Back on TRT

saucejocky

First post here so thanks for having me.

A little back story.
I started trt at 26 years old back in 2018 and was on for 4 years (Ended Jan.1 2023). I decided to come off for fertility reasons and with hopes of recovering my natty test but unfortunately I had no luck. Ended up with t levels of 340ng/dl and just felt awful but on the bright side had 60 million healthy sperm last month. Just started trt again last week with 100mg test enanthate per week, 250iu hcg 2x per week and clomid 12.5mg 2x per week for fertility purposes. I also had some androgel kicking around so I'll be using that for the first 2 weeks as well. If anyone has any personal experience with staying fertile on trt and has some tips please let me know!

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks buddy. I was riding the fence between 250iu and 500iu but ill take that advice on the 500.
If it were me I would ride out the 250iu for a while. If you respond well more is not better. I know a couple guys who blast multiple compounds and only ever use 250iu e3.5d and everything is at it should be when they come off.

There is no such thing as 'should be' when it comes to one's response to exogenous substances, particularly hormonal. If you have a health sperm count you may have no issue maintaining fertility on 250iu. To each their own, but I'd always start lower and then adjust if needed. Plus, you're also taking clomid, which is going to provide additional support. On top of all that you are on a very low dose of test.

That makes me wonder.. Im rx 500iu x 2 a week.. started only a week ago so dont feel much but higher libido.. started test cyp also rx at 90mg/a week. I was wondering of 250iu x 2 would be enough.

First post here so thanks for having me.

A little back story.
I started trt at 26 years old back in 2018 and was on for 4 years (Ended Jan.1 2023). I decided to come off for fertility reasons and with hopes of recovering my natty test but unfortunately I had no luck. Ended up with t levels of 340ng/dl and just felt awful but on the bright side had 60 million healthy sperm last month. Just started trt again last week with 100mg test enanthate per week, 250iu hcg 2x per week and clomid 12.5mg 2x per week for fertility purposes. I also had some androgel kicking around so I'll be using that for the first 2 weeks as well. If anyone has any personal experience with staying fertile on trt and has some tips please let me know!

Thanks
Hi,
You have a healthy sperm count and I assume normal morphology being off but your test is low. When my test was low I used ED meds.

Many here and at other forums have had luck on full cycles, off everything, or on TRT but I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if a child was my priority, I wouldn't go on anything until your significant other was pregnant. You can play around with TRT, clomid and HCG and keep checking your sperm count and morphology but if you don't, you may find you are taking what you are told to take and having lots of fun trying to get pregnant but nothing occurs.
The best way to get a woman pregnant is to be off testosterone completely pending your sperm is healthy. HMG is renown to the best if you can get it. No one is the same. From personal experience I had to come off TRT completely as I had azoospermia from 100 mg a week. Was told I would never have sperm again so I stopped TRT and asked for another test. I had good numbers but my morphology wasn't great. It got better the longer I stayed off.
I was not on clomid or HCG though. I am being ambiguous for a reason because no one can give a guarantee unless you take what the doctors give you and they continue to test you. If they do, you will know for sure.
Depends on your priorities and when you say you feel/felt awful, in what way? No sex drive, depression, etc.?

Wish you the best luck and take everything I wrote as opinion - I am not a doc but had experience with the fun of trying to get someone pregnant.

Was it self perscribed trt? My doc told me to just stay on and try. If nothing happens then try hcg but he didn't advise coming off at all. Weird how differing all the expert opinions are

Was it self perscribed trt? My doc told me to just stay on and try. If nothing happens then try hcg but he didn't advise coming off at all. Weird how differing all the expert opinions are
Your doctor did not ask you to provide a sperm sample to the lab? Anyone who talks to a doctor about fertility and is on testosterone and doesn't get a baseline is either lazy or doesn't care about your health.
If I could break a few docs thumbs and not go to jail I would do it. Male fertility is not well looked after unless you are lucky and find someone who took an interest in fertility and will work with you.
Albeit it was fun trying, I wasted some of the best years of my life trying to get my girl, at the time, pregnant with zero sperm from 100 mg a week. 8 years of fucking medical training, 20 years of experience and the most educated didn't know (nor did I at the time) that exogenous test could mess up my fertility and told me I would never have sperm. I still get angry when I think about it.
Any doctor who knows anything about male fertility will help you get off completely and give you medication to increase your chances. In other words, they will work with you. I hear this over and over again by guys whose doctors didn't tell them the TRT could impact their ability to have a family - they went online and started reading and ended up having to buy UGL medication to help because the doctors thought those meds were just used for female fertility (which many are as well).
Anyway - I will shut up now.