Whats your number??

OnRoute

Trusted Member
Unfortunately we live in an age where everything has to have its own name. We have TransG's that are called "Z" & "IMP" and whatever BS to massage their ego/sense of worth. Just like I would not call myself a Bodybuilder or a Powerlifter so we are calling ourselves Powerbuilders?? FFS, I am a just a dude that just lifts the big 3 (well 2) and then follows on with some accessories to chase the pump.

Question is. What are the lads lifting here?

I'm 5'7, 196lbs and leanish.

Bench - 355
DeadLift - STILL 565lb
Squat - Ouch my knee, im to old for that shit #surgeryprone......

I’m not big. I’m also battling my fucking colon.

47 years old
5’6”
174 lbs naked in morning after shit, lol
9 or a little less bodyfat. My colon has been bad for 8 weeks and I can’t eat properly. It has cost me muscle tissue

I’m not a huge lifter. I lift for looks not strength and find that really high reps and pump works better for me now instead of brute strength and injury.
I don’t bench over 225 but do high reps full range of motion.
Dumbbells 80 lbs for sets of 15 or more.
I havnt dead lifted in a while but was doing 300 lbs for 15 could do more but I fear my siatica.
Bent underhand rows for 275 for 15
Barbell curls 120 lbs for 12+
Tricep push downs 160 lbs for 12+
I can’t squat without chancing flaring my siatica, so if I do my reps are in the 40’s range. The weight depends on how I feel that day, but it’s light.

I am back and arm strong and chest, leg weak. A lot of this is because of my choice of career.

A year or so ago i hit a real 500 on the bench. I was able to do it a few more times afterwards but suffered nerve damage so now its nowhere even close.
I havent gone heavier then 6 plates a side on deads in years but never liked single rep maxes on those
Squat sucks and always has but can hack squat a house lol
bb rows im pretty steady on 405 for 8
I dont see myself breaking any of my own records in the future cause i seem to keep fucking myself up when im trying nowadays

A year or so ago i hit a real 500 on the bench. I was able to do it a few more times afterwards but suffered nerve damage so now its nowhere even close.
I havent gone heavier then 6 plates a side on deads in years but never liked single rep maxes on those
Squat sucks and always has but can hack squat a house lol
bb rows im pretty steady on 405 for 8
I dont see myself breaking any of my own records in the future cause i seem to keep fucking myself up when im trying nowadays
500???

Thats a thing of beauty!. I'll take 405 at my bodyweight for now! Or a 315 5x5

Currently im 5'8" and 243lbs...and these lifts were from 2 years ago before I had some major mental health problems come out and dealing with drugs and overdoses and hospitalizations.

Bench - 405lbs for 3 reps
Deadlift - i have done 405 for 20 reps. can pick up 5 aside but don't deadlift much at all
Squat - 500 for several reps but have done 405 for 20 in the past

Before i got hurt this past july,
Bench 435 once per week. Did 5 plates with a pause using yellow sling shot. No bounce.
Deadlift 675 easily. Never tried more
Squat 545 easily. Never tried more.
Now that finally starting to heal up, not sure i will do any of these lifts anymore. I will never compete and now want size more than strength. Although i have taken a liking to dumbells for incline and see myself throwing up the 170s in the near future.

Wow, ok so this is quite the question...lol....I am getting old, soon 47 and if I go back 8 years #'s are huge(for me)
incline bench 405 for 8-9
Olympic straight bar curl 225 for 7
Deadlifts 675 for 3
Squat 495 for 8,9,10...depending...lol never tried to do a max back then
Dumbells curls had 100's for reps all day, hammer strength preacher curl machine 285 for reps....
185 for headcavers
Blah blah blah
This is when I was what I believe to be my peak....290ish @6'2" and really focused 4 months into best cycle ever... damn 22" bi's cold man 33 inch waist and abbs....I was jacked.....
Now? Not so much...lol....older and don't push so hard....sets with 315 on bench is good, quit there, curl 185, easy...lol....squat 315 is also enough and I never go more than 315 on deads or rows....not looking for injuries just focus on mind muscle connections now and strict higher rep scheme.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Damn some big numbers.....

5'10" @185lbs started powerlifting @40y and am 46 and 210lbs

bench 325lbs
squat 405lbs
sumo deadlift 555lbs
conv deadlift 2x515

bent over rows 3x405 (lotsa body english)
SLDL 5x405
hammer curl 7x95
incline db's 8x110

Rehabbing my glutes and lower back would like to get a 600lbs DL

Last edited:
I'm 6'2. Weight bulked up now is 260 and change. Will be cutting down to 230's. My numbers are not as impressive as some, and I've got lots of old injuries to watch out for: dislocated shoulders, crushed ankle, siatic nerve lower back, bad knee... good times.

I never do 1 rep max so not sure of those numbers.

Bench: 315 for 6
Barbell curl: 130 for 10
Squats: 405 for 5, but I stay in the 375 for 10 zone with drop downs as after a couple sets that siatic thing becomes a problem.
Deads: no dice due to siatic issue. I could do a set 550+ for sure, but then I'm fuked!

26 years old
6’0 240
Strict powerlifting the last year and a half used to train more bodybuilding.
Squat 500 x 2
Bench 225 x 21 (not sure max)
Deadlift pulled 551 conventional in comp recently switched to sumo as my lockout was nasty lol so 500x5 sumo

Good news! According to online calculators you could probably max. out at around 365-380 give or take.

I just checked for fun as I found this fairly accurate when I tried it.

Have fun,

OD
Bro are you serious cause that would be unreal lol last time i maxed i hit a 325 bench! Lmao that would be a huge pr 😂🤞

Good news! According to online calculators you could probably max. out at around 365-380 give or take.

I just checked for fun as I found this fairly accurate when I tried it.

Have fun,

OD

(225x21x.0333)+225=382.34

weight x reps x .0333 + weight = 1 rep max, this is incredibly close, however over 10 reps gets kinda iffy lol

Current weight 345 coming off some major orthopaedic surgery but I will give you my personal bests over the past 10 years when I was usually hovering around 320lbs and much leaner than current. I am currently doing physio and just lifting small weights to keep limber.

Personal Bests from memory:

Bench: 515lbs x2 (wrapped elbows but no bench suit)
Squat: 585lbs x5 (Won't be able to break this post knee surgery)
Deadlift: 675lbs x 8
Military shoulder press (for shits and giggles since it's my fav): 515lbs x1 or 2 can't remember

Goals for 2019:

Bench: 315 x 12 no pause. or 8 with
Squat: I only do hack squats due to injury.
Deadlift: 315 x 8-12
Military press: 405 x 8-12
(I was told to act my age by my surgeon so this is what I have come up as attainable without hurting myself too bad)

More importantly - Injuries:

-Shoulder reconstruction from a benching injury. Ripped all the tendons off mid rep on final warm up (before hitting 405lbs) with 315lbs. Quite painful, don't recommend lol. this required a one year commitment of physio 3 x per week to get back feeling normal.
-Bicep tendon ruptured and re-attached from above mentioned benching injury.
-Two knee surgeries (scopes). One due to a front squat injury and the other was a fall so not gym related.
**I was never able to keep injury free long enough to compete as a proper powerlifter.

Some of the injuries were my own stupidity and others were due to genetic limitation and 23 years of juice on my tendons. Made them a bit brittle according to the Orthopod. If I had to do this all over again, I wish I could say I would't do it but i would be lying. I loved being one of or the strongest and biggest people at the gym wherever I went. It became addictive but now being in my 40s I am definitely paying the price. The 20 somethings are catching up!! Damn them and their youth bwahaha. So all in all, I don't recommend the path I took. Moderation on "supplements" and weights would have been a MUCH better idea! lol.

M1lks