Stenabolic (SR9009)

Taureau

Administrator
SR9009 (Stenabolic) is a research drug that is classified as an agonist of Rev-ErbA, so technically it is not a SARM (selective androgen receptor modulator). However, it is often stacked with SARMS, and is sold by companies that also sell SARMS, which is the reason it is usually mistaken as one.

This compound was created by Dr. Burris of the Scripps research institute, and it is still under development in the hopes of increasing endurance and reducing mitochondrial damage. Logically, just like with SARMS and steroids, athletes have decided to use SR9009 as a performance enhancing drug (PED) to help them reach their goals, and defeat their peers. Therefore, it has grown very popular, especially in crossfit and endurance sports.

How it works
Stenabolic does not work like SARMS or anabolic steroids do, and it is a non-hormonal compound. This means that it will not affect your pituitary glands, prostate, or leydig cells at all. Actually, it works in a similar way to GW-501516 (Cardarine), but in certain aspects it may be even more effective.

Specifically, it has been found in studies carried out on mice that SR9009 activates Rev-ErbA – a protein belonging to the family of intracellular transcription factors within the alpha and beta receptors, which separate genes. Additionally, the Rev-ErbA protein helps regulate circadian clock and the breakdown of cartilage. As a result, SR9009 increases exercise capacity via mitochondria in the skeletal muscle. Besides, according to NCBI studies, SR9009 has been shown to balance cholesterol levels, and help safely burn fat and glucose in the muscles.

Add it all up, and you will understand why the administration of stenabolic gave mice a 50% increase in endurance and running ability. Researchers also noticed a change in metabolism, where the mice were burning fat even while in rest mode.

Athletic uses
Due to all of the above mentioned properties, some internet guru's have called SR9009 "exercise in a bottle," which would not be a logical characterization for athletes who already lead active lifestyles. By influencing the functions of Rev-ErbA within the body, Stenabolic will enhance athletic performance by altering fat storage, lipid and glucose metabolism, and it will improve cholesterol levels (which will come in handy for those using anabolic steroids). Therefore, in plain English we can say that stenabolic will make your workouts more efficient, will reduce body fat, will allow you to push longer and harder without getting winded, and it will even help reduce inflammation from overtraining.

Last edited:
What's more, during weight training one will be able to push more reps during their sets, and take less time off in between sets. Meanwhile, those that are in endurance sports will be able to cut their times, and lose their breath to a lesser extent.

Hence, based on this I would characterize SR9009 as more of a “train harder and longer” compound, rather than “exercise in a bottle.”

Non-athletic uses
Stenabolic can be utilized by those who are not that active as well. For instance, it will help those 'weekend warriors' drop fat even with a below average diet, and it will improve heart conditioning. However, it is highly recommended to get the most out of this compound, and in order to achieve this you should exercise while on it and eat better, as it will double, or even triple your results.

For those who are not in the best shape, the main advantage of SR9009 is that it is non-hormonal. Thus, it is much safer than anabolic steroids, and even someone who is totally out of shape can hop on SR9009 without the risk of shutting themselves down, or causing androgenic/estrogenic side effects. What's more, anabolic steroids do not have the ability to increase endurance or fat loss the way SR9009 can.

Stacking
Stenabolic makes a great addition to a SARMS or AAS (anabolic androgenic steroids) stack because it will not increase negative side effects, and will give additional benefits to the user. These benefits include enhanced fat burning and endurance throughout the cycle. Moreover, SR9009 will also help balance cholesterol levels, which will be affected by such androgenic steroids as trenbolone. In fact, apart from ruining your lipids, trenbolone will really destroy your endurance, and SR9009 will reduce this undesired effect of trenbolone.

Interestingly, apart from cycles, stenabolic can also be ran solo, during post cycle therapy (PCT), or during a bridge. In these situations it will help keep stubborn fat off, and it will allow you to push harder during your workouts. As a result, you will have an easier time holding onto muscle mass and the conditioning achieved during a cycle.

Side effects
As mentioned, SR9009 is non-hormonal. Consequently, there is no risk of estrogen issues, androgenic issues, or shutdown/suppression of the HPTA functions. Neither is it methylated as most oral steroids are, so it is not hepatotoxic, and there will be no need for a liver supporting supplement when using stenabolic.

Dosage
SR9009 can be ran by both males, and females at a dosage of 10-20 milligrams (mg) per day. I have seen some recommend a higher dosage, but that is because their product was acquired from a poor source, and was likely underdosed.

Regarding the dosing schedules, I recommend either splitting the dosage AM/PM, or doing the entire dosage 2 hours before your workout with water and light food.

I’ve read that the half life of SR9009 is 4-6 hours, and so to maintain stable / peak levels, one should take their dose (30mg for sample) in three daily doses, once every 8 hrs for example….
I’ve also heard that one effect / side effect of SR9009 can be wakefulness.
Would doing the entire daily dose 2 hrs before your workout (20mg or even 30mg) ADD to endurance / recovery during the workout, but then allow for the compound to fully exit the system 12 hours later, thereby not negatively affecting sleep?

If the data on the half life is correct then this would stand to reason, however, if there’s any need to build up any kind of a baseline in the body from anything the compound offers that extends beyond the life cycle of it as stated, then the question is what does the body need continually from SR9009 to maximize its benefit?

I've used it half a dozen times. It definitely works, regardless of the limited data on bioavailability.

I use two sleep trackers, an oura ring and a galaxy pro watch. When I take sr9009, 10mg doses at 6am, 11am, and 5pm total of 30mg daily. My wake/sleep cycle always improves. It regulates circadian rhythm and thus you will not want to take it any time in the evening. 5pm is my latest dose or it can keep you up. But when used properly, it tells the cells into the body what time they need to be awake, and what time they need to sleep. Lots of longevity aspects to this in terms of the circadian code.

I have put it to the test with travel. Switching time zones from one end of the world to the other (13 hour time change). When using sr9009 at 6am in in new time zone, I could effectively change my bodies wake and sleep pattern, preventing typical "jet lag" symptoms and stress. My ring and watch both reflected this as well. As did my day time alertness and tiredness in the evening, regardless of being in complete opposite time zone. Quite fascinating

Now for performance. You will notice strength, hold better size, increased energy. And it's a clean energy, not like a caffeine or stimulant. Hard to explain, but similiar to cardarine gw50516.

I believe there is a bright future for these rev-erb agonist drugs. If only they were funded and researched more. I also found doing pre and post sr9009 blood work it has always dramatically improved my bio markers. Decreased liver enzymes, improved cholesterol. Higher HRV and lower resting heart rate.

This is just my own anecdotal experience and based on such. But the small amount of animal data out there though is quite promising

Last edited:
I've used it half a dozen times. It definitely works, regardless of the limited data on bioavailability.

I use two sleep trackers, an oura ring and a galaxy pro watch. When I take sr9009, 10mg doses at 6am, 11am, and 5pm total of 30mg daily. My wake/sleep cycle always improves. It regulates circadian rhythm and thus you will not want to take it any time in the evening. 5pm is my latest dose or it can keep you up. But when used properly, it tells the cells into the body what time they need to be awake, and what time they need to sleep. Lots of longevity aspects to this in terms of the circadian code.

I have put it to the test with travel. Switching time zones from one end of the world to the other (13 hour time change). When using sr9009 at 6am in in new time zone, I could effectively change my bodies wake and sleep pattern, preventing typical "jet lag" symptoms and stress. My ring and watch both reflected this as well. As did my day time alertness and tiredness in the evening, regardless of being in complete opposite time zone. Quite fascinating

Now for performance. You will notice strength, hold better size, increased energy. And it's a clean energy, not like a caffeine or stimulant. Hard to explain, but similiar to cardarine gw50516.

I believe there is a bright future for these rev-erb agonist drugs. If only they were funded and researched more. I also found doing pre and post sr9009 blood work it has always dramatically improved my bio markers. Decreased liver enzymes, improved cholesterol. Higher HRV and lower resting heart rate.

This is just my own anecdotal experience and based on such. But the small amount of animal data out there though is quite promising
@libo
What a great post.
Took my first 20mgs today; will be doing the three 10’s starting tomorrow.

On second day of Stenabolic…..
Massive difference in:
- endurande
- flexibility
- energy
……able to ‘feel’ things within an hour after ingesting today, CONSIDERABLY more ‘feel’ than yesterday (day one)

I
Any chance you have a copy of said blood work for reference @libo
I sure do! I will download it and take some screen shots, editing out my personal information when I get some time. Remind me in a few days if I forget lol

Again, it's only my self experiment so to be taken as such, but I will happily share this for the community's interest.

I run it depending on my goal, typically 6-8 weeks though. Sometimes 4, I've tried upwards of 10. I found the results sort of plateau about week 6-8 though.

I keep my cycles relatively short because I mainly use it for circadian regulation, given the seasons here in canada, helping cardio, improving mitochondrial function and energy etc. I'm a big longevity nerd. I used to be a shift worker, it dramatically helped me regulate my wake sleep cycle. My wife is also a shift worker and has tried it once, could notice a difference right away. This drug works no doubt I wish there was more clinical trials being done on it

Last edited:
I

I sure do! I will download it and take some screen shots, editing out my personal information when I get some time. Remind me in a few days if I forget lol

Again, it's only my self experiment so to be taken as such, but I will happily share this for the community's interest.

I run it depending on my goal, typically 6-8 weeks though. Sometimes 4, I've tried upwards of 10. I found the results sort of plateau about week 6-8 though.

I keep my cycles relatively short because I mainly use it for circadian regulation, given the seasons here in canada, helping cardio, improving mitochondrial function and energy etc. I'm a big longevity nerd. I used to be a shift worker, it dramatically helped me regulate my wake sleep cycle. My wife is also a shift worker and has tried it once, could notice a difference right away. This drug works no doubt I wish there was more clinical trials being done on it

Any input on its effectiveness regarding any actual fat burning? If you noticed it in that area at all.

Currently using 100 Test TRT pharma with 2IU Generic HGH. I noticed my pump is improved. I am "tightening up" so to speak. On week 9 of 12 week carb cycle and fast 7pm-7am. If this makes things better I will ad it next cycle.

Currently using 100 Test TRT pharma with 2IU Generic HGH. I noticed my pump is improved. I am "tightening up" so to speak. On week 9 of 12 week carb cycle and fast 7pm-7am. If this makes things better I will ad it n
I find it a benefit during cruise, or off cycle maintenance. Helps retain my size, id compare 30mg sr9009 to maybe 10mg of anavar
Any input on its effectiveness regarding any actual fat burning? If you noticed it in that area at all.

Its a benefit but not something I have paid close attention or noticed much of. I remain under 10% body fat year round typically hover that 8-9%, almost stage ready my friends say. Although I dont compete, its part of my longevity plan and best health practices. So my diet and cardio routine are already paramount, Sr9009 doesnt seem to do much for me in this regard.

But anything that increases metabolic function will in turn aid in fat loss. Of course you must still be in a deficit, fat burners dont substitute for poor diet or lack of calorie expenditure. The basic principles still apply and sr9009 is no exception to this.