CBN

Bigwheel

Trusted Member
Anyone have any experience with CBN? Supposed to be good for sleep and pain but not much info out there as it hasn’t been studied like CBD.

Last edited:
I finally got around to using the CBN oil last night. I took it about 2 hours before bedtime and I was out like a light all night. The oil had 10mg THC and 30mg CBN / ml, I took half a ml. Great stuff

Yeah
I finally got around to using the CBN oil last night. I took it about 2 hours before bedtime and I was out like a light all night. The oil had 10mg THC and 30mg CBN / ml, I took half a ml. Great stuff

Yeah sounds like the oil ratio I have, will test it out this weekend good to here it worked for you.

Cannabinol, it's another cannabinoid.
It's primarily effects are it promotes the drowsiness and sleepyness and pain relief in weed. Doesn't get you high however.
However due to the extraction process I believe they have to include thc?

It differs from CBD in that those oils can have very small amounts of THC.

But this CBN / THC oil put me to sleep hard haha

However due to the extraction process I believe they have to include thc?

It differs from CBD in that those oils can have very small amounts of THC.

But this CBN / THC oil put me to sleep hard haha
This is true, for it to be full spectrum there needs to be ALL cannabinoids present before and after extracting. This is how the entourage effect takes place and they work in symbiosis.

A lot of people say entourage effect is bro science but down half gram of distillate one day and then a half gram of RSO the next day and let me know what space looks like. 🚀

In my experience within the industry - CBN is just THC that has been oxidized for the most part. You can see it present in trichromes as they age as well.

The trichrome stalks/heads usually start off clear (more sativa leaning effect) and start to get cloudy as the plant finishes up flowering. The perfect time to harvest is when the heads are cloudy. You can observe this with a jewelers loupe or a USB microcam. If you wait too long to harvest then the heads start to turn orange which is actually just THC converting or oxidizing into CBN which definitely leaves you with a more indica or in da couch feeling lol.

I used to distill THC for a little bit and have many years experience in the legal industry as well as black market. TBH most extracts come from moldy weed that is riddled with bugs and no bag appeal hence why they blast it and put it into sugary edibles. I would look into REM cycles and THC/CBN if you want to experiment, THC definitely makes you sleepy but is no good for your REM cycle compared to CBD.

Attachments

• unknown (1).jpg
    unknown (1).jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 4
In my experience within the industry - CBN is just THC that has been oxidized for the most part. You can see it present in trichromes as they age as well.

The trichrome stalks/heads usually start off clear (more sativa leaning effect) and start to get cloudy as the plant finishes up flowering. The perfect time to harvest is when the heads are cloudy. You can observe this with a jewelers loupe or a USB microcam. If you wait too long to harvest then the heads start to turn orange which is actually just THC converting or oxidizing into CBN which definitely leaves you with a more indica or in da couch feeling lol.

I used to distill THC for a little bit and have many years experience in the legal industry as well as black market. TBH most extracts come from moldy weed that is riddled with bugs and no bag appeal hence why they blast it and put it into sugary edibles. I would look into REM cycles and THC/CBN if you want to experiment, THC definitely makes you sleepy but is no good for your REM cycle compared to CBD.
Great post, when I used to grow I would let my trichomes go about 40% orange cause I like my weed to have a sedating effect didn’t realize that it was converting to CBN

This is great info dude, you clearly have another level of knowledge than most “homegrowers”. Huberman just did an excellent podcast on the effects of cannabis and Dr. Andrew Walker has spoken a lot on his podcasts about the effects of cannabis with REM sleep

This is great info dude, you clearly have another level of knowledge than most “homegrowers”. Huberman just did an excellent podcast on the effects of cannabis and Dr. Andrew Walker has spoken a lot on his podcasts about the effects of cannabis with REM sleep
Ive got to check this out thanks for sharing brother! Im still learning each and everyday, there are tons of growers out there who know waaaay more than me but you definitely learn more each crop you harvest and hopefully can dial it in on the next one.