Creatinine - Urine vs Serum

BanditNOLIMIT

Trusted Member
This might be a long shot but hopefully someone can help me understand these results better.

I took a blood and urine sample yesterday, both tested for creatinine.
Serum creatinine came back in range @ 93 umol/L (ref range 67-117)
Urine creatinine came back LOW @ 1.9 mmol/L (ref range 3.5-24.5)

I know elevated creatinine typically suggests poor kidney function, but i never hear much about low levels. A brief Google search leads me to 2 possible conclusions -
1. Over hydration - blood test was taken about 2-3 hours after waking, I had drank roughly 2.5L of water before the test.
2. Liver stress/damage - creatinine is produced in the liver. Admittedly, my liver enzymes have been elevated perpetually. They don't surpass triple digits, but typically sit at 60-90 when I draw bloods. On the other hand, if it was a lack of liver function, wouldn't this most likely impact my serum creatinine levels as well

Any thoughts?

Mines always elevated. Do a sistatin c and egfr test If your worried about your kidney function.
I'm not worried about my kidney function, considering it's Low and not High. I'm just trying to distinguish why there's such a discrepancy between the urine and blood sample

This might be a long shot but hopefully someone can help me understand these results better.

I took a blood and urine sample yesterday, both tested for creatinine.
Serum creatinine came back in range @ 93 umol/L (ref range 67-117)
Urine creatinine came back LOW @ 1.9 mmol/L (ref range 3.5-24.5)

I know elevated creatinine typically suggests poor kidney function, but i never hear much about low levels. A brief Google search leads me to 2 possible conclusions -
1. Over hydration - blood test was taken about 2-3 hours after waking, I had drank roughly 2.5L of water before the test.
2. Liver stress/damage - creatinine is produced in the liver. Admittedly, my liver enzymes have been elevated perpetually. They don't surpass triple digits, but typically sit at 60-90 when I draw bloods. On the other hand, if it was a lack of liver function, wouldn't this most likely impact my serum creatinine levels as well

Any thoughts?
Unfortunately my only thought is that this raises a damn good question. I've always been aware that blood and urine results are not comparable but never considered the why. Would be great if someone can explain here, I wish you luck. There are a few guys here who know a bunch about kidneys so may be able to help.

Off Topic - There is an interesting case that shines light on this involving Vitor Belfort's Test results in the UFC years back, some fans get all excited about some numbers that were published but they aren't comparing apples to apples. I'm not saying he wasn't abusing his therapeutic use exemption but the way it gets argued is off base, urine results offer no proof with regard to Test. No idea what the mixed message in creatinine means.

Unfortunately my only thought is that this raises a damn good question. I've always been aware that blood and urine results are not comparable but never considered the why. Would be great if someone can explain here, I wish you luck. There are a few guys here who know a bunch about kidneys so may be able to help.

Off Topic - There is an interesting case that shines light on this involving Vitor Belfort's Test results in the UFC years back, some fans get all excited about some numbers that were published but they aren't comparing apples to apples. I'm not saying he wasn't abusing his therapeutic use exemption but the way it gets argued is off base, urine results offer no proof with regard to Test. No idea what the mixed message in creatinine means.
I'll be linking up with a cardiologist in the coming weeks so I'm sure they will be able to give me some insight. I'll follow up!

So im almost certain the results are inaccurate. The rest of the urinalysis results came back with this. I guess next time i wont drink 2L of water before the test lol. This is my first time doing a urinalysis so i was clueless.
urinalysis.JPG