First cycle questions. Original aren't I?

backintime

Trusted Member
Planning a first cycle this fall.

If I get glass ampules, I understand filter needles to draw 18 gauge. When I look to purchase these seems they are like 15 bucks each or like 5 for 45$ Is that right? If so does that mean we can reuse them? (I didnt think we should ever reuse.)

Next the whole IM vs SubQ. In my research Ive read a lot on the SubQ leading to welts in the area, temporary maybe, but still. The needle size and depth of the injection for both seems to be up in the air as well. Ive read that subQ you can use 5/8 inch, some say inch. I guess my question is when does subQ become IM? When it goes into the muscle sure, but can you always feel the difference? If you are kind of lean can subQ needles be used for IM? Videos Ive watched say consult your health professional. So here I am ;)

Lastly, in watching injection videos they show the quad, but they seem to me everytime to go directly in the middle of it, looking down at it, right in middle from top bottom and side to side. I seem to read on message boards though to go in on the side like 75% over to the outer side but still in the middle from top to bottom.

Thoughts?

I did read the 1st cycle sticky. Very good, maybe Im just overanylizing or I missed it in that post.

Thanks all.

Planning a first cycle this fall.

If I get glass ampules, I understand filter needles to draw 18 gauge. When I look to purchase these seems they are like 15 bucks each or like 5 for 45$ Is that right? If so does that mean we can reuse them? (I didnt think we should ever reuse.)

Next the whole IM vs SubQ. In my research Ive read a lot on the SubQ leading to welts in the area, temporary maybe, but still. The needle size and depth of the injection for both seems to be up in the air as well. Ive read that subQ you can use 5/8 inch, some say inch. I guess my question is when does subQ become IM? When it goes into the muscle sure, but can you always feel the difference? If you are kind of lean can subQ needles be used for IM? Videos Ive watched say consult your health professional. So here I am ;)

Lastly, in watching injection videos they show the quad, but they seem to me everytime to go directly in the middle of it, looking down at it, right in middle from top bottom and side to side. I seem to read on message boards though to go in on the side like 75% over to the outer side but still in the middle from top to bottom.

Thoughts?

I did read the 1st cycle sticky. Very good, maybe Im just overanylizing or I missed it in that post.

Thanks all.
Lots of people use slin pins for IM injections. Its possible in most locations. For example I use 30g 1/2" for IM injections in pecs, lats, delta and VG.

If you're unsure, 25g 5/8" is a good starting point. 1" minimum for glutes though unless you're crazy shredded.

Some info on using a slin pin here...

Some stuff here:

Also just get vials. Way easier than fucking around with ampules!

Last edited:
Quick answers....as i am off to the gym

Don’t get amps For your first cycle if you have other options. If you use apps just to be safe I would get filtered needles. They are way cheaper than what you say at most medical supply stores.

Also for first time out I would go IM. Actually 30 years later and i still prefer IM 99% of the time.

Almost everyone here will give you the following preferences for IM:
1. Glutes including VG
2. Delts
3. Quads (some say never as they have significantly more nerves than first two)

If you do go quad, yes outside, Middle to top third and going through the side. Anything from centre to inside your leg you run the risk of hitting major arteries or the sciatic nerve.

If you spend some time and look around there are threads on all of these topics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah thank you ABMonkey and Oldguyjiujitsu. I appreciate you taking the time!

So based on my 2 replies I guess it comes down to what I guesstimate personal preference will be for IM/slin/regular. I think im leaning towards the 1 inch slin or 5/8 but via IM injection. Doing it more often sounds best for stable blood levels. Maybe starting with quads delts, and glutes, but I'll use 1 inch for that for sure. im lean but not that lean. Lol.

I will likely do the same for HCG altho maybe not as frequent. Ive read HCG can be administered via shallow IM.

I will look for vials then too, which I def think I'd prefer. Just the pharm I have access to is amps, maybe I'll try a UGL though and get vials. Seems some good ones out there. Just thought for 1st try Id want to take even that little quality uncertainty out.

My plan is to start at basically a low dose. Probably 150 a week ballpark. For 16 weeks, then full PCT and some time off.

My thinking is to start for me to know how I react to test only as just a replacement of when Ill be shut down from other future compounds. The base, the foundation, to still function properly. My thinking, and I may be off, is that always running just a base of test and then manipulating a coumpound (or 2) on top of the test based on goals would make the most sense. If all the other compounds shut down our natural test, then wouldn't the base be to replace that? Not to "over-replace" it? If someone is naturally at say a test level of 550. Wouldn't the goal be every cycle to replce that 550 level of test in us and then add other compounds from there? To me that sounds logical. Kind of like people that TRT and then "blast" additional compounds on top of that protocol.

Am I makin any sense?

Thanks again.

Dont waste your time running 150mg/week... that is TRT for most folks (150 puts my test levels at upper natty limits). I'd personally just jump in at 500mg/week like everyone else in the world. You're shutting yourself down.. zero point in running 150 unless it's for QOL. 500mg is a good starting point and incredibly mild.

You said you had read the first cycle thread? Give it another read, you really shouldn't have to deviate too much from what is outlined in there. You can add an oral if you so desire.

With regards to gear quality... if you go with a well reviewed lab, which there are a bunch of now, you have zero to worry about.

I'd personally only stick to delts/glutes for a first cycle... I've been B&C for nearly 2 years and I have never pinned quads. Too many horror stories. I know guys do, but fuck that...lol

A slight regurgitation of the other gents!

Go big 3ml barrel first in my opinion, 500 mg test in vial form as previously stated, inch and a half 24 gauge.

Inject in glutes to start, big area easier to pin. The reason for the 3ml barrel size is grip for the injection. I have monster hands so a small barrel is harder to handle for me.

Also even tho it’s a mild cycle make sure you have a good AI on hand! I never suggest Arimidex first as it can be a devil in itself especially starting off. Potentially Clomid but if diet is in check, with such a mild cycle I don’t foresee any issues.

Regards
SonOfOdin

I'd personally only stick to delts/glutes for a first cycle... I've been B&C for nearly 2 years and I have never pinned quads. Too many horror stories. I know guys do, but fuck that...lol

I did quads exclusively for one year straight...never much of an issue. Then i hit a nerve, limped for 3 days and never did quads again. Delts and glutes only for last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed with use vials, not amps.

You can use 25g 5/8" for all around. I do. Body fat may play into consideration, so if you're up there consider 1 inch... 1.5 is overkill in my opinion, up to you though.

Go intra muscular, not sub Q.

500/wk is a solid recommendation. Only run Test for your first cycle. See how you react. Then next cycle add one other compound if you want. Only one new compoind at a time so you can pinpoint any issues and see what compounds work for you and what do not. It's a systematic approach that takes time. Don't rush it.

Start with pinning glutes. They are more forgiving and the initial soreness will be easier to manage. Pin your glutes while you can reach them ;)

When you pin virgin quads it can be literally crippling. It took me over a month of consistent pinning before they didnt hurt, and it was so bad I couldn't get in/out of my car without wanting to scream in pain. I only kept at them from advice from a more experienced guy at work. I thought he was fucking with me and just liked to laugh when I limped into work, but he was right.

Definitely have an AI on hand, but be careful and read how to use it. I used Arimidex and I'd break a 1mg pill in quarters and take it like that, only when I felt a nip get tingly. I'd take it and wait for hours, or overnight, and my body sorted it out. It's really easy to crash your E if you spaz out and take too much, which I did a couple times too.

Lots of good advice above, and surely more to come.

A slight regurgitation of the other gents!

Go big 3ml barrel first in my opinion, 500 mg test in vial form as previously stated, inch and a half 24 gauge.

Inject in glutes to start, big area easier to pin. The reason for the 3ml barrel size is grip for the injection. I have monster hands so a small barrel is harder to handle for me.

Also even tho it’s a mild cycle make sure you have a good AI on hand! I never suggest Arimidex first as it can be a devil in itself especially starting off. Potentially Clomid but if diet is in check, with such a mild cycle I don’t foresee any issues.

Regards
SonOfOdin
You mean Clomid for PCT?

He'll want Aromasin or Arimidex on hand as a AI.

Thank you again ABMonkey and Oldguyjiujitsu and now mt666tm and SonOfOdin. I do appreciate the info.

So seems I have to consider raising the dose. Seems generally 1 inch or more IM is way to go, and even most agree not to start with quads. OK. The anti-E I knew about as well, thankfully, as well as the need to only use it if needed. Sounds like using it not needed can do more bad than good. I'd likley pick Arimidex and go with quarter pills as 'feel' dictates. I plan to get blood tested before, middle, and maybe month after cycle as well. To see where everything is, or was, so I have a benchmark.

Other than that I guess the HCG, I'll likely try to get pharma for that maybe 250mcg twice a week, I think is the general dose for a basic on cycle support. The HCG I'll do same way as the Test, IM, 1 inch, maybe on off days from the test injections thought. (Is there a big difference in feel of injecting water based vs oil?) I hope I can mix and store it properly. Gonna feel like a pharmacist by end of this lol ;)

2 weeks after last pin PCT. Clomid/Nolva.

Plan on using Syn for the test, at this point. Not set in stone, but at this point that'd be my pick :) They seem to have a solid following in more than one area. Good feedback. Test E most likely. Seems to be the 'go to' option for most for this type cycle.

Cheers everyone. If and when I actually go through with this I will try to do full updates here.

Consider using just Nolvadex for your PCT. Super easy and very low side profile. Some experience nasty sides with clomid.

I ran Nolvadex @ 20mg ED for 8 weeks and had a great PCT, I'd have no problem in PCTing again. 10mg ED is actually fine too.

I have a log of my first cycle if you want to take a look...

Good idea keeping a log, I often refer back to mine.