Artichoke - a good addition to your diet for health and taste

Goldenrod

Staff member
When I was diagnosed with mild fatty liver from Mono, I looked into foods to heal and this is one of the many that came up. This is a link that may list some benefits you can get from the food:
There are also some small studies you can easily find on NAFLD and how artichoke helped. Did it help? I don't know but we changed my diet a bit and as I think about it, it has been years since I made it so it is probably time to add it in again a few times a week.

One of my favourite recipes is a bean salad. I would have to get out my recipe but essentially, it is beans, artichoke, red pepper, some feta, olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.

Beans are great for you too so the fact I eat them together is a nice bonus. You can look up lots of recipes but if your not an onion fan, then use a little onion powder. That is the only ingredient I went light on. If I can wake up and find my recipe I will post it. It is not a meal by itself. We have a full table and there is steak/chicken, garden salad, and a bean salad. The bean salad provides some carbs instead of rice/potatoes.

I like the taste of artichoke which is obviously a bonus.