Anyone else hear that melatonin spray can block dht on the scalp to protect against balding?

Devson

Trusted Member
My friend went to a naturopath and she said it works. Has anyone heard or seen any literature regarding this? Feel free to post it if you'd like.

That's interesting I've also heard some essential oils can block it on the scalp as well but I don't know how to find any literature to support this!

I never heard of this, I think finasteride is probably your best bet for balding. But if you try it and it works let us know.

Yes, it is used a before bed spray on your scalp as a hair loss treatment. Does it work - don't know? Never tried it. Your friend's naturopath should rephrase what he/she says - it might help. Just like Finasteride or Dutasteride might help but for some it does zip.
Yes, there are a lot of essential oils that are reputed to work very well to both block DHT and help foster growth. I have a write up somewhere if I can find it but I didn't write it and would need the person's permission to post it.
He received it from a fellow bodybuilder. If you follow it to the letter, expect to spend a lot of money.

Small study - you can do a deep dive and find more info. I find it hard to fathom if it works topically, it would not work orally. Think of finasteride, dustasteride, or any pretty much any hair loss product. They are sold via prescription for internal / oral use or you can go to websites (check out minoxidilmax) and buy the topical spray which from experience work just as well.