Best make your own protein blend site

Heli

Tried true nutrition but order got lost and with shipping from the states it was kinda pricey. I seem too remember a Canadian site. Anyone know or have a suggestion?

I second @Twoskinny on this one.
Canadian protein are real good, no blood sugar spike create by hidden product in their isolat and whey premium.
The wife and i are only using them now. Good flavor and mix well

True protein allows you to control the types and percentages of whey and other additives. I don’t think in Canada anyone has that option.

@Heli
I also have never heard of anyone in Canada doing it but if your formula is not too complicated you could buy from CP and mix your own up, it's pretty easy, dump a bunch into a clean 5 gall bucket or other appropriate vessel with a lid and lay it on it's side. put it in front of the couch and roll it back and forth with your feet while you watch a movie and have the wife feed you grapes. Or make the kids do it.

@Heli
I also have never heard of anyone in Canada doing it but if your formula is not too complicated you could buy from CP and mix your own up, it's pretty easy, dump a bunch into a clean 5 gall bucket or other appropriate vessel with a lid and lay it on it's side. put it in front of the couch and roll it back and forth with your feet while you watch a movie and have the wife feed you grapes. Or make the kids do it.

Daily reality check. Kids do nothing but drain your wallet. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

@Heli
My problem actually is I’m doing this for my special needs stepson. He is on tube feeds and has intolerance to a lot of things. We came up with three options with true nutrition, but UPS won’t drop off at my condo because we have a buzzer code😔

Did you contact UPS to have them drop it off at a UPS store if there is one around you? Have you talked with a nutritionist or the pediatrician?
https://www.nestlehealthscience.ca/en/mytubefeedingadult/feeding-intolerance-and-problem-solving
https://www.feedingtubeawareness.org/feed-intolerance/
https://www.feedingtubeawareness.org/feed-intolerance/
Answer is yes yes and yes. UPS was overloaded in TO, they don’t expect it to let up till after Christmas. True nutrition will not ship it out again, they say they won’t cover it if UPS won’t go to the door. We got the actual UPS notice after it was shipped back!

As for pediatrician I can talk in private with you Bags, incredibly complex. We have spent 4 out of the last 6 months at Sick Kids hospital.

Answer is yes yes and yes. UPS was overloaded in TO, they don’t expect it to let up till after Christmas. True nutrition will not ship it out again, they say they won’t cover it if UPS won’t go to the door. We got the actual UPS notice after it was shipped back!

As for pediatrician I can talk in private with you Bags, incredibly complex. We have spent 4 out of the last 6 months at Sick Kids hospital.

I'm trying to line up an expert for you. Give me some time.

I honestly doubt any of these special blends do anything different in the long run. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I buy Weider or Scitec Vegan Protein (online).

I am shocked to see someone form a board by WEIDER! I used to love scitec waaaay back in 1998ish. So do these two companies have something that just agrees with your stomach? I think of weider, I think of walmart or jugs I see at the pharmacy and always wondered "who buys this?"

What are you talking about? You mix your own blend, so what doesn't work?

Just saying there is no magic to them, hence, waste of time. Sorry, just my opinion. When I read people saying "this one is better, has 25% of such and such 45% of this one...." I find it kinda well, amusing.

I am shocked to see someone form a board by WEIDER! I used to love scitec waaaay back in 1998ish. So do these two companies have something that just agrees with your stomach? I think of weider, I think of walmart or jugs I see at the pharmacy and always wondered "who buys this?"
I have no issue with any of them (and I have a sensitive stomach). Both Scitec and Weider make good shakes. I add fresh ginger and turmeric to them for the antioxidants properties.

what's the big difference between whey protein isolate and NEW ZEALAND GRASS FED protein isolate?

does one give less bloat? is the taste different, even though they both are listed as vanilla? new zealand seems to cost a slight bit more...why?

what's the big difference between whey protein isolate and NEW ZEALAND GRASS FED protein isolate?

does one give less bloat? is the taste different, even though they both are listed as vanilla? new zealand seems to cost a slight bit more...why?

I don't know about the differences in bloat and taste etc but I think the jist of it is supposed to be that they are a healthier breed of cows that are free roaming as opposed to penned up, grass fed as opposed to gmo/unnaturally processed feed and no antibiotics etc (organic?). Just overall healthier, I don't remember the nutritional profile being significantly different.

It’s just another hype job feeding on people’s beliefs that if it comes from across a body of ocean it just has to be superior to anything produced locally.

Every super food, drink, berry or whatever that will do amazing things has never come from this continent.

I’ll bet you dollars to cents that New Zelanders turn their noses down at their New Zeland protein and fall all over themselves buying Alberta triple grade A beef protein.