Cardio pre contest

No trainer for your show?
30min would be a good start.

I am working with my gym partner who has done a few shows him self and has worked with fouad and a few others.
Mainly just taking his advice and he is helping my posing. His coach has him doing 30min 6-7days per week then starting 4weeks out bump it to 45min-60min.

Didn't do any for a while. Now at 3/week 25 mins. Usually take a break before prep starts.

45mins, 2x per day plus training. Though I keep calories in accordance.

Some respond well to higher cals/more work before a show... some come in flat/bloated or waste too much muscle that way.

You have to figure out what works best for you.

I am working with my gym partner who has done a few shows him self and has worked with fouad and a few others.
Mainly just taking his advice and he is helping my posing. His coach has him doing 30min 6-7days per week then starting 4weeks out bump it to 45min-60min.
@Funnyman did the above schedule of increasing to 45 minutes per day @ 6 days per week for the last month before a show seem reasonable to you?

I had to go to 2 hours a day (5 days a week) for my last comp, for some reason I just couldnt do it with the diet like I used to be able to when i was younger. You gotta do what you gotta do! It sucked! I went from 1h at the beginning to 2 hours at the end (last 4 weeks)

@Funnyman did the above schedule of increasing to 45 minutes per day @ 6 days per week for the last month before a show seem reasonable to you?

It depends on how your conditioning was, there is no single way to prep, its all dependent on how you are progressing through prep. That being said it is not unheard of for that much or even more cardio, again all depends on where your progress is.

I've had preps where I've been up to 2+ hours of cardio 7 days a week and others where I've been at 45m 5 days. It all depends.

I think it is how you do your cardio and how your definition is coming around close to show time. If planned ahead, your diet is dialed in and you are defining up real well 4 weeks out then you will have to do less cardio to maintain your condition. I also did not believe in long slow cardio, I had read that HIIT cardio was less muscle wasting and you didn't have to do as much so that is what I did. 2 weeks out I did hiit for 20 minutes 2 times daily once in morning and once in the afternoon. I would jog for 1 min on tread mill then sprint for a 1 min... then cycle this for 20 minutes... I would use different machines so I did not get bored... elliptical ... stepper. This seem to work for me. hate long cardio lol :cool: