Don't know where to ask so... (importing Taxidermy)

Thegodofgains

Trusted Member
Good morning everyone.

So i need some help or info if anyone can offer any insight.

I am importing a saltwater crocodile taxidermy from australia.

It arrived through Vancouver last saturday is destined for ontario.

I have a verified/approved cites export form that was attached to the shipment from the exporter.

I was checking the tracking, and it said it couldn't not clear customs

That being said, i have contacted cites and CBSA, and the exporter, because he said there would be no issues since the export permit was approved.

When I was looking at the Canadian site for cites, the species is crocodylus porosus, and is listed as appendix 1 & 2

Appendix one requires a 'IMPORT' document as well as export, where as appendix 2 only requires export. (I am confused as my package only had export form. since it is listed under both do I need a import for or not?).

CBSA said it was too early, and everything is delayed so i should wait longer.

So i waited 4 months to get it the export form approved, but i would like everything to be smooth.

Also, it's for personal use, just as a showpiece for display, not for commercial or scientific research so I'm not trading it.

IMG_20220125_195150.jpgIMG_20220125_195212.jpg

Sent from my M2007J3SY using Tapatalk

Any kind of importing is totally screwed up right now.

A lot of what we install comes from the US and Mexico and stuff that is usually 10-12 weeks is now 40 weeks. Hard enough to make money without this to help out. 🤦‍♂️

Any sort of governmental agencies are shit at the best of time so…..

From all I know, its a crap shoot and a very expensive one at that..

And good luck speaking to a human on the phone about it.

I brought back a beaver skull from Vegas when I was there . Had a had time at customs bringing it back to Canada .. it’s ended up being fine but was a little bit of a hassle

I brought back a beaver skull from Vegas when I was there . Had a had time at customs bringing it back to Canada .. it’s ended up being fine but was a little bit of a hassle

lol dear god.. how much did you pay for it? I'm assuming you bought it from a touristy type place?

I can send you all the beaver skulls you can handle.. just pay the shipping

lol dear god.. how much did you pay for it? I'm assuming you bought it from a touristy type place?

I can send you all the beaver skulls you can handle.. just pay the shipping
It was a little eccentric store way off the strip the i stubbled across .. I think I payed 30$… and yeah I’ll take some skulls off yeah !!

It was a little eccentric store way off the strip the i stubbled across .. I think I payed 30$… and yeah I’ll take some skulls off yeah !!

30$ is actually a good deal IF the skull was cleaned and bleached..