Cannibas on test levels

rygran

Trusted Member
What’s going on friends. Been a while.

So I usually check bloods around this time of year to make sure I’ve bounced back to my usual lower ranged test levels. Typically I’m around the 11-12 range. Today I got my results back and it was 235 pmol/L. If I’m converting it right that’s right around 6.7 to compare to last year. Almost half. Other than some sort of recovery issue (250mg test/week for 20 weeks) from last summer I can only think of maybe legal weed being a cause. I don’t do a ton but I was into a habit of a smaller amount nightly for sleeping. Maybe 2mg either edibles or vaping.

Has anyone seen their levels dropping from this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d say it’s more likely it’s a recovery issue. I used to eat shitloads of edibles when I started grappling, and it had no effect on my levels, personally. That being said, that’s completely anecdotal. The articles I can find, bounce between testosterone levels being lower while using cannabis, to testosterone levels actually being higher. I don’t think it’s at a point where it’s been studied enough to give you a difinitive answer. My advice would be to cut out the devil’s lettuce for a few months, and test again.

I’d say it’s more likely it’s a recovery issue. I used to eat shitloads of edibles when I started grappling, and it had no effect on my levels, personally. That being said, that’s completely anecdotal. The articles I can find, bounce between testosterone levels being lower while using cannabis, to testosterone levels actually being higher. I don’t think it’s at a point where it’s been studied enough to give you a difinitive answer. My advice would be to cut out the devil’s lettuce for a few months, and test again.

I noticed the same thing with the articles. I’ve always bounced back to the same or just slightly lower levels so I agree, the best option is probably retest after no edibles for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk