age vs strength???

Probably why a lot of guys back off on heavy lifting with age. I know I did and it really wasn't a conscious decision it just kind of evolved like my body was directing me if that makes any sense.
me too. ive been adding +20 rep for the challenge and watching YT videos on calisthenics. i never new about many of these clever exercises. i always thought calisthenics was like pushing your hands into a doorway. and this dude is strong and muscular for a guy doing body weight exercises.

i have yet to see a 20 year old with no gym experience start off with great form, which is part of maximizing strength potential...so i'll vote for the 40 year old.

I’m 27 and been lifting since 15. Started lifting serious in my early 20’s and competed in weight lifting. My first cycle was at 21 and I absolutely took off. My strength increased to fast that my body couldn’t keep. I suffered a buldged disk doing deadlifts and learned my lesson. Unless you re a competitive power lifter I don’t think it’s healthy to lift excessively heavy. Even at 27 my joints are fairly battered. I’m stronger now then I was at 21 but I don’t dare push myself the way I use to.

I had a appt today for a ultra sound on my shoulder. Seems that im 40 now that i get injured extremely easy. But tomorrow is chest for me and im still going to bench. Probably get up to 405 but wont dare go any heavier even tho i know i can

I had a appt today for a ultra sound on my shoulder. Seems that im 40 now that i get injured extremely easy. But tomorrow is chest for me and im still going to bench. Probably get up to 405 but wont dare go any heavier even tho i know i can
Wait till you are 48. I spend about 35 min a day with rehab, lol.

My son says my warm-up takes as long as the work out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make it practical. My warm-up is essentially just high reps - 50- 40-30-20. The 50 is easy, 40 gets my mind involved. 30 is sort of hard to get to and 20 just sucks. My reps stay between 4 and 20. After my resistance training it is time to train. Nothing more fun than trying to punch when you can't feel your arms. Stance work after legs is always a hoot the next day. I always work my kicks on leg day, regardless of how burned out my legs are.

Wait till you are 48. I spend about 35 min a day with rehab, lol.

Heavy lifting at work without any care for my body when I was younger is why I do so much. Honestly at a 140 lb bodyweight I shouldn't have been lifting 260-300 lbs of meat on my own, carrying them around to show off. This week on sausage day (wed) I lifted 2100 lbs before noon in 70 lb tubs. Then on Thursday I carried in and put away all the meat for the week which was around 4000 lbs in 80 lb boxes in around an hour. 30 years of this is taking its toll. I know a lot of us carry lots of stuff at work.

Right now I have a nerve in my neck (left shoulder) that is being a bitch. So 2-3 times a day I need to use a massager, roll on a foam roller. Its slowly getting better, it has moved up from my fingers to the back of my tricep and at least the constant aching burning pain down my arm is gone.
Then I am trying to improve my posture because we all do hunched over jobs, so that there with the stretching to release the pecs, then stretching for your legs, hamstrings and so on. So I bet if I add it up its at least 35 min.
That is fine with me, I'll take 35 min a day to be pain free. I spend more time on here, lol.