Eating and Appetite

Could try adding in liquid calories like whole milk. Or adding a few servings of nut butters / oils to your meals. If you're having trouble consuming more calories, depending on what your macro's currently look like, I would lean into fats a little more maybe.

I have never had any luck with this

Fats made me hit calorie goals, but they slowed down digestion so much that I could check BG throughout the day and I'd never come back close to fasted levels where I'm ready to receive the next meal. It absolutely ruined my nutrient partitioning.

When I limited the fats, meals would pass in 2-3 hours and I'd be ready for the next. Figuring this out with food was honestly like finding steroids all over again haha. Once I figured out the nutrient partitioning aspect and ate accordingly, I just started blowing up like it was my first cycle all over again.

Not saying your wrong or anything, I'm sure what happened to me and how my body used food will not hold true to the same for everybody. Just sharing my experience for people reading, to keep in mind the other possibility/end of it is all.

I didn't read every post so if this is a repetition - sorry. If you want to add weight, have prepared food so there is no work to eat when your not hungry - you prepare it and put it in containers. If your use to eating 3 meals a day, you don't have to go to 6 immediately. Go to 4 and the 4th meal might just be a small piece of steak and a few tablespoons of walnuts/almonds. Over time, your body gets used to it and expects that 4th meal.
I consider my pre-workout a meal and all it is is cream of rice with some cinnamon or a little protein powder. It is my main source of carbs.
The more you eat, the more your body will want it but you can't go from 3 to 6 meals and have a massive increase in calories, at least I don't think it is smart.
EVOO - a tablespoon is great, this can be argued all day but I eat raw eggs all the time (lower protein when not cooked but I am yet to see a scientific study that shows this). Greek yogurt, berries, some walnuts, and if you want better flavour add in 10-15 grams of protein powder. It is not overly filling, lots of antioxidants with the nuts and berries and is loaded with protein and very few carbs.

It has been said forever - training is the easier part, eating enough to grow is the hardest part. Real food is always the best but some people will use weight gainers albeit I don't think it is a good idea.

You do not need to take more drugs so you eat more. No doubt some PED's will make you hungrier but learn to do it when your off or on TRT, if you don't you will just lose it all after your PCT and go back to eating 3 meals a day.

good luck!
Thanks brother

Eat before bed. A full meal.

I only ate foods that would benefit me, so not much junk food, because it lower in calories and makes you full.

When I was super lean all the time because of my metabolism I would eat energy dense foods. More fat, breads, pasta.
I also drank 2 litres of milk a day.

Wait till you pass your 40's, it will slow and then you'll have to watch what you eat or get fat, lol. The part that sucks about this is you will not be used to watching what you eat and it will suck to have to.

It has been said forever - training is the easier part, eating enough to grow is the hardest part. Real food is always the best but some people will use weight gainers albeit I don't think it is a good idea.

You do not need to take more drugs so you eat more. No doubt some PED's will make you hungrier but learn to do it when your off or on TRT, if you don't you will just lose it all after your PCT and go back to eating 3 meals a day.

good luck!
The second last line I learned the hard way. At first I thought I could cheat with more drugs, it didn't work.

Fats made me hit calorie goals, but they slowed down digestion so much that I could check BG throughout the day and I'd never come back close to fasted levels where I'm ready to receive the next meal. It absolutely ruined my nutrient partitioning.

When I limited the fats, meals would pass in 2-3 hours and I'd be ready for the next. Figuring this out with food was honestly like finding steroids all over again haha. Once I figured out the nutrient partitioning aspect and ate accordingly, I just started blowing up like it was my first cycle all over again.

Not saying your wrong or anything, I'm sure what happened to me and how my body used food will not hold true to the same for everybody. Just sharing my experience for people reading, to keep in mind the other possibility/end of it is all.
Yeah I've noticed this as well. Body just rips through meals when fats are low. Got to find out what works for you. I like to time my higher fat meals for when I know it could be a while before my next meal, like my last meal at work in case I need to stay late or get stuck in traffic lol.

Yeah I've noticed this as well. Body just rips through meals when fats are low. Got to find out what works for you. I like to time my higher fat meals for when I know it could be a while before my next meal, like my last meal at work in case I need to stay late or get stuck in traffic lol.
I was going to ask what the fat intake was. I also find NO added fats to meals helps them move through faster making you hungrier more frequently. Only fate are 2 whole eggs with meal 1 and beef before bed

I was going to ask what the fat intake was. I also find NO added fats to meals helps them move through faster making you hungrier more frequently. Only fate are 2 whole eggs with meal 1 and beef before bed

Yeah, adding fats to your diet is just an easy way to increase calories. But doing so strategically like in your last meal for example. To be honest I've never had an issue trying to get a lot of calories in. Especially with including nut butters / honey / liquid calories, more so around the training window.

Great post. I always recommend nuts for those struggling to get the cals in but this right here is the deep stuff. Great job of applying some science. I've had some success for myself and others by holding back the bulk of the fats portion of the meal for a half hour after the rest.
Hey guys this has always interested me. How can bodybuilding/builders always eat ? I personally can't eat all day long . When I'm full that's it for me . If I force myself ill feel sick . I function fine on 3-4 meals . I been trying to gain more weight and find getting the 5th meal or shake in just horrible . Doesn't work with my schedule and the amount if free hours I have in the day. I applaud the ones that can eat all day . I have been trying to increase my appetite and can't seem to do so any advice guys?
I did 5k a day for a couple of years, even that much ain't for pussies.
There is at least one drug that should help with appetite, an anti-histamine called Periactin, I have no experience with it and am not recommending it, just info.

Usually when people are asking this question what they are really looking for is the best, most efficient or easiest way to get it done. The way with the least discomfort.
I say this because deep down most realize the real answer is "suck it up Nancy". If it was easy then everyone would do it and it wouldn't be special. Your appetite may never increase enough. Fuck your appetite though, you don't have to be hungry to choke a spoonful down. It's your level of desire to reach your goals that matters.

You are smart enough to figure out how to get it done. How bad do you want it and what are you willing to do and suffer through to get it?

PS - Rome wasn't built in a day, you or your food tolerance won't be either. One quick suggestion, throw a bag of nuts or some protein bars in your pouch and eat a handful everytime you need to walk anywhere while you are at work.

Perhaps you could try this trick I used to do...Grab a nutribullet and spoon, then add desired amount of chicken, rice, water and blend until baby food consistency and east it that way. It helped me in terms of not getting full from the meal and believe it or not these actually start to tast pretty damn good. (My recipe was 6of chicken breast, 3/4 cup jasmine rice and just enough water to cover 1" over the food, blend and eat away. It could be worth a go