Knee brace recommendations

Any particular reason you've written off SBD knee sleeves? They're pretty much the gold standard for weightlifting/powerlifting knee sleeves these days.

Haven't written off anything.
I'm used to wraps, so I dont even know what options I have outside of that.

I've either always lifted raw... if I'm going for reps...
Or wrap if I'm going heavy.

I've always been more of a bodybuilder than a lifter.
I've only ever used a belt a handful of times... typically when I've hit the gym with some lifter buddies.

I've taken a lot more of an interest lately with powerlifting and I want to get advicefrom experienced guys

I'll check out SBD for sure

Probably not,
But that hasnt stopped me before.

What's the worst that can happened?

I REALLY need a knee replacement as opposed to just plain old needing one?

As long as I dont try for anything crazy, I'll be good.

@Randy is an inspiration,
Late 60s with the same knees as me... squatting more than I can!
Squat or die bro!
I love it, those wraps look decent... and at 100 for a pair, wont break the bank either.

Blown out acl/mcl mid lift causing the weight to fold you over and perhaps kill you if you lift heavy.

Wraps won’t do anything to protect the knee. The donjoy brace is decent in stabilizing the knee. They are expensive though. I think mine was 1500ish. Maybe a little more?

The partial tears will heal if you treat them right. How did you confirm the partial tears? How long ago was it that they were confirmed.

Blown out acl/mcl mid lift causing the weight to fold you over and perhaps kill you if you lift heavy.

Wraps won’t do anything to protect the knee. The donjoy brace is decent in stabilizing the knee. They are expensive though. I think mine was 1500ish. Maybe a little more?

The partial tears will heal if you treat them right. How did you confirm the partial tears? How long ago was it that they were confirmed.

Confirmed 6 or 7 years ago via MRI (hard to remember exact date)
Still hurt like hell, but as my legs and stabilizers get stronger, they feel better.

I mentioned above that I already have a pair of Donjoys from a while back... maybe 8 or 10 years.. cant remember exactly.

I always lift with gaurds up, it wouldnt be the first time I dropped the weights lol.

My knees feel good under compression, especially with the cartilage and the miniscus.

The Donjoys stabilize beautifully, but the wraps make them feel new again and I can lift without the pain.

Confirmed 6 or 7 years ago via MRI (hard to remember exact date)
Still hurt like hell, but as my legs and stabilizers get stronger, they feel better.

I mentioned above that I already have a pair of Donjoys from a while back... maybe 8 or 10 years.. cant remember exactly.

I always lift with gaurds up, it wouldnt be the first time I dropped the weights lol.

My knees feel good under compression, especially with the cartilage and the miniscus.

The Donjoys stabilize beautifully, but the wraps make them feel new again and I can lift without the pain.

Those partial tears should be well in the past by now.

A little pressure and heat is magic!

Just get a decent pair of light sleeves and invest in a good super hot analgesic rub.

I like muay or doterra deep blue.

Rub the shit out of your knees and then put them sleeves on and it’s magic.

If you’re a big dude I think I have a pair of 5xl I’ve never grown into kicking around. You can have them.

Those partial tears should be well in the past by now.

A little pressure and heat is magic!

Just get a decent pair of light sleeves and invest in a good super hot analgesic rub.

I like muay or doterra deep blue.

Rub the shit out of your knees and then put them sleeves on and it’s magic.

If you’re a big dude I think I have a pair of 5xl I’ve never grown into kicking around. You can have them.

Appreciate the offer bro, but I'm definatly not a 5x XL, I have absolutly FREAKY calf, but quads are weak and small.im just 2xl right now
(6'1" at 230), 30% of that weight is my triceps and the rest is calfs lol.

Analgesic rub?

Never tried it.. let alone heard of it lol

Analgesic Creams, Rubs, and Sprays

Topical pain killers, or analgesics, are sprayed on or rubbed into the skin over painful muscles or joints. Although are all designed to relieve pain, different products use different ingredients. Here are the most common ingredients found in products available without a prescription.

• Counterirritants. Ingredients such as menthol, methylsalicylate (oil of evergreen), and camphor are called counterirritants because they create a burning or cooling sensation that distracts your mind from the pain.
  • Salicylates. These same ingredients that give aspirin its pain-relieving quality are found in some creams. When absorbed into the skin, they may help with pain, particularly in joints close to the skin, such as the fingers, knees, and elbows.
  • Capsaicin. The main ingredient of hot chili peppers, capsaicin is also one of the most effective ingredients for topical pain relief.It can be helpful for joint pain and for diabetic nerve pain. When first applied, capsaicin creams cause a warm tingling or burning sensation. This gets better over time. You may need to apply these creams for a few days up to a couple of weeks before you notice relief from pain.

Here's what you need to know to get the greatest effects and minimize the risks of these products:

• Read the package insert and follow directions carefully. If there is an insert, save it to refer to later.
  • Never apply them to wounds or damaged skin.
  • Do not use them along with a heating pad, because it could cause burns.
  • Do not use under a tight bandage.
  • Wash your hands well after using them or wear gloves. Avoid touching your eyes and genitals with the product on your hands.
  • If you are allergic to aspirin or are taking blood thinners, check with your doctor before using topical medications that contain salicylates.

Appreciate the offer bro, but I'm definatly not a 5x XL, I have absolutly FREAKY calf, but quads are weak and small.im just 2xl right now
(6'1" at 230), 30% of that weight is my triceps and the rest is calfs lol.

Analgesic rub?

Never tried it.. let alone heard of it lol

Fancy way of saying rub A535 lol.

You can get better than A535 though.

The hotter the better for this guy.... if it ain’t taking skin, it ain’t workin’ right. Some incorporate anti inflammatory stuff etc. They can get pretty funky if you can find some home brew guys!

Fancy way of saying rub A535 lol.

You can get better than A535 though.

The hotter the better for this guy.... if it ain’t taking skin, it ain’t workin’ right. Some incorporate anti inflammatory stuff etc. They can get pretty funky if you can find some home brew guys!

Do you still have knees?

Anyone have a good sleeve or brace recommendation?

Currently using wraps, but to be honest... I'm getting really tired of loosening and tightening for every single set.

My issues

Left Knee
Torn Miniscus
Worn down cartilage.

Right knee
Minor ACL tear
Minor MCL tear
Worn down cartilage

Hoping I can find a rockstar pair of sleeves that compare to wraps... but we all know, when getting into qaulity equipment... the price tag is high and I want to be sure of a qaulity product.

Thanks guys
Can't go wrong with a tight pair of SBD'S

I have the same issue with my left.

cartilage, tendon, arthritis.. whatever the fukk else.. I grabbed SBD sleeves and they help...

If my knee is really bad, i'll wear during cardio.

I really have to get the brace the doc told me to get. It's always better on nandro but, coming off, bloody hell!

I have found the rehaband knee sleeves are awesome for the knees. Just need to confirm the size. Best to try them on somewhere that actually sells them. I know Dicks in the US used to have them.

I have the same issue with my left.

cartilage, tendon, arthritis.. whatever the fukk else.. I grabbed SBD sleeves and they help...

If my knee is really bad, i'll wear during cardio.

I really have to get the brace the doc told me to get. It's always better on nandro but, coming off, bloody hell!
Have you tried working on your ankles or hips to see if there's imbalance or mobility issues. When training start to get heavier for me left knee pain goes hand in hand with hip adduction issues. As soon as it's opened up everything seems to feel normal again.

I have found the rehaband knee sleeves are awesome for the knees. Just need to confirm the size. Best to try them on somewhere that actually sells them. I know Dicks in the US used to have them.
If you get the 7mm rehbands they are very similar to SBD except they're not individual L and R. Still a good option especially money wise.

Have you tried working on your ankles or hips to see if there's imbalance or mobility issues. When training start to get heavier for me left knee pain goes hand in hand with hip adduction issues. As soon as it's opened up everything seems to feel normal again.
No. But will consider it now. i always do hip work before I go into squats/leg press.

Ortho surgeon actually told me to stop squatting. When I go heavier is when the issue starts so. I have to keep it light, and place with reps.