Dog Owners and Breeds

when my labs goes, we are going to get a dog from a shelter. I dont think the st bernard is going to do well on his own and im tired of puppies lol.
Their cute as fuck but way too much work.
Either that or get a English bulldog. Had one when i first moved out on my own and he was awesome

I have a 2 yr female Saint and wow I couldn't beleive how effected she was when my great dane passed, she was down in the dumps for weeks, way worse then me and the wife. It was actually a really odd day put a deposit down on a english mastiff puppy and later on in the day found the dane dead in the dog house. Knew he was getting old but still figured he had another year in him. Then later on in the day had a lady whom is friends with the wife asking if she would take her pure bred German Shepard, being that she got divorced and is living in city now with a farm dog.

I didn’t write this, but it is a copy and past from a breeder I follow on Facebook. I will 100% always get my dog from a reputable breeder because they are the ones that need to be supported. If we didn’t have so many negligent backyard breeders or dog rescues bringing in dogs from foreign countries (who were most likely bred in a puppy mill for our rescue programs) our shelters would not be full of animals.

“Perhaps I did not make myself abundantly clear to the naysayers who feel we should not be breeding purebred, dogs but rather should adopt and save the poor creatures in shelters. How on earth do you think they got there?? It is because someone and a great number of someones didn’t care. These dogs are cross breeds, street dogs, imports from other countries, often the result of unplanned litters, strays and owner relinquished, neglected and abandoned because there was no support system in place to protect them and provide for them. And yes sometimes they are even purebred. We know you take great pride in establishing that fact, but only a very small percentage of shelter dogs are questionable purebreds, as quality breeders cannot and will not allow their dogs to become wards of the humane society system. And now you would wish that we should rescue them all rather than offer well bred, healthy, temperamentally stable beautiful canines to those who desire to own them. We have chosen to preserve our beautiful purebreds for the generations to come as they have been for us. We do not criticize you for choosing to adopt from a shelter and we respect and encourage your right to do so. Please respect our right to breed purebred dogs, that are true to a standard and recognized for their beauty and purpose worldwide. We love all dogs and continue to support breed rescues and local shelters but we cannot save them all, as long as there are those who would exploit the canine. We implore you to understand our position and think wisely before speaking and slandering preservation breeders and purebred dog advocates.”
Author: @Pam McClintock
For the Love of Purebred Dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always wanted a new breed called Pomsky! It’s a mix of Pomeranian and a Siberian Husky with blue eyes. The thing is they go up to $8,000 they come in different marks some have spots & deferent colore. Females mostly weigh up to 40 pounds and males weigh up to 60 pounds super adorable. 😍

Attachments

• 3D298384-C771-4670-AAE2-686A505C0445.jpeg
    3D298384-C771-4670-AAE2-686A505C0445.jpeg
    937.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 1CB0DF0E-F548-47C9-B94C-CF3A0C65543C.jpeg
    1CB0DF0E-F548-47C9-B94C-CF3A0C65543C.jpeg
    525.7 KB · Views: 7
I have always wanted a new breed called Pomsky! It’s a mix of Pomeranian and a Siberian Husky with blue eyes. The thing is they go up to $8,000 they come in different marks some have spots & deferent colore. Females mostly weigh up to 40 pounds and males weigh up to 60 pounds super adorable. 😍

That's a nice dog. But omg expensive

I have always wanted a new breed called Pomsky! It’s a mix of Pomeranian and a Siberian Husky with blue eyes. The thing is they go up to $8,000 they come in different marks some have spots & deferent colore. Females mostly weigh up to 40 pounds and males weigh up to 60 pounds super adorable. [emoji7]

Very nice, but huskies need an experienced owner. They are fiercely independent and will challenge authority regularly. And wow that is expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an English mastiff, he has been an amazing dog, great temperament and couldn’t ask for a better watch dog. The downside is they shed and drool like no dog you have ever seen. He also knows he’s big and thus tends to be very stubborn lol. He’s definitely not a dog for a first time dog owner as he would end up training you.

Love Boxers....easy to train, very obedient, great with kids, goofy personality, great with other dogs. good size dog...about 80lbs of solid muscle. Down side for some people - they are athletes so high energy and need toooooons of exercise (not an issue for my family) and they don't do well if left alone (my wife works from home so no issues).

Don't get a temperamental or strong willed breed unless you are experienced handler. not fair to you or the dog.
Love boxers also !!! Have a 7 year old one and he lives kids !!! My breed for life !

To add to my last post. If someone is not willing to shell out money for sometimes very expensive vet bills then they should not get a dog. These guys can cost you a fortune
I put 5000$ on a knee for my boxer when he was 1 , will put 2000$ in a week for hyperplasia gengivitis(teeth) he is now 7 and will try to give him the best and the most out of life no matter the cost!!! 32BCA19F-38F2-477C-B813-46668358F0FB.jpeg

Typically Poms are little assholes just to add onto the Husky part.

i want another german shep, this time a girl when i am ready. very loyal and smart.
my old dog knew to close the foyer door when he went outside to pee or he wasn't getting allowed back in lol