Effectiveness of physical activity interventions for improving depression, anxiety and distress: an overview of systematic reviews

I know a family who has a teenager that was recently put on anti depressants.. For the follow up appointment the doctor told the family he wasn't willing to up the dose despite all the symptoms have not been resolved until the teenager tries getting outside/exercise/off screens etc..

doctor said that's the plan right now.. If it doesn't work out he will reconsider dosage.

It was amazing to hear a dr say this and the family supported the doctor's decision

I know a family who has a teenager that was recently put on anti depressants.. For the follow up appointment the doctor told the family he wasn't willing to up the dose despite all the symptoms have not been resolved until the teenager tries getting outside/exercise/off screens etc..

doctor said that's the plan right now.. If it doesn't work out he will reconsider dosage.

It was amazing to hear a dr say this and the family supported the doctor's decision
Excellent Doc!

As someone who has dealt with depression and anxiety. Even currently dealing with strange anxiety Issues... I know if I go to the gym and absolutely blow out all my energy stores.. That I'll 90% be okay for that day.

As someone who has dealt with depression and anxiety. Even currently dealing with strange anxiety Issues... I know if I go to the gym and absolutely blow out all my energy stores.. That I'll 90% be okay for that day.
Me too. Well I fractured my ankle didn't do much while healing and all my blood markers went to shit so we have reason to be anxious if we don't workout. Fuck if I stopped for a year and didn't change my diet I'd probably be diabetic at least and possibly dangerously high BP and cholesterol

This is why I train it forces me to be better have goals respect myself eat well. Keeps me on track. Gives life tangible results.

I grow very nihilistic and passive aggressive and detached otherwise.

I also deeply believe that most depression is from bad habits bad diet and a lack for meaningful activity and 1000's of bad choices in combination with negative thoughts alongside sex and drug abuse .Alcohol is a depressant and poisons millions every year. Or in a word Karma. Choosing to not care about yourself and those you love not who you were unable to find them.

Believe me I am well aware of the samsaric pit of depression and anxiety and understand the importance of treatment and awareness. I help a fuckton. But get moving exercise speak positive act positive eat positive love building through bodybuilding for wellness building. Set goals. Training in combination with diet is the best. Look after yourself cuz it's a long way back when you fall to pieces. There's always something to be grateful for and countless solid programs out there. Stay solid