I'm thinking of taking a month off of social media

Do it, you certainly won’t regret it, guaranteed.

You may even find wanting to extend your time off even longer.

I truly believe that if everyone threw their phone away they would be much happier and it would set the globalist agenda backwards for a very long time.

So, it's been a month, (I did break down and log on once, or maybe twice, just to check my messages, which is just as weak of an excuse as it sounds like)

but I have been substantially more productive in my life, I've stuck to my routines better, I've done more reading and more writing. I bought a guitar and started practicing, (I have gotten pretty good at my A and D chords and switching between them quickly) and I started learning learning french, having bought a lifetime french membership to lingq "je parle un peu le francais,mesdames et messieurs"

and not having the (internet moderated) human connection I've had to look into the real world for that human touch. I am applying to join the "friends of the public library" to volunteer because I love to read, I know a guy who's in the local rotary club and I'm looking into that too, and I'm scheduled to start attending the city councils accessibility committee, which suits me, as I'm in a wheelchair.

Taking a break from social media really helped, but was surprisingly hard, I kept having that itch to log on, and get my "fix". I think I'm going to do one Sunday a month for each of Canadian Brawn, Reddit, Facebook, and the Skilled Seducer forums.

I think what I"m going to try next is a month off from online shopping, If I think of something I might want, I'll put it into a list on a google Doc, and then look and see if I still want those things at the end of the month.

To finally stop logging onto social media sites I had to move the bookmarks from the top of my screen to a separate folder out of the way and also install the leechblock app on my computer. It was actually quite hard to stop myself clicking on the links, mindlessly.

Also, a side effect of not being online is that I started going to sleep earlier, and waking up earlier.

Last edited:
I also deleted all social media, I dont use FB,Tik,Snap, or any of those platforms. I have a private IG for photo collection with 0 followers. Was the best decision of my life. My issue now is finding a woman who feels the same and doesn't need the constant attention and narcissistic fill that posting on these platforms create lol

I do it from time to time. If it wasn't for buy/sell groups i would probably be off them all together. I got rid of Twitter.. its a sess pool now. The algorithms are fucked

Last edited:
I enjoy social media way too much, i'm not on Facebook but boy can I burn time on Reddit and a few forums like these.

Has anyone else done that? ? Did you go right back to being addicted after you took some time?

I think I'm just going to take the whole month of February off.
I do it all the time FB is a waste of time and energy I have my account deactivated and just open it quick if I need to use it for something credible aside from that I can't stand it