starting prescription DHEA today

Well as some people know, my doctor left town awhile ago. I went to another doctor for a refilll of scrips and he wanted me to try not taking DHEA.. I agreed, but then shortly after continued after reading more. That doctor said if I wanted to sitll take it, he would prescribe it after I decided if I wanted to or not.. then this doctor left towen as well

My DHEA is out.. and I got a over the phone prescription renewal.. And the doctor on the phone REFUSED to prescribe me DHEA. she gave me my thyroid and test.. but said she wasn't comfortabel with DEHA ans my former doctor was considered well versed in hormones and since she is not, she wouldn't refill it.. I told her "well you say he was well versed in hormones and he had me on DHEA for 5 years, so can you not trust his judgement and justr refill the script he wrote for me??"... nope.. she wouldn't do it..

I asked how could I get my DHEA filled? Who could I talk to who would be comfortable and considered qualified? She said "no doctor in town right now is comfortable with it.. I know that for a fact"..
Fucking dhea us on the vitamin shelf at Walmart in the USA. If it was soo horrible and a major performance enhanser it wouldn’t be there.

Yeah, it's very sad that they know nothing about the most abundant hormone in the human body....

I have experienced near the same reaction from my family doctor when I asked him if he would prescribe me DHEA. My doctor looked right at me and had a look on his face like I had just asked him to prescribe me rec drugs or something...he then instantly said "I am sorry, I can't help you with that, I don't know anything about it"
He did then say maybe one of his colleagues in the clinic would be able to help me....so he referred me to his colleague who was a functional doctor. He does prescribe my TRT though, it's just super strange to me.

Yeah, it's very sad that they know nothing about the most abundant hormone in the human body....

I have experienced near the same reaction from my family doctor when I asked him if he would prescribe me DHEA. My doctor looked right at me and had a look on his face like I had just asked him to prescribe me rec drugs or something...he then instantly said "I am sorry, I can't help you with that, I don't know anything about it"
He did then say maybe one of his colleagues in the clinic would be able to help me....so he referred me to his colleague who was a functional doctor. He does prescribe my TRT though, it's just super strange to me.

I think this is the biggest thing.. If they don;t know anything about it, its uncomfrotable and sort of scary..

But as a doctor, you'd think they'd educate themselves when they recongnize a lapse in their knowlede..

I think this is the biggest thing.. If they don;t know anything about it, its uncomfrotable and sort of scary..

But as a doctor, you'd think they'd educate themselves when they recongnize a lapse in their knowlede..
Exactly!! I know I'd be trying to do my own research and trying to educate myself and become a better doctor toy patients.

Fucking dhea us on the vitamin shelf at Walmart in the USA. If it was soo horrible and a major performance enhanser it wouldn’t be there.
I had to check this out for myself and you’re 100% right. Went into Walmart yesterday and there it was lol.