Hunger…what indications

CdnRgr

Trusted Member
Aside from the obvious growling what are your indicators that you need to eat. For myself there are several…growling stomach, I get stupid (difficulty making decisions), irritability, anxiety and time (every 2.5-3 hrs). How do you know ?

Aside from the obvious growling what are your indicators that you need to eat. For myself there are several…growling stomach, I get stupid (difficulty making decisions), irritability, anxiety and time (every 2.5-3 hrs). How do you know ?
I used to feel the same way, since I started doing 16:8 intermittant fasting I have found the opposite, I am more productive at work, I think more clearly, and I feel much better in general, I also found it very difficult to drop fat eating that often, I no long get irritable during my fasted periods, like I used to when eating on a 3 hour schedule

None of these things are an indication of hunger. They are simply swings in insulin and hormones. I used to read about people saying they forgot to eat and think that it’s impossible. It’s not. I learned a lot about what hungry is and isn’t once I started time restricted feeding and fasting.

Sounds like reactive hypoglycemia.
I know just from habitual routine. I'm not usually hunger until dinner time but I eat all my meals through they day just thinking about how much I need it. I get the shakes from hunger sometimes and it's not normal or a sign of good health. keep an eye on your hemoglobin a1c and blood sugar. Watch out for insulin resistence. A good indicator is men with waste at naval over 40" or women over 35".

Sounds like reactive hypoglycemia.
I know just from habitual routine. I'm not usually hunger until dinner time but I eat all my meals through they day just thinking about how much I need it. I get the shakes from hunger sometimes and it's not normal or a sign of good health. keep an eye on your hemoglobin a1c and blood sugar. Watch out for insulin resistence. A good indicator is men with waste at naval over 40" or women over 35".
A1C = 5.1, was 5.0 prior to starting current cycle (gh involved) no obvious signs of insulin resistance and I have all abs showing so the waist ratio is not applicable
I used to feel the same way, since I started doing 16:8 intermittant fasting I have found the opposite, I am more productive at work, I think more clearly, and I feel much better in general, I also found it very difficult to drop fat eating that often, I no long get irritable during my fasted periods, like I used to when eating on a 3 hour schedule
yeah for sure, I also did IF and noticed the same. I find that with the very low fat, low to moderate carbohydrate ratio (current diet) I get the above mentioned indicators whereas IF or keto style the hunger is non existent….perhaps the dietary fat ? Who knows. was simply to get an idea as to whether I am alone on these symptoms or not LOL