No surprise - nothing is free

Goldenrod

Staff member

I skimmed this and people can critique it they disagree but regardless it fits with what I have been saying for years. PED's and your liver enzymes go up, kidney function is impacted, lipids are impacted but you stop and up the supplements and get back to normal - you think you are OK. BS - nothing is free, get back to normal means nothing, but is better than staying high in health markers, as you could have issues later on - 1, 5, 10 years later when you are natural.
Strive to keep blood, BP, etc. in normal range even when on a cycle. It can be done if you eat right, take the supplements needed to assist, etc. Don't get me wrong - take 3 grams of injectables and a couple harsh orals plus a AI or Serm and I don't care what you take or how much cardio you do, chances are your health markers will take a beating.
Want help - ask. I'm not a doc so my opinions are opinions based on trying different PED's and getting blood tests 2 weeks in for short/mid term esters - if fucked blood, then stop the PED that day and retest in two weeks. If not normal, off to the docs. Some of the crap out there is snake oil and other supplements and food is not - I believe there is enough evidence to show it is worth taking them.

When Columbia University doctor Kelli Harding began her clinical practice, she never intended to explore the invisible factors behind our health. But then there were the rabbits. In 1978, a seemingly straightforward experiment designed to establish the relationship between high blood cholesterol and heart health in rabbits discovered that kindness—in the form of a particularly nurturing post-doc who pet and spoke to the lab rabbits as she fed them—made the difference between a heart attack and a healthy heart.

I followed the study link and looked at the study a bit, because sometimes the press is misleading, like for instance saying barbecue causes bowel cancer, and like you look at the actual study and there's a one percent increase in bowel cancer among BBQ eaters. Media can also mislead people with giving press to terrible studies, like in cases where the sample size is eight people or the study duration was ten minutes or some other nonsense.

But this study seems actually worse the more you look at it, and the sample size was huge.

studies have shown very large reductions in coronary heart disease associated with lifelong exposures to lower SBP and LDL cholesterol (approximately 50% reduction in CHD per mmol/L lower LDL-C and 10 mmHg lower SBP

FIFTY fucking PERCENT!

Apropos title.

Lower LDL-C may be correlated with a somewhat lower CHD risk, but don't forget it also correlates with higher all cause mortality.
Screenshot_20231220-171810.png

220mg/dl looks like the sweet spot for my age group.
That's 5.7mmol/l which is considered high.

HIgh blood pressure, especially when young also highly correlates with obesity, visceral fat percentage, metabolic disorders and sedentary lifestyle, so that findings not surprising.
What does surprise me is that antihypertensives are effective at lowering risk. High BP is the bodies response to lowered renal artery flow and as such is an adaptive mechanism to keep you alive. Artificially lowering BP by messing with the RAS would seem to me to be preventing the body from adapting/responding as required , yet the use of BP meds does clearly reduce negative outcomes.

Apropos title.

Lower LDL-C may be correlated with a somewhat lower CHD risk, but don't forget it also correlates with higher all cause mortality.
View attachment 58804

220mg/dl looks like the sweet spot for my age group.
That's 5.7mmol/l which is considered high.

HIgh blood pressure, especially when young also highly correlates with obesity, visceral fat percentage, metabolic disorders and sedentary lifestyle, so that findings not surprising.
What does surprise me is that antihypertensives are effective at lowering risk. High BP is the bodies response to lowered renal artery flow and as such is an adaptive mechanism to keep you alive. Artificially lowering BP by messing with the RAS would seem to me to be preventing the body from adapting/responding as required , yet the use of BP meds does clearly reduce negative outcomes.

About the BP, I thought I'd prepare for my daily opioid blockade experiment, and seeing that such can raise aldosterone as does AAS use in the first place, I decided I might as well keep losartan on hand. Really what are the negative effects of type 1 antagonist (as opposed to enzyme inhibitors for example that seem inferior in some ways) as long as you don't drop BP too low? I found very few individuals who got side effects from losartan without dropping BP too low.
Then, in context of AAS users, I'd like to know anyone's experience with gains while on it as it's supposed to inhibit myostatin (yet doesn't enlarge the heart) https://ergo-log.com/anabolic-effect-blood-pressure-drug-losartan-due-to-myostatin-inhibition.html