What do you do when going on vacation abroad and can't take your TRT injection meds?

Blashy

Anyone have experience with dealing with this?
I never have checked baggage so I can't take needles. Maybe you could get some when you get to your destination.
But my question is, does anyone have experience traveling for up to two weeks and not being able to take their injectable TRT?
Has anyone used oral form for that period (testosterone undercanoate)? If so, seeing as absorption is not the same, anyone figure out the conversion from cypionate to undercanoate? They're very similar in total testosterone per 100mg, although I've not found absorption rates for undercanoate to know the actual dosage.

Or maybe you bring gel? Although for 100mg of test cyp a week the equivalent in gels would be 2 packets per day. They say absorption is about 10% and one pack is usually 50mg, 10% = 5mg *2 per day = 10mg * 7 days = 70mg. That's equal to actual test in 100mg of test cyp. I might be totally out to lunch here, I'll happily accept any corrections.

Or maybe a person takes another form of oral?

Any tips would be appreciated.

2 weeks with no checked bags? Thad’s a hardcore traveller. I was told that if you have your prescription and show proof you’re good... but I’ve never risked it. I’ve always taken my injection just before leaving, and added some extra just for good measure... but my max trip has been 10 days, not 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you mean Dr prescribed TRT? I bring script Test C in my carry-on all the time. I don’t put meds in checked baggage in case they lose luggage. I have never had an issue going to US, Mexico or Europe. I put needles in checked baggage or I just get them at my destination (also no issues).

I assume you mean Dr prescribed TRT? I bring script Test C in my carry-on all the time. I don’t put meds in checked baggage in case they lose luggage. I have never had an issue going to US, Mexico or Europe. I put needles in checked baggage or I just get them at my destination (also no issues).

Thanks for the info.

Good to know you've never had issues in US and Europe as long as you have your script.

As for needles, I gather it's been easy in multiple countries to purchase needles? Local pharmacies?
I never had checked baggages.

Thanks for the info.

Good to know you've never had issues in US and Europe as long as you have your script.

As for needles, I gather it's been easy in multiple countries to purchase needles? Local pharmacies?

You can get pins just about anywhere in Europe mostly slin pins but pharmacies will find larger ones for you.

If I’m going for a week I just load up before and again when I get home.

Thanks for the info.

Yes you can get pins at any pharmacy and in some countries tell the concierge what you need and they will make arrangement to have it delivered to hotel (i have done that...many travellers especially the elderly need things from pharmacies.)

But if concerned, just check a small bag...in todays travel they unload luggage supper fast...it is really not a delay. I always bring pins, alcohol wipes, etc just to save the hassle of having to get them.

And no i have never been asked (and i travel a lot) and yes it goes through the x-ray so they can see a vial in my carry-on. I have loaded up before but being on TRT i like to stay stable and feel my very best on vacation...especially since i usually train both jiu jitsu and weights while traveling.

Thanks for the info.

I honestly have never had issue one. Always carried in my carry on, needles included. I have had security assholes give me grief over my Diet Coke, cologne and shaving cream, even when I could see the clear outline of needles in my kit (and I always look just for giggles).

2 weeks with no checked bags? Thad’s a hardcore traveller. I was told that if you have your prescription and show proof you’re good... but I’ve never risked it. I’ve always taken my injection just before leaving, and added some extra just for good measure... but my max trip has been 10 days, not 2 weeks.

I agree that is hardcore travailing. What i have done in the past, is taken a 250mg shot of Test CYP or Enth the day i fly out. When i return i take a 100mg shot of test prop and a 250mg shot of CYP or ENTH the same day. The prob will bridge the gap until the longer ester is back circulating. Hope that helps.

travelled a few times and take my meds - including TRT in the past. I always ask my doctor to give me a written note on his letterhead indicating it is prescribed, etc. I assume my name on the box, etc. would be enough but I prefer to be safe. I take it with me in the carry on. Never had an issue - I used cream so needles weren't an issue.
cheers

Careful fellas, just because a medication is prescribed does not mean it's legal to take it across a border. The perfect example that's front and center in the media right now is cannabis. Prescribed or not you can not bring it into the states because it is a controlled substance. I'm not a lawyer, but I would assume the same rings true for testosterone. Mexico.... I wouldn't hesitate, you can buy it right off the shelf there.

I'd read up on the laws of the country you're visiting. Just because you've done it 50x in the past does not mean the next time you won't end up in one of those small rooms for a random bag check.

I always carry my vial in the box with the script on it as well as the pins and syringes in my carryon. Customs has opened my bag and they always ask first if there's anything sharp inside, I tell them there are syringes in a pouch. Shouldn't be a problem entering the states with test with a script, it's legal there for prescription use. Cannabis, I would not take that chance.
If you're running more than just your prescribed test, just fill an empty vial with whatever you want, Customs can't tell. An empty vial of Delatestryl will hold 10ml of T400/Tren Enan...or so I heard.