but I dont just want to be slamming carb drinks and powders, Id rather be eating foods if possible. What about dried cranberries?

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed reply. Not going to bullshit here but I dont use a blood glucose meter. I just started with 5iu to see how my body reacted since Ive read that 5iu wont really be anywhere close to killing you regardless but I think its wise to go grab myself a kit just to be safe.

Would just plain old chicken and white rice suffice? Along with some bcaa and eaa? I would like to keep it as simple as possible but I dont just want to be slamming carb drinks and powders, Id rather be eating foods if possible. What about dried cranberries?

You need to get a blood glucose meter. For real, no joke. Sometimes I'm under 70mg/dl and from experience I can feel it. But no symptoms. Other times I got sweat running down my back and I gotta eat like right now. Also from one day to the next the results from the same dose will be different. Huge risk using insulin without a meter. Not only for your health, but for your results. Insulin is a great tool when used properly. But can really hurt your physique if used improperly. 5iu may not kill you, it may though. 5iu will crash me a certain times. You need to know what your sugar is at so you can time your meals properly.

I don't take insulin pre cardio. There is techniques to use here. But a personal choice I don't really need it. I take insulin pre weight workout with an intra workout shake, consisting of BCAA, cyclodextrin, hydolyzed whey and gatorade. Post workout I take another slin dose, I have a couple scoops of isolate with a bowl of rice cripies or similar rice based cereal. No brown rice. Fast stuff. Then roughly an hour to an hour and half later my sugar is down again, usually very low, I then eat a LEAN meat of choice with white rice. 2 hours later I'll introduce fats into my meals.
I won't get into details of my doses. It's very individual. Also not something I'm comfortable posting on an open forum.

I've used slin many times. My advice on this is:

1. Follow a safe/stable routine. If you can't stick to a STRICT daily routine for whatever reason then hold off till you can!
2. When using fast acting slin ALWAYS........ALWAYS keep liquid carbs within arms reach at all times! If you go hypo with dry mouth a candy won't do shit for you!
3. Treat slin with the utmost respect!

I've put on about 10lbs in the last two weeks. The fullness is pretty crazy. It's actually not as complicated as I thought it would be using it now that I've figured out all the timing.

Starting out I would aim at 10g of carbs per iu minimum. Honestly I’d probably not start at 10iu if I were you start at 5.
Make sure you have some sugar with you at all times. You will feel when you are starting to go hypo. Get that sugar in your body. Insulin can be tricky and it can vary day to day xx amount of carbs per iu may work for you many times and then wham one day insulin will throw you a surprise.

Here is an example. I was running 10iu pre and post workout. I was eating About 150 grams of carbs to cover that amount of insulin. It was working well for a col weeks. I came home from the gym took my shot had a 50 g carb shake and protein. Within an hour I ate a huge meal with 100 grams of carbs. I went to the mall right after my meal. As I was walking around I could feel myself going hypo. Ok well I’ll just head to the food court right. Well it hit me so hard and fast I was pouring sweat and became confused a simple walk to the food court but I was getting lost. I started to become worried as I knew I was getting in real bad shape. Finally I saw the food court pushed my way to the front of the line and told the guy I was diabetic and to please get me a Pepsi ASAP. By this time my shirt was soaked and I felt like shit. I ended up having 3 more Pepsi’s and 4 slices of pizza.
Anyhow what I’m saying is make sure you always have some sugar with you Insulin WILL surprise you one day so be prepared for it
you listed some of the symptoms of hypo, so there was profuse sweating, confusion ... was there anything else like almost blacking or whiting out? nausea? anxiety? ... wondering if there was other things you noticed?

you listed some of the symptoms of hypo, so there was profuse sweating, confusion ... was there anything else like almost blacking or whiting out? nausea? anxiety? ... wondering if there was other things you noticed?

I guess you could say there was anxiety since I knew the seriousness of the situation
Once you black out you are in serious trouble unless someone knows why you went down

Reactions: PGM
I guess you could say there was anxiety since I knew the seriousness of the situation
Once you black out you are in serious trouble unless someone knows why you went down

I bought a glucagon pen for this reason, no roommates or girlfriend or anything like that though if it ever came to needing to use it lol

Reactions: 3ml
I've put on about 10lbs in the last two weeks. The fullness is pretty crazy. It's actually not as complicated as I thought it would be using it now that I've figured out all the timing.

It's all shits n giggles till you go hypo bro, but trust me when that happens you won't be thinking that slin use Is "Actually not as complicated as I thought"! What you will be thinking however is......HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.....HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA DIE.... and hopefully you don't!