Afraid of Injections

Preemo77

Trusted Member
Hello all,

I've been around for a while, been dormant on the posting but have kept up with a lot of the topics.

I have completed 4 cycles with the pct to follow. Before all that I spent a lot of time reading about AAS and PCT. I cleaned and prepped my injection sites thoroughly atleast I thought I did. During my 5th cycle I had to cut it short due to an infection in my ventro glute. I had to get it sliced open and drained and proceeded with antibiotics for a month.

I have wanted to start cycling again but have been afraid of getting an infection again. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Preemo

Message me what lab you used
It's possible it was the lab

As for fear of injection. Start with using a lab you can trust to not give you an infection

Then if you need to find an injection buddy that can sooth your fears, encourage you and ensure your doing it correctly

Hello all,

I've been around for a while, been dormant on the posting but have kept up with a lot of the topics.

I have completed 4 cycles with the pct to follow. Before all that I spent a lot of time reading about AAS and PCT. I cleaned and prepped my injection sites thoroughly atleast I thought I did. During my 5th cycle I had to cut it short due to an infection in my ventro glute. I had to get it sliced open and drained and proceeded with antibiotics for a month.

I have wanted to start cycling again but have been afraid of getting an infection again. I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

Preemo
What's your hygiene like when you prep?
Not to sound like a dick... but I am extra cautious. I wash my hands then rub them in 99% alcohol... that 70% alcohol just dosen't make me feel confident.
I make sure the pads i use to clean the vile tops with alcohol dosen't leave cotton on the lid.
Everything get sterilized. The needle pin dosen't come into contact when anything.
If I peirce the skin at all and its a bad injection site... I change pins before I inject again.
Swab the area in a circle motion with a good amount of 99% alcohol in a circle motion staring at the injection site, circling outward.

I'm sure this is nothing you don't know already... but you can never be too careful.

Next culprit as @Taureau mentioned could be the gear.
Even if its clean, good gear.. I have had issues depending on the oil they use... though I never had an infection from it... just redness and swelling.

Good luck bro!

4 cycles and an infection on your 5th
Was it different gear? Was it a sterile abscess or full on infection?
Sounds like you should have technique dialed in.

maybe you were an extra dirty cunt that day? Lol
It was the same gear I used for my first 2 cycles, but you are right I may have slipped up and been a filthy animal that day ending up not getting everything fully sterilized.

Not sure if it was a sterile access or a full on infection. All I remember is them slicing me open with a scalpel and definitely seeing some yellow stuff coming out mixed with blood.

What's your hygiene like when you prep?
Not to sound like a dick... but I am extra cautious. I wash my hands then rub them in 99% alcohol... that 70% alcohol just dosen't make me feel confident.
I make sure the pads i use to clean the vile tops with alcohol dosen't leave cotton on the lid.
Everything get sterilized. The needle pin dosen't come into contact when anything.
If I peirce the skin at all and its a bad injection site... I change pins before I inject again.
Swab the area in a circle motion with a good amount of 99% alcohol in a circle motion staring at the injection site, circling outward.

I'm sure this is nothing you don't know already... but you can never be too careful.

Next culprit as @Taureau mentioned could be the gear.
Even if its clean, good gear.. I have had issues depending on the oil they use... though I never had an infection from it... just redness and swelling.

Good luck bro!
It's been so long ago I cant recall how I went about it, I could of gotten sloppy and rushed a step. But I normally would do close to what your prep would be, I used to aspirated but after the first cycle I stopped. I also didn't use alcohol swabs on my hands I would use soap and water. I buy the individually wrapped alcohol swabs cause leave the little cotton pieces on the vials got annoying.

It's been so long ago I cant recall how I went about it, I could of gotten sloppy and rushed a step. But I normally would do close to what your prep would be, I used to aspirated but after the first cycle I stopped. I also didn't use alcohol swabs on my hands I would use soap and water. I buy the individually wrapped alcohol swabs cause leave the little cotton pieces on the vials got annoying.
If you are injecting in the VG there is really no need to aspirate.
If you somehow do hit a vein... you will feel trouble breathing... and a tingle and chemical taste in your lips... before you finish the injection. Unless you are using a 18g needle... lol.
But honestly you can never be too careful with sterilizing... pins are like .10 cents each.. .if there is any doubt swap pins. Use strong alcohol and make sure ever is clean.... there is so many bacteria living on your skin, including a flesh eating bacteria found on most people.... so you can never be too cautious.

I feel after your experience... you will find you are meticulous from now on.

I have had cellulitis 3 fucking times in 7 years.
I found this to work the best.
Only time I ever got an infection was injecting at night after the dirt of the day was on me.

Inject right out of the shower. Scrub the area you wish to inject very thoroughly with soap and water. Use a clean towel when you dry off that area first.
I brush my teeth in the shower. If you don’t brush your teeth before taking a shower.
I also use a fingernail brush in the morning when I shower.

You shouldn’t get an infection from the injection this way. You will be clean.

Second. Make sure you have brushed your teeth and cleaned your hands well before loading your pin. Use alcohol on the rubber stopper, be super cautious about touching anything with the needle.

Last, change your injections to sub q. This way if you get an infection it’s not an abcess, but just celluitis. Make sure you rotate sites. I just inject in the normal locations.

Oh and that left over vial from the infection you got, toss it if you haven’t already. I would wipe the outside of any vials you have left with alcohol, just to be sure.

Last edited:
Only time I ever got an infection was injecting at night after the dirt of the day was on me.

Inject right out of the shower. Scrub the area you wish to inject very thoroughly with soap and water. Use a clean towel when you dry off that area especially.
I brush my teeth in the shower. If you don’t brush your teeth before taking a shower.

Second. Make sure you have brushed your teeth and cleaned your hands well before loading your pin. Use alcohol on the rubber stopper, be super cautious about touching anything with the needle.

Last, change your injections to sub q. This way if you get an infection it’s not an abcess, but just celluitis. Make sure you rotate sites. I just inject in the normal locations.

Oh and that left over vial from the infection you got, toss it if you haven’t already. I would wipe the outside of any vials you have left with alcohol, just to be sure.
Good advice... for me I always have issues sub q.. never had an issue other than swelling or hitting a nerve and the odd vein nick with IM... but the hygiene advice is 100%

Ive switched to SUBQ injections and never looked back. MCT oil leaves me a little sore but GSO nothing. Mind you a low dose .25ml (112.5 mg) x 2 per week.
That makes sense. I do 3ml 2x a week and my VG can handle that easy... would be way too much for sub q.
But I sure wish I could go sub q... .I hate IM.... I use 25g so it isn't too bad... 1" pin for VG.. sometimes quads

1. Shower. Also I brush teeth like @Sorbate suggested

2. I usually use lysol and wipe the area I'm going to have the pin stuff sitting

3. Swab the injection site thoroughly

4. Swab vial

5. Use drawing needle, switch to different needle to pin. Only removing the needle cap when it's going to be stuck in the skin.

No issues pinning ever. Also consider using slin pins. Don't warm up the vial with water or by letting water run over the barrel - use a heat pad or wax warmer if you want the oil hot. Rotate injection sites (easier to do with slin pins).

Infections suck. I've had a few over the course of 10 years on gear only ever from ugl's though, never once from pharma grade.

As already mentioned, recommend showering first and scrubbing the site good with soap and water. I also triple Swab the site before injecting lol. Can't be too over paranoid on sterility

Seems like you are pretty on the ball with it could have just been bad gear or a slip up. These things happen, even in the medical world you're not the first

If you are injecting in the VG there is really no need to aspirate.
If you somehow do hit a vein... you will feel trouble breathing... and a tingle and chemical taste in your lips... before you finish the injection. Unless you are using a 18g needle... lol.
But honestly you can never be too careful with sterilizing... pins are like .10 cents each.. .if there is any doubt swap pins. Use strong alcohol and make sure ever is clean.... there is so many bacteria living on your skin, including a flesh eating bacteria found on most people.... so you can never be too cautious.

I feel after your experience... you will find you are meticulous from now on.
I read about aspirating when I was new to all of this. When I first started I was doing my quads then I continued with the practice of aspirating till I came across some reading on how I didn't need to on the ventros. I've had the tingle and cough before or hitting a nerve. It don't feel good haha.

You're right if I do decide to start another cycle I will be very meticulous with the injection sanitizing.

Where you injecting in same site over and over?
Oil takes time to be absorbed
I was cycling through both quads and both ventros, I've never tried other locations. I should of tried more sites but i was comfortable with those locations.

Inject right out of the shower. Scrub the area you wish to inject very thoroughly with soap and water. Use a clean towel when you dry off that area especially.

Thanks Sorbate, This is great advice! I might have to try the subq injections. I imagine there is a limited amount that can be injected with subs.

My confidence on starting a new cycle has increased a lot reading all of these posts. I will definitely add the shower to the before injections. I had always stabbed the vials and stoppers. I'm thinking I got careless and didn't sanitize properly.