Hurricane Fiona

SaltyDawg

Trusted Member
Hey guys this is strange . I live on the east coast and my area was hit hard. I’m not the type of guy that gets easily depressed. I’m the guy that is usually positive and tries to give hope and give a positive outlook. But now since this hit I’m becoming extremely depressed and anxious to the point I don’t know what to do with myself. This is not me this is not who I am . That is the part that scares me as I can usually shoulder the weight for everyone else . I don’t want to talk to friends or neighbours about it because we are all going through this disaster together so I don’t want to be ( That Guy ) That brings people down or bring more negativity to an already bad situation. I guess this is one of these situations that suffering in silence is best. SaltyDawg

Suffering in silence is never good. You would be surprised how many of your neighbours feel the same way. So it may be good to be the one to start up a conversation to help your neighbours get by. Also, Red Cross Disaster teams always have trained mental health workers. It is just a matter of time before they are accessible.
You said it yourself, " because we are all going through this disaster together." That's your entry to a conversation.

I just don’t want to be the one to make people feel worse if they are already on the edge. I even find the people in my home are getting snappy with each other. SaltyDawg

I just don’t want to be the one to make people feel worse if they are already on the edge. I even find the people in my home are getting snappy with each other. SaltyDawg
You have just as much chance to make them feel better as you do to make them feel worse. There is an old adage I picked up somewhere in working with groups that goes something like it takes more than one person to fight a fire, and most certainly, the hose is lighter when held by many—something like that.

@SaltyDawg I bet you are a great guy in the role that you see this need for sir. Seems you have good awareness of the average persons concerns in the area. Tip of the hat to ya, the simple act of letting others know they are not alone in those concerns and that someone cares how they are doing can work wonders for the human spirit.

Well one thing that was a funny annoyance, I went to take my TRT last night and laid out my stuff and was out of 18g draw pins . I had to draw with a 25g . I think I cursed more about that than having to do it in dim light the wait was painful. SaltyDawg