WHose had there DHEA checked? Learned something the other day

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Talked with my doctor.. My DHEA is sitting at 6.2 at 38 years old.. That's within range for my age, but my doctor said when I was 25years old it would be around 15.. He said even with being on TRT, he will start me on DHEA to get it around 15 for optimum health.
He listed of many things that are affected by decreasing DHEA levels with age despite being within range.

I wish I could recall everythign he said that is negatively affected with decreasing DHEA, but was pretty shocked.

Mine was 4.8 at 48 which is below range. In another thread you can see my thoughts on it. After 45 days I felt great. As an experiment I planned to stopped for 30 days. I got one week to go and can’t wait to go back on. My mind was clearer and I felt “better” on it. Very interested to see if I feel the same thing again when I go back on next week or if it was coincidence.

Interesting....

So what is the recommended minimum dose to see results and where you you be able to pick some up at?

This could go here or under the lipids thread.

IF you have low DHEA levels And high stress this was my Dr explanation:

Prolonged stress = high Cortisol levels
High cortisol levels = inflammation
Prolonged inflammation = body releasing excess cholesterol
Excess cholesterol and inflammation = plaque in the arteries

DHEA occupies the same receptor as cortisol so essentially blocks it = reduces inflammation, etc

I don’t see the TRT doc anymore. My family doc was handed the reigns from the TRT doc once I was well established but I’m sure I can get him to prescribe me some and do some pre and during BW.

Also going down the DHEA rabbit hole I also came across DIM supplementation as an addition to TRT. Thoughts?

This could go here or under the lipids thread.

IF you have low DHEA levels And high stress this was my Dr explanation:

Prolonged stress = high Cortisol levels
High cortisol levels = inflammation
Prolonged inflammation = body releasing excess cholesterol
Excess cholesterol and inflammation = plaque in the arteries

DHEA occupies the same receptor as cortisol so essentially blocks it = reduces inflammation, etc

interesting.. Im sure I'm a victim of this cycle.

I don’t see the TRT doc anymore. My family doc was handed the reigns from the TRT doc once I was well established but I’m sure I can get him to prescribe me some and do some pre and during BW.

Also going down the DHEA rabbit hole I also came across DIM supplementation as an addition to TRT. Thoughts?
I have not researched DIM.

@gondar1 May have some insight.

Mine was 4.8 at 48 which is below range. In another thread you can see my thoughts on it. After 45 days I felt great. As an experiment I planned to stopped for 30 days. I got one week to go and can’t wait to go back on. My mind was clearer and I felt “better” on it. Very interested to see if I feel the same thing again when I go back on next week or if it was coincidence.

I'm seriously interested in your experiment...

What did you feel the benefits were? Did you get any lipid blood work done?

I'm seriously interested in your experiment...

What did you feel the benefits were? Did you get any lipid blood work done?

I have a thread on DHEA under TRT if you want more detail

summary of how I feel on DHEA:
Feeling of well being (wife even commented on my good mood)

my metabolism when through the roof

I got great pumps because cortisol was blocked

PS my main reason for taking DHEA was to get cortisol and inflammation down. I stopped taking it for 30 days to compare and then I will get BW once I go back on for 45 days.

PPS @Sorbate loves it when I over think simple things. Lol