Old age sucks!!!

the dead

Trusted Member
Im 47 been training off and on now for over 20 years .. now that im older my body has been telling me its time to slow down ..my recovery time is getting longer ..everything always hurts lol.. seems im taking more time off for stupid little injuries than working out lol. I still have the mind set of a 20 yr old when it comes to my workouts.. balls to the wall !!! But my body is telling me its time to change it up ..UGH !!Damn you old age!! And thats my rant !!!

Watch some trading videos that Dexter Jackson does. He’s chasing Ed his training over. Even explained that if he didn’t change his training he would be getting injuries.

And yes getting closer to 50 does blow, you start going blind, hair thins, face gets wrinkly, lol. Then all the abuse you put your body thru seems to catch up.

Enjoy.

really??47 yrs young??What I would give to be so young-lol [very soon 70yrs] many injuries and still train hard -mix of heavy/med/light but many different exercises to accommodate harsh injuries.You will adjust:cool::giggle::love:.Best training yrs ahead

Watch some trading videos that Dexter Jackson does. He’s chasing Ed his training over. Even explained that if he didn’t change his training he would be getting injuries.

And yes getting closer to 50 does blow, you start going blind, hair thins, face gets wrinkly, lol. Then all the abuse you put your body thru seems to catch up.

Enjoy.
Oh yeah i forgot to mention ..i now have to ware glasses full time ..lmao

Oh yeah i forgot to mention ..i now have to ware glasses full time ..lmao
Yes that part sucks. I used to have better than 20/20., with great depth perception. Now I wear cheaters, thankfully I can still use monovision, that is wearing one contact in your non dominate eye for close vision.
Once my close vision gets too bad though, monovision will not work, once the difference in vision between your two eyes gets to great it kills you distance vision.
I think the worst is the low light vision.
I was thinking of asking Pareto to make the writing on their labels larger, lol.

really??47 yrs young??What I would give to be so young-lol [very soon 70yrs] many injuries and still train hard -mix of heavy/med/light but many different exercises to accommodate harsh injuries.You will adjust:cool::giggle::love:.Best training yrs ahead

Hey serious question. How is your mobility? Are you still flexible? Like in your 50’s or dies it degrade somewhat even if you stretch and such.

Lmao - I hear ya, I haven’t been without an injury for 2 years and we are around the same age, I’m better now than ever and if you check out my rehab log - that is why but expensive.
I am very flexible, stay active but the older I get the more I get little injuries and it sucks.

If I stretch frequently enough then no problem but if I do not then some seizing/restrictions-can touch floor with fingers.Getting up and down to floor smoothly/quickly is not easy but doable.Have to use a safety bar as I have broken RT shoulder numerous times and lost some mobility even with a solid yr. of stretching it .Sometimes back /neck disks interfere and sometimes not for little discernible reasons.I roll with it -easier lighter workout on some days and balls to the wall on good days.More susceptible to lung stuff[bronchitis] as I age and it hangs on longer.Endurance seems unaffected in general but I have had high HCT/HGb all my life so more oxygen in blood

Last edited:
If I stretch frequently enough then no problem but if I do not then some seizing/restrictions-can touch floor with fingers.Getting up and down to floor smoothly/quickly is not easy but doable.Have to use a safety bar as I have broken RT shoulder numerous times and lost some mobility even with a solid yr. of stretching it .Sometimes back /neck disks interfer and sometimes not for little discernible reasons.I roll with it -easier lighter workout on some days and balls to the wall on good days.More suseptable to lung stuff[ronchitis] as I age and it hangs on longer.Endurance seems unaffected in general but I have had high HCT/HGb all my life so more oxygen in blood

This is my goal....

I believe the secret is to keep going.... big problems start when we stop doing the things that got us health in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I hear ya, been out of the gym for almost a week and a half due to shoulder injury. Thinking I didnt warm up enough. Hoping to be back in soon. Getting old sucks is right :(

Hey serious question. How is your mobility? Are you still flexible? Like in your 50’s or dies it degrade somewhat even if you stretch and such.
My mobility is good ..not the best by any mean ..i always stretch for about 20mins before a workout ..mind you about 4 yrs ago i never really need too .Now its a necessity. Lol

Do a quick google search on why stretching before a workout is not the optimum time. Also, look at dynamic stretching as opposed to static stretching.
I never stretch before a workout but use a fair amount of warmup sets — dynamic stretching afterwards when I am working my Martial Arts and Yoga afterwards.

If I stretch frequently enough then no problem but if I do not then some seizing/restrictions-can touch floor with fingers.Getting up and down to floor smoothly/quickly is not easy but doable.Have to use a safety bar as I have broken RT shoulder numerous times and lost some mobility even with a solid yr. of stretching it .Sometimes back /neck disks interfere and sometimes not for little discernible reasons.I roll with it -easier lighter workout on some days and balls to the wall on good days.More susceptible to lung stuff[bronchitis] as I age and it hangs on longer.Endurance seems unaffected in general but I have had high HCT/HGb all my life so more oxygen in blood
Thanks.