Kilts....anyone wear em?

Boomer

Trusted Member
Just wondering if anyone on here kilts up? I wear mine every Friday..... I wear my family tartan (Smith) but I have ordered the Maple leaf tartan and came across the Declaration of Independence ..... (I'll include pics).... I am trying to source the Declaration fabric currently to see if anyone has it ( I've emailed 2 kiltmakers , one local, one in Scotland) ..... I was feeling retarded having basically 2 kilts, until I read that one customer has 47!!! ..... makes my habit not so bad lol....
In order are Smith, Maple Leaf ( or Canadian Centennial) and the Declaration one.....the last you'll have to follow the link Declaration

smith_mod_503.pngMaple-Leaf-Tartan.jpgsmith_mod_503.pngMaple-Leaf-Tartan.jpg

Just wondering if anyone on here kilts up? I wear mine every Friday..... I wear my family tartan (Smith) but I have ordered the Maple leaf tartan and came across the Declaration of Independence ..... (I'll include pics).... I am trying to source the Declaration fabric currently to see if anyone has it ( I've emailed 2 kiltmakers , one local, one in Scotland) ..... I was feeling retarded having basically 2 kilts, until I read that one customer has 47!!! ..... makes my habit not so bad lol....
In order are Smith, Maple Leaf ( or Canadian Centennial) and the Declaration one.....the last you'll have to follow the link Declaration

View attachment 4006View attachment 4007View attachment 4006View attachment 4007

my father wore one. he was in a pipe band. I have always loved the sound of bag pipes

Color would have helped hahahaha.... I'm going to guess Blackwatch or one of the Dress Stewart tartans.....maybe the Maple leaf as 2 RCR pipes and drums out of Gagetown wears a maple leaf variant

Color would have helped hahahaha.... I'm going to guess Blackwatch or one of the Dress Stewart tartans.....maybe the Maple leaf as 2 RCR pipes and drums out of Gagetown wears a maple leaf variant

my dad was old. no idea if there where colour cameras around much back then. I will ask my sister about it and get back to you. She knows everything lol

My Grandfather wore one at my brother's wedding and tried to convince me to wear one too ! But I'm too insecure and it never happened. We just had bagpipers play at my grandmother's funeral last week and I have to admit I didn't mind the sound of them and both guys were rockin their kilts

I recall my grandfather wearing one a some point. Also Smith. Both sides of my family are Scottish decent. Wont say the other family name cause its the one i use.
But no, i have never worn a kilt and dont see it happening in the future.
I am curious, do you just wear it casually on Fridays? Or for something specific?

I recall my grandfather wearing one a some point. Also Smith. Both sides of my family are Scottish decent. Wont say the other family name cause its the one i use.
But no, i have never worn a kilt and dont see it happening in the future.
I am curious, do you just wear it casually on Fridays? Or for something specific?

Both actually, I wear if Fridays as we have the diversity train driven over us, so this is my way of showing folks that diversity is a two way track. I also kilt up for things like holidays, St Patricks Day, Heritage day here, Robbie Burns day , Tartan day, etc..... or playing darts ( Pub kilt up style)

Both actually, I wear if Fridays as we have the diversity train driven over us, so this is my way of showing folks that diversity is a two way track. I also kilt up for things like holidays, St Patricks Day, Heritage day here, Robbie Burns day , Tartan day, etc..... or playing darts ( Pub kilt up style)

When I buy coffee they ask me for my name. Way back someone asked me who was the coffee for. I said my gf's name. Now every time they ask me for the name I say her name. Then I get the odd look. Then I say I self identify. Lol. Not that I know what self identify means but it's funny getting looks when I order and when they call out her name and I take the coffee. Lol.

Last edited: