anyone else notice prices have sky rocketed?

Have you looked at renting some kind of top quality fresh air delivery system?As in an enclosed breather that has positive air pressure?Really not worth breathing that stuff.

I agree.

However he would probably be ok with s negative pressure half face respirator equipped with organic vapour cartridges. To be sure I’d have to see the SDS and better understand how it’s being applied. Roll on... half face would do... spraying? I would agree with air supplied positive pressure. Scba probably not needed.

What may be more concerning, even more than respiratory exposure to the vapours is if this material is flammable. And how flammable it might be. Especially if it’s sprayed. Removing any opportunity of anything to spark or flash would be imperative.

Explosions are funny... funny odd, not funny hilarious. You can do something hundreds if not thousands of times and nothing happens... but then one time the mix of vapour and air is just right... in that small range between the UEL and LEL with the humidity just right too... introduce a small spark... even static... and boom! No more anything.

Sorbate.... be very wary of this.

5 bucks for a celery bunch the other day.

Same here too. Kid loves it too. But sorry... not at that price. I’ve seen even iceberg lettuce that price, romaine too, asparagus is usually that per pound except for a short window in May/June. And fucking forget cauliflower it’s been as high as 7-8 bucks for a head. Even now sitting at 5 bucks.

It’s bullshit.... because if you ask the producers.... it’s not them that are getting more money. A small increase occurs but then all the others involved in the process of bringing things to market add their increases too and prices raise at an unfathomable rate!

Price discrepancies are crazy too. I can find say lettuce at loblaws and it’s 4.99/head. Go to food basics and it’s 2.49/head. Now the grocers with tell you it’s a lesser grade produce at food basics as they are a discount store and supply a lesser grade of product to the consumer. While I can agree that used to be the case.... I honestly see very little difference anymore between the two.

I think companies believe the public is stupid. And maybe we are. I know that when this carbon tax came in we were told to get ready that prices were going to raise 5cents/L. And there may be some other cost increases as summer gas costs more to make than winter gas ( which sounds like bullshit to me btw, I feel like we got told the opposite at the beginning of the winter). Anyways gas has risen here by at least 15 or more cents/L over the past two weeks. Yet crude prices are still around 70 dollars per barrel. Yes the fuckers are cutting production in hopes to drive up prices.... but the gas in the pumps wasn’t made with the future predicted oils prices! What in the entire fuck?!

I need to stay out of this thread.... it will make me go even more crazy than I already am!

Same here too. Kid loves it too. But sorry... not at that price. I’ve seen even iceberg lettuce that price, romaine too, asparagus is usually that per pound except for a short window in May/June. And fucking forget cauliflower it’s been as high as 7-8 bucks for a head. Even now sitting at 5 bucks.

It’s bullshit.... because if you ask the producers.... it’s not them that are getting more money. A small increase occurs but then all the others involved in the process of bringing things to market add their increases too and prices raise at an unfathomable rate!

Price discrepancies are crazy too. I can find say lettuce at loblaws and it’s 4.99/head. Go to food basics and it’s 2.49/head. Now the grocers with tell you it’s a lesser grade produce at food basics as they are a discount store and supply a lesser grade of product to the consumer. While I can agree that used to be the case.... I honestly see very little difference anymore between the two.

I think companies believe the public is stupid. And maybe we are. I know that when this carbon tax came in we were told to get ready that prices were going to raise 5cents/L. And there may be some other cost increases as summer gas costs more to make than winter gas ( which sounds like bullshit to me btw, I feel like we got told the opposite at the beginning of the winter). Anyways gas has risen here by at least 15 or more cents/L over the past two weeks. Yet crude prices are still around 70 dollars per barrel. Yes the fuckers are cutting production in hopes to drive up prices.... but the gas in the pumps wasn’t made with the future predicted oils prices! What in the entire fuck?!

I need to stay out of this thread.... it will make me go even more crazy than I already am!

I think we all know that it's really the corporate higher ups that take 98% of the profits when goods are sold. It's not really the middle man in most cases.

Think iphones... those fucking things do NOT cost 200$ to make, yet they are being sold for 700-1000$

Have you looked at renting some kind of top quality fresh air delivery system?As in an enclosed breather that has positive air pressure?Really not worth breathing that stuff.
The list that comes with the epoxy, everything is rated low on inhalation exposure.
I do have a really good chemical filtering mask I wear when I do this shit. It has the special cartridges on it to aborb or block the chemicals.
I believe that short term only maybe a few time exposure would not pose any long term health risks. Its the guys that work with it every day that would have bigger issues.
Thanks for the concern though. I know some of this stuff can be nasty.

@Sorbate
My wife had the CRA call her 3 times a day everyday last year trying to send someone over to go over her books and snoop through her business. This was not an audit, they wanted her to do it voluntarily “to help her”. What kind of an idiot is going to let someone snoop your business voluntarily? Probably not someone that is going to be smart enough to have a business that will survive lol.

I am betting they hired a bunch of people at 70k a year a piece to call and get ignored by small businesses all day lol
Yeah the inspector asked me if I wanted to volunateer to have bacterial swabs done all over in my shop to check for listera and ecoil and such. I was like no fucking way until it in the regulations. Like hell I'm opening up that can of worms.

The list that comes with the epoxy, everything is rated low on inhalation exposure.
I do have a really good chemical filtering mask I wear when I do this shit. It has the special cartridges on it to aborb or block the chemicals.
I believe that short term only maybe a few time exposure would not pose any long term health risks. Its the guys that work with it every day that would have bigger issues.
Glad to hear you have a good mark.Friend of mine worked at a fairly large concrete outfit,couple of guys there did just coatings.
Their nickname was the Deadheads.

It depends. Exposure can be problematic both short or long term. Depends on what it is, depends on how much exposure.

Low VOC only means low volatile organic compound. Usually they substitute with other things that can be equally as hazardous.

The mask has to be of good fit and you need to be clean shaven for it to seal. Positive and negative pressure checks can somewhat verify this. Your cartridges have to be properly selected and if they are they have to be new or have been stored in a sealed container to prevent them from being exposed to organics in the air. They are made from activated charcoal and will react with whatever is present. If you can smell or taste (again not best test but best in the circumstances) the cartridges are done. If they’ve been left out at all don’t use them. Get new cartridges.

And be sure the stuff isn’t flammable. If it is roll it, don’t spray it and be sure the working area is ridiculously well ventilated but not with sparking equipment.

Reactions: Cog
Ugghh I gotta catch up on this thread.

I bought some produce and my yogurt and canned tomatoes for sauce. 60 bucks. If you saw what I got, it was hardly anything. Time to start planting seeds. Fuck this shit

I bought some produce and my yogurt and canned tomatoes for sauce. 60 bucks. If you saw what I got, it was hardly anything. Time to start planting seeds. Fuck this shit

Every time I get home from grocery shopping I think I must have left a bag or two in car based on what I put away vs. What I paid.

There’s an app my wife got me to put on my phone called flipp. It’s pretty nice. You can compare all major markets in your area for cost. You can also type in specific items to see where has it the cheapest.

It can save a bunch of money.

Every time I get home from grocery shopping I think I must have left a bag or two in car based on what I put away vs. What I paid.

There’s an app my wife got me to put on my phone called flipp. It’s pretty nice. You can compare all major markets in your area for cost. You can also type in specific items to see where has it the cheapest.

It can save a bunch of money.
Flipp is a great app. I’ve been using it for a while. I’m What my wife calls.... frugal? No cheap bastard lol. Feeding a family of 6 never gets cheaper. This year the gardens have gone in and veggies and some fruits will be grown in the back yard. Making my grandmother teach my wife canning. Great way to save money.

I hunt a lot to supplement meat costs. Just have to be careful not to go over board with equipment/travel etc and you come out on top.

I used to raise chickens and that helped a lot with the food bill. And I had egg layers. Again, that was helpful.

One of the things I hate most is gardening lol.. unless its the Apocalypse, you won't see me planting a vegtable garden.

We have a really good apple tree, saskatoon bushes, raspberry bushes etc.. They produce a ton. You could eat 2lbs of apples a day for about a month and there woudl be apples rotting on the ground. The downside is, they only produce for about a month. We freeze a lot of berries...

I noticed this the moment I reentered canada. Its outrageous! I dont know how I am still here.

I could feed 2 bodybuilders + child on less then 200/wk back in the states. Here. I'm spending that roughly every 1.5 wks on myself and son. And, i do my hardest to buy the cheapest.

Gas.. like wow.
Rent. What in the actual fukk!?
Even phone Bills are stupid. I refuse to pay 100 a month. I'll deal with my shitty 1g of data a month.
I can go on but, I wont.

Canadian dollar is worthless. A beaver pelt probably has more value then the dollar. Fauck!
Canada is a Fuckin joke , Why did u come back ? it's going to shit so fast its fucked not just the Politicians but the people have gone full fuckin Goof mode , I work doing alot of industrial commercial and residential Carpentry and there use to be a code where if you get caught doing something you shouldn't be doing or yer caught working unsafe you take your shit that you got in and carry on , well now people are ratting each other out left and right for things so stupid even having a smoke , people are even ratting people out for conversations they are not even involved in , so they are eves dropping and when I was a kidd if you did stuff like that it was very common that you got your fuckin nosey ass checked and at the very least a broken nose , lots of people running around with big mouths here in Canada that would not have said boo 20 years ago , I love what my Country use to be and Fuckin hate with all of my Being what it has become , it is a festering blue waffle cess pool of Karen's Liberals and Fuck goofs that cater to weakness its like everyone just excepted how fucked shit is and no one really gives a flying fuck that we are all taking it straight up the hoop there is zero fuckin unity zero loyalty and to top it off 3 million dollars only gets u 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom shit holes , Fuck you little fucks that have fucked up this once Great Country , someone at my gym told me the other day they went to pick up there kid at scool and the male principal was in a skin tight rainbow onezy
Welcome back to Canada I guess

Anyone else noticed how much the cost of things has gone up? I'm not talking gas, vehicles, houses etc.. I'm talking just general "stuff" you buy like groceires, clothes, restaurant, car repair etc..

In the last week we had to buy a bunch of stuff aside from the standard groceries and gas and I was floored looking at the prices of things. We also had to go to the big city for some of our shopping and the prices to eat out are insane now.

I know there's lots of factors like
-canadian dollar
-high min wage
-carbon tax
-fuel cost for delivery of goods to stores

I haven't received a raise in 7 or 8 years and we also have a couple more bills now that we have kids, but its shocking how much less money we put into the savings account each month now.

What bothers me is that lets say the dollar gets much better, carbon tax is dropped and fuel prices go down, retailers will not lower their prices back to what they were before this non sense. Retailers will just keep prices the same and pocket the difference.
I saw a prime rib today super store Langford for 114 bucks and it was only about the size of half of Trudeaus head ( if you cut Trudeaus head off and then in half again )