Body Builder’s Nightmare: Black Market Steroid Injection Gone Wrong: a Case Report

entropy

Trusted Member
Came across this and I thought I’d share it. It was due to staph A. His source probably did not use a .22 micron filter. I don’t know if BA would kill all pathogens. Even for filtering there seems to be some papers now showing not every pathogen gets filtered. Or maybe they didn’t sterilize their vials properly or their vials got contaminated during the transferring. Could be a combination of contaminated raws and bad lab practices. I think I will further sterilize my vials in the oven after reading this. But if garbage butyl rubber stoppers were used, there’s a possibility of ruining everything under 121 degrees celsius.

Am I being too paranoid? I do have paranoia normally. And no… I don’t suffer from it. Real victims suffer, not people dealing with little things. I just hate it when people cry victim and say they suffer from this or that. It seems like being a victim is the new fad. Going off on a tangent here. Sorry.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5055016/

There several precautions that you should always take but this case is rare. As soon as you have a feeling of a potential infection don’t hesitate to treat it or go to the ER. The secret here is to stop the infection as soon as possible.

We don’t know more about the individual but a lot of factor a priori can influence the outcome. Health factors, environmental factors or simply the lab.

I have heard and seen people treating their vials as if they were tools in their toolbox, full of dirt and you name it.

A simple ziplock bag, a very isolated dark place, some alcohol swabs here and there and spotless hygiene will decrease the probability of these events substantially.

Came across this and I thought I’d share it. It was due to staph A. His source probably did not use a .22 micron filter. I don’t know if BA would kill all pathogens. Even for filtering there seems to be some papers now showing not every pathogen gets filtered. Or maybe they didn’t sterilize their vials properly or their vials got contaminated during the transferring. Could be a combination of contaminated raws and bad lab practices.

Staph are way too big not to get filtered by a .22.

Also, fun fact I learned in a 3rd year Lab Biology course I took at university, is that technically you don't have to get every single solitary microbe to render a substance completely safe.

Nobody gets a disease from a single bacteria. There needs to be a minimum colony size. As a general rule when growing bacteria you need a colony of at least a thousand bacterium for a viable culture, and that's on a nutrient agar in warm moist incubator conditions, not in a hostile environment with immune cells attacking the shit out of you and all your microbe buddies.

A colony of a thousand healthy individuals is still a small speck, but when you're using filters/heat/light/chemcal or whatever kind of sterilization you choose, on a practical note, it is enough to get almost all of them.

Even with ubelievabley scary shit like HIV the new treatments are getting the viral load of the infected persons bodily fluids so low that they functionally not able to transmit enough viral particles to infect anyone. I wouldn't sleep with them, because "ICK!" but it is medically safe because you can't get an infection going with less than a few hundred copies of the virus per ml of fluids.

Also every time your toddler stuffs dirt in his mouth, he's getting at least a few dozen anthrax spores in there, anthrax covers the planet completely, but you need like ten thousand healthy specimens of the spores or more minimum to have any chance of getting an infection going.

So........ Back to the guy with the ass wounds, For him to get a staph infection like that shown in the pictures he inoculated his cheeks with a fuck-load of staph bacteria. That gear he used must have been massively contaminated.

So I have a pretty strong suspicion that zero sterilization was used in the gear that guy got.

Last edited:
A couple things, first the paper is from 2016 which is 8 years ago, so supplies aren't the same ones as then and many of the ugls are not the same also. While this still potentially could occur, it's apparently very rare. As said above, a proper hygiene regime by the end user eliminates most variables there and coupled with reputable sources gives this sort of issue a very low likelihood of ever occurring.

I'd say don't worry man

A couple things, first the paper is from 2016 which is 8 years ago, so supplies aren't the same ones as then and many of the ugls are not the same also. While this still potentially could occur, it's apparently very rare. As said above, a proper hygiene regime by the end user eliminates most variables there and coupled with reputable sources gives this sort of issue a very low likelihood of ever occurring.

I'd say don't worry man
But in figure 1 it was really bad already. Was that the time he presented? If so then the bacteria could have entered the wound after injection before he got help.

But then if it was an unnecessary ingredient in the tren preparation then everyone else using that batch would've had wounds.

"He recalled feeling pain upon injection, which led to him injecting more slowly and in an alternating pattern to both gluteus maximus muscles."

I don't have much experience - does bacteria cause immediate pain or does it take hours to start feeling pain? Whereas an irritant, some potent solvent would definitely cause immediate pain?

Staph are way too big not to get filtered by a .22.

Also, fun fact I learned in a 3rd year Lab Biology course I took at university, is that technically you don't have to get every single solitary microbe to render a substance completely safe.

Nobody gets a disease from a single bacteria. There needs to be a minimum colony size. As a general rule when growing bacteria you need a colony of at least a thousand bacterium for a viable culture, and that's on a nutrient agar in warm moist incubator conditions, not in a hostile environment with immune cells attacking the shit out of you and all your microbe buddies.

A colony of a thousand healthy individuals is still a small speck, but when you're using filters/heat/light/chemcal or whatever kind of sterilization you choose, on a practical note, it is enough to get almost all of them.

Even with ubelievabley scary shit like HIV the new treatments are getting the viral load of the infected persons bodily fluids so low that they functionally not able to transmit enough viral particles to infect anyone. I wouldn't sleep with them, because "ICK!" but it is medically safe because you can't get an infection going with less than a few hundred copies of the virus per ml of fluids.

Also every time your toddler stuffs dirt in his mouth, he's getting at least a few dozen anthrax spores in there, anthrax covers the planet completely, but you need like ten thousand healthy specimens of the spores or more minimum to have any chance of getting an infection going.

So........ Back to the guy with the ass wounds, For him to get a staph infection like that shown in the pictures he inoculated his cheeks with a fuck-load of staph bacteria. That gear he used must have been massively contaminated.

So I have a pretty strong suspicion that zero sterilization was used in the gear that guy got.
Injecting after taking a shit and didn’t wash his hands, lol.

But in figure 1 it was really bad already. Was that the time he presented? If so then the bacteria could have entered the wound after injection before he got help.

But then if it was an unnecessary ingredient in the tren preparation then everyone else using that batch would've had wounds.

"He recalled feeling pain upon injection, which led to him injecting more slowly and in an alternating pattern to both gluteus maximus muscles."

I don't have much experience - does bacteria cause immediate pain or does it take hours to start feeling pain? Whereas an irritant, some potent solvent would definitely cause immediate pain?
The one infection in my thigh, after I injected felt like something wasn’t right. It got progressively sorer thru out the day.
That was my very first injection. I know I fucked up while injecting and am pretty sure I touched the needle to something I shouldn’t have. I was shaking so bad, kinda freaked out, so my memory of the event is not overly clear.

Next infection in my tri was my fault also. I was a dumb ass and pressed on the spot I was injecting with my finger, just before I injected because I was determining where I was going to pin. Right after I injected I knew I fucked up. Went to the er the next day when I couldn’t bend my arm without extreme pain.

Now inject right out of the shower when I’m totally clean, never had an issue since.

I’m thinking he wasn’t being overly cautious.

Nice tits!

*puts glasses on*

Ewww, gross!

Pretty sketchy/risky pinning location if that's where he stuck the pin in, easily could have nailed a lot of nerves. On top of that I'd add that though you may consider it just safe enough if you look at a typical anatomy diagram keep in mind our individual differences. Give it some more room, higher and to the outside, your nerves could be easily off of the diagrams by an inch or more. For example some people even have their heart on the right side rather than the left. I'm aware that's a very different condition and very rare but...

EDIT: I deleted a line by accident - can you imagine the possible out comes if that infection was "attacking" the nerves or even the surrounding area?

I have a reaosnably long story of my own experience where I ended up in the ER with 2 infected trcieps from really shitty homemade gear.. I beleive I typed it up on CB before??

Either way, it truly was awfull.. flu symptoms, very tired.. couldn't bend one of my arms if my life depended on it.. it was from tren.. I was alternating tricep injections, so the arm I could move was about 2-3 days behind infection time line than my really bad tricep..

was just miserable as I recall. I remember the pain when I bent my arms was pretty intense lol..

I think back then I had around 20 inch arms cold.. I probably put 4 inches on them in swelling, no word of live.. The day after I got meds (anti biotics and allergy meds) I went to work at the bar.. We had to wear t-shirts at the time and man I remember I had so many compliments on my arms lol... I know a couple random girls came up to me and grabbed my arms to squeeze them lol... I hurt like a sonofabitch..

When I went to ER, they wanted to keep me there for a couple days on IV antibiotics.. I refused and argued... They finally agreed to give me anti biotic pills with allergy meds on the condition that if my symptoms didnt get MUCH better within a couple days, I would come back for the IV.

It was about a week recovery, but nothing like the guy in that study.. thank god.

I thought they were boobs at first as well hahahaha

Then I also thought, if this guy said he’s been using AAS for 4 years for recreational bodybuilding, shouldn’t he be in better shape? (I’m assuming 4 years on serious lifting with gear) (probably bad assumption as I’ve fallen off the wagon in 4 months and got really fat but I’m not using gear so there’s my excuse 🤦🏻‍♂️)

Then I thought, if they questioned him about his source, did he snitch?

Also, if he was listening to body and looking at his butt, he probably wouldn’t have exacerbated the infection and gone to the hospital like how you guys did with your cases.

Now that I think of it, I had crippling pain and redness from test p long ago made by eclipse. I told the rep I’d send the vials that I didn’t touch so he can check them and the response I got was “you could have switched them and the owner said he tried the same batch and there was nothing felt on his end”. Then I bought some boss test p (the big jugs) and it was great. Other labs also gave me no pain like that where I couldn’t even walk the next day. Had AA and trans and guardian, they were all smooth. I didn’t inject it more than 4-5 times times I believe and switched immediately. I wonder if I came close to an infection. But if I did get an infection, I think injecting that many times would’ve given me flu like symptoms like it did to you guys. It probably was nothing. Still curious to this day about what could have caused it.

I have a reaosnably long story of my own experience where I ended up in the ER with 2 infected trcieps from really shitty homemade gear.. I beleive I typed it up on CB before??

Either way, it truly was awfull.. flu symptoms, very tired.. couldn't bend one of my arms if my life depended on it.. it was from tren.. I was alternating tricep injections, so the arm I could move was about 2-3 days behind infection time line than my really bad tricep..

was just miserable as I recall. I remember the pain when I bent my arms was pretty intense lol..

I think back then I had around 20 inch arms cold.. I probably put 4 inches on them in swelling, no word of live.. The day after I got meds (anti biotics and allergy meds) I went to work at the bar.. We had to wear t-shirts at the time and man I remember I had so many compliments on my arms lol... I know a couple random girls came up to me and grabbed my arms to squeeze them lol... I hurt like a sonofabitch..

When I went to ER, they wanted to keep me there for a couple days on IV antibiotics.. I refused and argued... They finally agreed to give me anti biotic pills with allergy meds on the condition that if my symptoms didnt get MUCH better within a couple days, I would come back for the IV.

It was about a week recovery, but nothing like the guy in that study.. thank god.
Just FYI (and there may be more) Levaquin(ketorolac) is the only antibiotic that is as good or almost as good taken oral vs IV that I know of. If I had to ask for an antibiotic and did not want to stay at the ER, this would be my choice but I am not a doctor and it would depend on the type of infection. When I had a bad infection from a scope with equipment that was not sterilized properly - the doctors put me on IV levaquin for 1 day and they released me with oral levaquin as both the doctor and nurse said it was as good either way. I believe it has approximately 99% oral bio availability.
I also had such a bad infection in my hand that is was turning green (doc said I was on my way to gangrene) and they insisted I take IV antibiotics for 4 days before releasing me with a bottle of antibiotics for another two weeks.
They also wanted to give me a bottle of Ketoralac (toradol) which is a very strong NSAID and compared to opioid medications. When I asked if it was safe as you are not supposed to use it unless you have it by IV first then oral, the nurse said she would ask the doctor and they never came back. My doctor also prescribed this and I researched the medication and didn't take any, I just used IBUprofen which I prefer as my pain reliever of choice. I guess a non opioid medication is safer from a withdrawal standpoint but it is not safer from a health standpoint (referring to toradol only).
Just info for the members - research what you are prescribed as doctors make mistakes and pharmacists have no idea if you had IV first. Most people don't read the insert that comes with the medication and just follow doctor's instructions.
This is not medical advice - just personal experience and my own reading. Remember doctors are human and make errors and often have reps come in tell them about the meds and they prescribe based on the data the rep gives them.