Be very careful when mixing supplements.

ironwill

Trusted Member
Trusted Member

We all know one item on its own may have benefits, we can mix a couple things together to enhance the effects, like adding grapefruit juice to some oral medications and oral gear. We know one chemical on its own may be rather inert, like baking soda. Now adding something can cause an extreme and potentially violent, or extreme reaction, like adding in an acid to BS.
Simple analogy but you get what i mean.

Ibuprofen is a dangerous drug on its own and not respected enough IMHO, ginko biloba which some of us use mixe with Ibuprofen can cause issues, many supplements mixed together cause issues.
Lord knows i have been lightheaded, low on sugar, fely nausea many a taime as i was experimenting with different combos.
See article above, crazy stuff. Be careful!!

I started taking Telmisartan after running daily Aspirin for quite a while. Found out not long ago that it's advised to not take daily Aspirin while on Telmisartan, can't remember exactly why but I think it had something to do with a large reduction in the effectiveness of Telmi. Dropped the Aspirin lol.

We all know one item on its own may have benefits, we can mix a couple things together to enhance the effects, like adding grapefruit juice to some oral medications and oral gear. We know one chemical on its own may be rather inert, like baking soda. Now adding something can cause an extreme and potentially violent, or extreme reaction, like adding in an acid to BS.
Simple analogy but you get what i mean.

Ibuprofen is a dangerous drug on its own and not respected enough IMHO, ginko biloba which some of us use mixe with Ibuprofen can cause issues, many supplements mixed together cause issues.
Lord knows i have been lightheaded, low on sugar, fely nausea many a taime as i was experimenting with different combos.
See article above, crazy stuff. Be careful!!
Oh man, thats wild. Thank you for the heads up.

Thanks for sharing this article @ironwill - good warning as people should research herbs / just like drugs for contradictions.
Quick question - you mentioned some high level coaches you worked with (hopefully I'm not getting you confused with someone else).

When they helped set out a plan for your goals or get ready for a competition, did they include supplements as part of it? I'm not asking for copies as you paid for that information - just curious. I'm asking because I have been lucky enough to know a few coaches who get people ready for competition and they will share what they took when they competed and the info they provide to their clients (without names or any personal information) and they always included a detailed list of supplements to take.
The few I know well, cover off medications as well because of the exact reason you bring up - contradictions or potential issues mixing.

If my brain cells are wrong and it wasn't you who listed some of the coaches that you worked with - apologies but for some reason I think it was.
Regardless, agree - many supplements have potential side effects and contradict with other supplements and meds.

Thanks for sharing this article @ironwill - good warning as people should research herbs / just like drugs for contradictions.
Quick question - you mentioned some high level coaches you worked with (hopefully I'm not getting you confused with someone else).

When they helped set out a plan for your goals or get ready for a competition, did they include supplements as part of it? I'm not asking for copies as you paid for that information - just curious. I'm asking because I have been lucky enough to know a few coaches who get people ready for competition and they will share what they took when they competed and the info they provide to their clients (without names or any personal information) and they always included a detailed list of supplements to take.
The few I know well, cover off medications as well because of the exact reason you bring up - contradictions or potential issues mixing.

If my brain cells are wrong and it wasn't you who listed some of the coaches that you worked with - apologies but for some reason I think it was.
Regardless, agree - many supplements have potential side effects and contradict with other supplements and meds.
Yes two of my coaches were adamant on certain supps and always mentioned what to and to not mix with etc.
I think that any coach that does recommend supps and vitamins etc needs to undies the complications of mixing with potential issues and sometimes dangerous outcomes.