Figuring out TRT/Finasteride/AI dose

TPM_81

Trusted Member
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you on here run Finasteride(Propecia) with your TRT? I started on Finasteride about 3 years ago for my hair loss. I was aware of the sides and had a great dermatologist who I trusted write me the script(wasn't going to risk non pharma Fin). The first side I noticed was that my estrogen was def rising quicker after my trt injections. I do 1/2cc Mon and Thurs(250mg enth total). I was getting all the high estro sides, feeling emotional listening to music or watching movies, sore joints, and itchy nips. Now before starting Fin, I would do my 250mg test and just take 1mg Adex capsule on Monday. No issues, whatsoever. Now, since starting Fin I cannot manage my Estradiol. I know, I know, get bloods, not so easy here in NS so I have to rely on the "Bro" method, i.e. going by feel. I have pharma Adex instead of capsules and I split the 1mg tab in half with a pill cutter. I've tried everything, including switching to Aromasin 12.5mg tabs because I've read it's not as strong. I've read page after page on when the best time to take the AI. The last two weeks I've tried taking the .5mg adex on Weds morning and Sat morning(so around 48hrs post injection). I keep detailed notes on my mood, libido, workouts. It seems Monday injection day, I'm full of energy, great mood and high libido after my shot. It's not until around 5pm Tuesday that my mood starts getting shitty, and the littlest things are getting on my nerves, followed by libido going to shit. I wake up Weds morning, eat breakfast, pop my 1/2 mg Adex and slowly my mood starts changing, but then an hour later it's as if I crash my estradiol to 0 and get all the low estro sides. Sorry for the long description guys but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated!

What is your total and free test numbers? What is your E2? I suspect your TRT dosage is too high. Hard to assess situation without BW data, but i suspect you are way over range for normal levels.

Try reducing test from 250mg to 150mg per week. Continue to pin twice per week, drop the AI. Wait 5-6 weeks to reach new balanced levels. If you still feel swings increase pinning to EOD. Get BW.

@Oldguyjiujitsu I have UG Test Enth (Pareto) would that make a difference? I've read that if you are taking UG test at 250mg it might be 150mg when compared to a pharma test.

For All the reputable labs 250 mg should be equal to 250 mg pharma…especially for test. It’s cheap so no reason to underdose. I’ve never noticed a difference between UGL and Pharma test.

My recommendation is if you’re going to run a cycle, run a cycle but TRT at 250 mg most people will get negative sides overtime.

The goal of TRT is to they keep your hormones within the higher end of normal range. Reduce to 150, drop ai and adjust your pinning
frequency until you feel good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Oldguyjiujitsu I have UG Test Enth (Pareto) would that make a difference? I've read that if you are taking UG test at 250mg it might be 150mg when compared to a pharma test.
Morning, I doubt that very highly. Test is not expensive to make and most labs would not paradise putting out crap test at any ester. I don't price shop and simply went where my contacts took me and stuck with the lab that made health related products too but any of the named labs would be fine in my book. I am very careful with blood tests, checking my organ function and getting hormone tests done at the same time. Have script test and know from multiple blood tests what 100 mg will put me at 3 days and 8 days after injection when the doc wanted me to do it every two weeks (the doctor didn't understand half lives as it was enanthate) so I had to bring in literature and explain why at minimum once a week was better.
Anyway - Dracorex at 100 mg per week on day 3 was essentially identical / maybe a little higher, so was INNO, SYN, and Genetec. Genetec I had cypionate so the half life is slighly different but was essentially identical - all may have differed by a point or two but so did by script month to month based on how my body was metabolizing it. If 250 mg equals 150 mg, which ever lab shows you that in blood tests stop dealing with them and let the lab know. I realize you said you heard that - whoever told you that is dealing with a bad lab. It is the easiest to confirm as you don't have to get HPLC testing, you can go off total test.

I don't take high doses - your dosage of test would be a blast for me. I normally am 100-125 mg per month and my estrogen is always in the middle range. I get script proscar and cut in 4's. Each tab is 1.25 each - doctor knows exactly what I am doing as my PSA is fine. It is covered by insurance, most companies don't cover finasteride/propecia.

I haven't used an AI or SERM in my life but have them on hand in case I need it and don't want to wait.

Good luck

So finestride raises estro?
I just started fin last week. Any links or anywhere you guys can send me or recommended?
For things like riods not to take with it, I heard don't take deca while on it, and I heard it doesn't help with DHT roids but anything I shouldn't take while on it and things I should watch out for type info?