Could this have possibly been the problem?

Baggalo

Trusted Member
Earlier this year around March I lab result of

Total T: 6.7nmol/L (ref range 8.6-29)
Estradiol: 52pmol/L (ref range 41-159)

Then around beginning of August I got a prescription for Androgel 5g/1%, but did another lab before using it as the "baseline", the result was :

Total T: 7.7nmol/L
Estradiol: 73pmol/L

I went to dr recently and got them to give me this copy directly.

Since the first lab I'd backed way off on lifting and I think the reduction of that stress is probably why T went up a little. Also had been sleeping better (a little longer on average), so that makes sense

But what's really noteworthy is that my estrogen is in the "normal range" the whole time, and in the second case you could say it's getting mid range-ish. It seems like just that little increase in testosterone caused quite an increase in the estrogen within the range, relatively speaking, so boosting T more significantly well into the range with exogenous supply must logically cause that level to go even higher to a bad level?

What do you guys think? Is that a legit concern here, that estrogen should be a big precaution? The unfortunate thing is that I should have gone to a clinic and asked for a separate lab while on the gel to really confirm that's what's happening because frankly I didn't feel better at all on the stuff, and maybe worse in some ways. I stopped using it after a few weeks.