drug addiction... I knew it was bad in Canada, but I never thought this

I dont' see this in schools I'm around..

I don't see much push of the LGBQT stuff either to be honest. The kids who identify as such do have resources and staff avaiable to them, but it's not pushed on to students. Only those who seek it are exposed to it.

Granted I teach in a very rural area that's mainly conservative, so it just wouldn't fly if it's pushed on the general school population.

Heck, schools get a very hard push back from teaching yoga in phys ed here. Yoga has pagan and Buddhist roots. And one of the main yoga positions is apparently a position in some belives to be the position where you are welcoming satan into your spirit. There was enough push back from the very Christian parents and families that students needed a permission for signed to participt in yoga. Kids also need a permission form to learn aspect of sex ed in schools here.

I'm not denying some schools and school boards push the LGBQT issues hard into their student populations.. I know of a student who moved here who told me in the school they left, each classroom had to have a pride flag displayed. I don't think a Canada flag was required, but the student wasn't 100% sure on that one, but the pride flag was required in each classroom.
They don't push it per say, but when we went to orientation to the high school it was mentioned a few times during the orientation when they talked about the school and honestly there were signs in every hallway, every class room and the lgtb flag. But as I said, not one thing about staying off drugs.

Honestly not having the gay kids picked on is not a bad thing. My grandson feels sorry for the trans kids, they have no friends and as he said "are a bit strange" and I asked him if pronouns were something he really heard about and he said no one freaks out like they show online. I bet we see the extremes like always.

Now one kid did identify as a cat or something and that was not put up with, the parents were called.

I think for drug education they should really have recovered addicts come to school and real talk the shit out of them, like it was fun at first but it ruins your life.

They don't push it per say, but when we went to orientation to the high school it was mentioned a few times during the orientation when they talked about the school and honestly there were signs in every hallway, every class room and the lgtb flag. But as I said, not one thing about staying off drugs.

Honestly not having the gay kids picked on is not a bad thing. My grandson feels sorry for the trans kids, they have no friends and as he said "are a bit strange" and I asked him if pronouns were something he really heard about and he said no one freaks out like they show online. I bet we see the extremes like always.

Now one kid did identify as a cat or something and that was not put up with, the parents were called.

100%... No kid should get picked on regardless of what they are, what they go through etc..

I wish I could walk through videoing the 3 schools I've worked in here to show you there is no rainbow flags or pride signs anywhere. There truly isn't.. One female teacher had a pride flag in her room about 7 or 8 years ago?? She was 24ish, tatoos, pierciings, multi coloured hair etc.. She was open with most staff about having bisexual experiences etc.. This lady didn;t last though, she was gone to another school board in 2 years.. She did get some push back from parents, but to be honest other than having a pride flag in her classroom, she never talked, taught LGBQT stuff to the kids.. She did supervise the LGBQT group in which kids could go and eat lunch and hang out. The teacher was required to supervise, but they did not lead discussions, initate, teach etc.. Just by board policy, kids always need a staff supervisor.. After this lady left, no staff agreed to supervise the LGBQT lunch club and it disolved.. Truthfully, the only kids that really went to it were kids who just went to see who else was there.

I've never really witnessed a "flip out" of the pride kids at school. There's a couple kids who literally want staff to tell them something so they can react, but the staff just doesn't give them that opportunity.. For example one kid I taught wore a pride flag to class and wouldn't stand up for O Canada.. She was wanting a staff member to engage her and tell her to put the flag away or stand for O Canada, but I just didn't say anything to her.. She dropped the who thing after a week of staff not engaging her.. There is the odd kid like this in middle school. but that's about it..

There is some bullying towards LGBQT kids and more so the kids that idenfity as Furries though.. I do feel the ones bullying should be suspended without a second thought, but uually this doesn't happen until the 3rd or 4th offense because admin are pussies.. Admin doesn't want to suspend a kid for bullying a LGBQT kid because they fear their parent will show up and flip out saying their kid has a right to express their feelings about gays just as much as the kid has a right to wear a pride flag.. This has happened several times, so admin chooses to give about 4 warnings to bullies of LGBQT/furry kids..

Admin in schools are honestly some of the biggest spineless people I've meet. They agreed to take the hard job, make the hard decisions and have the difficult conversations and enforce the tough rules.. They agreed to do that job and take the salary and perks that go along with it, but then they all end up morphing into someone who just handles things in a way that makes their life easiest.

100%... No kid should get picked on regardless of what they are, what they go through etc..

I wish I could walk through videoing the 3 schools I've worked in here to show you there is no rainbow flags or pride signs anywhere. There truly isn't.. One female teacher had a pride flag in her room about 7 or 8 years ago?? She was 24ish, tatoos, pierciings, multi coloured hair etc.. She was open with most staff about having bisexual experiences etc.. This lady didn;t last though, she was gone to another school board in 2 years.. She did get some push back from parents, but to be honest other than having a pride flag in her classroom, she never talked, taught LGBQT stuff to the kids.. She did supervise the LGBQT group in which kids could go and eat lunch and hang out. The teacher was required to supervise, but they did not lead discussions, initate, teach etc.. Just by board policy, kids always need a staff supervisor.. After this lady left, no staff agreed to supervise the LGBQT lunch club and it disolved.. Truthfully, the only kids that really went to it were kids who just went to see who else was there.

I've never really witnessed a "flip out" of the pride kids at school. There's a couple kids who literally want staff to tell them something so they can react, but the staff just doesn't give them that opportunity.. For example one kid I taught wore a pride flag to class and wouldn't stand up for O Canada.. She was wanting a staff member to engage her and tell her to put the flag away or stand for O Canada, but I just didn't say anything to her.. She dropped the who thing after a week of staff not engaging her.. There is the odd kid like this in middle school. but that's about it..

There is some bullying towards LGBQT kids and more so the kids that idenfity as Furries though.. I do feel the ones bullying should be suspended without a second thought, but uually this doesn't happen until the 3rd or 4th offense because admin are pussies.. Admin doesn't want to suspend a kid for bullying a LGBQT kid because they fear their parent will show up and flip out saying their kid has a right to express their feelings about gays just as much as the kid has a right to wear a pride flag.. This has happened several times, so admin chooses to give about 4 warnings to bullies of LGBQT/furry kids..

Admin in schools are honestly some of the biggest spineless people I've meet. They agreed to take the hard job, make the hard decisions and have the difficult conversations and enforce the tough rules.. They agreed to do that job and take the salary and perks that go along with it, but then they all end up morphing into someone who just handles things in a way that makes their life easiest.
To be fair the admins lose their jobs if they stand up too hard. Happened to the principal at my grandsons school. She was a great principle, the two after her do not have near as much pride in the school as she did. She actually cared deeply for the welfare of the kids. But she applied some pressure on a couple kids that had stole something from the school and the parents complained so much that they moved her to a different school.

We did the same thing at the shop with people who didn't wear masks. They came in hoping for a fight and we really didn't care and funny part is after a while a few of them wore one just out of respect for us only at our shop (was told this by a few of them). People who had breathing issues and told me, I told them they didn't have to wear one if they didn't want to, that we didn't care.

Detox addicts, and put’m in trade camps. Sort of like labor camps. Stay there, build shit, learn a skill, and get back out there when you’re ready. People with opportunities, and skills are far less likely to relapse. Fuck, could fix the housing problem at the same time too.
The problem is most of these people come from a long line of losers and they probably don’t have the mental capacity to learn a trade. It’s like that movie I think it’s called idiocracy only stupid people can afford to have kids. Most of fentanyl addicts/dealers have been on welfare their entire lives and have up to 9+ kids with other welfare addicts. Their parents were also the same way.

A place like Kingston has entire crack head dynasties lol. I have never met a Snyder or a Vankoughnet in Kingston that wasn’t a drug addict and they are all related lol

The problem is most of these people come from a long line of losers and they probably don’t have the mental capacity to learn a trade. It’s like that movie I think it’s called idiocracy only stupid people can afford to have kids. Most of fentanyl addicts/dealers have been on welfare their entire lives and have up to 9+ kids with other welfare addicts. Their parents were also the same way.

A place like Kingston has entire crack head dynasties lol. I have never met a Snyder or a Vankoughnet in Kingston that wasn’t a drug addict and they are all related lol
You are totally right about Kingston. I could not believe how many people lived off welfare here. Blew my mind, especially since I was from Edmonton where I didn’t know a single person my whole life on welfare.

There are whole apartment/townhome complexes with people who are on government assistance, they have tons of kids, most sell drugs or work under the table to keep collecting. I looked it up and Ontario 10% of the population is on government assistance. (I am not talking about the funding immigrants get at first)

The main experience I have is with my stepson, and after too much abuse, their brain is destroyed, like my grandson, a good chunk get mental disorders that inhibit them from being able to hold a job. My grandson did good for about 6 months working for me, then he took a downhill slide and is just starting to recover to the point he can work again after about 4 months. I can’t work with him anymore, he is not reliable enough, but I know he needs a bit of money, hard to live off of 500 a month, so I supplement him with another 200 a month and some food. Truthfully I feel bad for him, he is screwed for life, all because he thought he was cool experimenting with hard drugs.

You are totally right about Kingston. I could not believe how many people lived off welfare here. Blew my mind, especially since I was from Edmonton where I didn’t know a single person my whole life on welfare.

There are whole apartment/townhome complexes with people who are on government assistance, they have tons of kids, most sell drugs or work under the table to keep collecting. I looked it up and Ontario 10% of the population is on government assistance. (I am not talking about the funding immigrants get at first)

The main experience I have is with my stepson, and after too much abuse, their brain is destroyed, like my grandson, a good chunk get mental disorders that inhibit them from being able to hold a job. My grandson did good for about 6 months working for me, then he took a downhill slide and is just starting to recover to the point he can work again after about 4 months. I can’t work with him anymore, he is not reliable enough, but I know he needs a bit of money, hard to live off of 500 a month, so I supplement him with another 200 a month and some food. Truthfully I feel bad for him, he is screwed for life, all because he thought he was cool experimenting with hard drugs.
It’s sad my uncle adopted a kid from a welfare family that most likely drank through the pregnancy. He’s in his 20’s now and can’t hold a job. My uncle got him good jobs working for the town and got fired for telling his bosses to fuck off. He even got fired from the dump. All he had to do is sit there at the gate.

It’s sad my uncle adopted a kid from a welfare family that most likely drank through the pregnancy. He’s in his 20’s now and can’t hold a job. My uncle got him good jobs working for the town and got fired for telling his bosses to fuck off. He even got fired from the dump. All he had to do is sit there at the gate.
Fetal alcohol syndrome is very difficult to work with most of the time. I had one success about 15 years ago when we prepped one kid (17 years old) for a try for the military. He got in and is still to this day.
@animal-inside has a lot of experience with these kids.

Fetal alcohol syndrome is very difficult to work with most of the time. I had one success about 15 years ago when we prepped one kid (17 years old) for a try for the military. He got in and is still to this day.
I wonder if we know the same guy. I know a guy that had FAS that joined the military maybe around 10 years ago. You could tell there was something slightly off with him, but he kept himself together very well. He worked really hard at everything. He was also fairly cool calm and collected.

My cousin on the other hand looks completely normal, but if someone tells him no, he gets unhinged which just makes him look like an asshole with nothing wrong with him. It can’t be easy he even has a kid now and still can’t keep it together.

The very sad thing I see with FASD is that FASD teen/adults are more likely to get pregnant, more likely to get pregnant as a teen or young adult and are more likely to have a FASD child themselves. Seems very cycle based. I jhave no research or proof, but its just what I see.

When I first moved to this commiunity, I was told in proffesional development that the stats for first nations/metis/ Inuit are
1 in 4 are a victim of some level of sexual abuse.
1 in 4 are FASD.

We are not told those type of stats anymore.. They don't like to release stats that make specific demographics look bad.

My mother's best friend could not have a baby with her husband. So after a few years of paper work and waiting, they adopted a girl. I think she was around 3 or 4 months old when they got the girl... Only after the adoption went through did they find out the baby was born addicted to heroin or crack.. Was extremely difficult for them to raise the child, but they did and they did amazing raising her. But once she was around 18/19 and they couldn't control every aspect of her life, she went wild partying and being sexually active. She's got 2 kids herself now and general feeling from ppl is that one is quite obvious FASD and the second possibly.

The very sad thing I see with FASD is that FASD teen/adults are more likely to get pregnant, more likely to get pregnant as a teen or young adult and are more likely to have a FASD child themselves. Seems very cycle based. I jhave no research or proof, but its just what I see.

When I first moved to this commiunity, I was told in proffesional development that the stats for first nations/metis/ Inuit are
1 in 4 are a victim of some level of sexual abuse.
1 in 4 are FASD.

We are not told those type of stats anymore.. They don't like to release stats that make specific demographics look bad.

My mother's best friend could not have a baby with her husband. So after a few years of paper work and waiting, they adopted a girl. I think she was around 3 or 4 months old when they got the girl... Only after the adoption went through did they find out the baby was born addicted to heroin or crack.. Was extremely difficult for them to raise the child, but they did and they did amazing raising her. But once she was around 18/19 and they couldn't control every aspect of her life, she went wild partying and being sexually active. She's got 2 kids herself now and general feeling from ppl is that one is quite obvious FASD and the second possibly.
I worked in a treatment centre style group home that was the last resort for the agencies. Most kids had defiance style disorders, but not always fas. Maybe about 20% on average.

100% of the native kids mostly far northerners had fas. I probably knew about 50+ of them from my time there. Maybe it’s genetic. I had a native friend in college that would get blackout lay on the floor drunk from a mickey. I could drink a 26er to myself and still be in better shape than him and we were the same size.

I come from a long line of addicts; all the way back to Ireland. I struggled with addiction myself too. I took a “forced vacation”, got clean, and turned my shit around. I mean, my degree was basically free with my bursaries, and academic scholarship. But I doubt I could manage the intricacies of say carpentry, or the demands of calculating—the volume cylinders, that plumbers face.

FAS aside, the circumstances of one’s birth don’t need to define their entire life. There are people who start fucked right out of the gate, and there are people who start off great with every advantage; that fuck it up all on their own. Addiction is a strange thing like that. I mean, look at all the “normal people” oxys fucked over. I also think you’re off the mark on “most” fentanyl dealers, as the ones I knew were guys who had normal jobs at one point, and got addicted. Though that’s just personal experience. 🤷‍♂️

“Afford to have kids” has always struck me as a crazy statement though, and I’d be curious to hear you expand on that.

I come from a long line of addicts; all the way back to Ireland. I struggled with addiction myself too. I took a “forced vacation”, got clean, and turned my shit around. I mean, my degree was basically free with my bursaries, and academic scholarship. But I doubt I could manage the intricacies of say carpentry, or the demands of calculating—the volume cylinders, that plumbers face.

FAS aside, the circumstances of one’s birth don’t need to define their entire life. There are people who start fucked right out of the gate, and there are people who start off great with every advantage; that fuck it up all on their own. Addiction is a strange thing like that. I mean, look at all the “normal people” oxys fucked over. I also think you’re off the mark on “most” fentanyl dealers, as the ones I knew were guys who had normal jobs at one point, and got addicted. Though that’s just personal experience. 🤷‍♂️

“Afford to have kids” has always struck me as a crazy statement though, and I’d be curious to hear you expand on that.
this statement is so strong. your circumstances don’t define you. i have good circumstances and do good with them, i’ll admit. i know people with better circumstances who fucked it all up. i know people with worse circumstances doing better than i ever dream to. life is your oyster