Aldactone

For high blood pressure

Any thoughts

To myself it's seems the to have least
Issue. Sides

It's brings BP down significantly
As well as a bonus it removes some bloat

Any thoughts ??!

As with any medication, it has a fair amount of side effects.

Frequency Not Defined​

Gastric bleeding

Ulceration

Gastritis

Decreased libido

Inability to achieve or maintain erection

Postmenopausal bleeding

Breast and nipple pain

Thrombocytopenia

Fever

Urticaria

Maculopapular or erythematous cutaneous eruptions

Anaphylactic reactions

Vasculitis

Hyperkalemia

Electrolyte disturbances

Hyponatremia

Hypovolemia

Lethargy

Mental confusion

Ataxia

Dizziness

Headache

Drowsiness

Renal dysfunction (including renal failure)

Chloasma

Drowsiness

Lethargy

Headache

Mental confusion

Rash

Urticaria

Stevens-Johnson syndrome

Toxic epidermal necrolysis

Drug rash with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms (DRESS)

Gynecomastia

Impotence

Menstrual disorders

Abdominal cramping

Diarrhea

Gastritis

Nausea

Vomiting

Breast pain

Leukopenia

Electrolyte disturbances

Leg cramps

Dizziness

Alopecia

Pruritus

Frequency Not Defined​

Gastric bleeding

Ulceration

Gastritis

Decreased libido

Postmenopausal bleeding

Breast and nipple pain

Thrombocytopenia

Fever

Urticaria

Anaphylactic reactions

Vasculitis

Hyperkalemia

Electrolyte disturbances

Hyponatremia

Hypovolemia

Lethargy

Mental confusion

Ataxia

Dizziness

Headache

Drowsiness

Chloasma

Drowsiness

Lethargy

Headache

Mental confusion

Rash

Urticaria

Stevens-Johnson syndrome

Gynecomastia

Impotence

Menstrual disorders

Abdominal cramping

Diarrhea

Gastritis

Nausea

Vomiting

Breast pain

Leukopenia

Electrolyte disturbances

Leg cramps

Dizziness

Alopecia

Pruritus
Goddamn, you sure that's not for meth. That is a long scroll to the bottom lol

Frequency Not Defined​

Gastric bleeding

Ulceration

Gastritis

Decreased libido

Postmenopausal bleeding

Breast and nipple pain

Thrombocytopenia

Fever

Urticaria

Anaphylactic reactions

Vasculitis

Hyperkalemia

Electrolyte disturbances

Hyponatremia

Hypovolemia

Lethargy

Mental confusion

Ataxia

Dizziness

Headache

Drowsiness

Chloasma

Drowsiness

Lethargy

Headache

Mental confusion

Rash

Urticaria

Stevens-Johnson syndrome

Gynecomastia

Impotence

Menstrual disorders

Abdominal cramping

Diarrhea

Gastritis

Nausea

Vomiting

Breast pain

Leukopenia

Electrolyte disturbances

Leg cramps

Dizziness

Alopecia

Pruritus
I appreciate the list

But I'm Looking for side effects experienced personally

And if you think it's a safer med for the othe options to lower BP

I appreciate the list

But I'm Looking for side effects experienced personally

And if you think it's a safer med for the othe options to lower BP
There are none. Medication is very idiosyncratic in its actions. If I respond to, let's say, doxazosin (my current med) quite well with few side effects, it doesn't mean you will react the same way. That is why you monitor new meds closely.
Side effects of doxazosin-

Adverse Effects

>10%

Dizziness (5-19%)

Fatigue (8-12%)

Headache (6-10%)

1-10%​

Vertigo (7%)

Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) (5%)

Edema (3-4%)

Rhinitis (3%)

Dyspnea (1-3%)

Abdominal pain (2%)

Hypotension (1-2%)

Nausea (1-2%)

Orthostatic hypotension (dose related) (0.3-2%)

Anxiety (1%)

Palpitations (1%)

Postmarketing experience​

Autonomic Nervous System: Priapism

Cardiovascular System: Cerebrovascular accidents, dizziness postural, myocardial infarction

Central and Peripheral Nervous System: Hypoesthesia, paresthesia

Endocrine System: Gynecomastia

Gastrointestinal System: Gastrointestinal obstruction, vomiting

General Body System: Fatigue, hot flushes, malaise

Heart Rate/Rhythm: Bradycardia, cardiac arrhythmias

Hematopoietic: Leukopenia, purpura, thrombocytopenia

Liver/Biliary System: Abnormal liver function tests, hepatitis, hepatitis cholestatic, jaundice

Musculoskeletal System: Muscle cramps, muscle weakness

Psychiatric: Agitation, anorexia, nervousness

Respiratory System: Bronchospasm aggravated

Skin Disorders: Alopecia, urticaria, skin rash, pruritus

Special Senses: Blurred vision, intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome

Urinary System: Hematuria, micturition disorder, micturition frequency, nocturia, polyuria

There are none. Medication is very idiosyncratic in its actions. If I respond to, let's say, doxazosin (my current med) quite well with few side effects, it doesn't mean you will react the same way. That is why you monitor new meds closely.
Side effects of doxazosin-

Adverse Effects

>10%

Dizziness (5-19%)

Fatigue (8-12%)

Headache (6-10%)

1-10%​

Vertigo (7%)

Upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) (5%)

Edema (3-4%)

Rhinitis (3%)

Dyspnea (1-3%)

Abdominal pain (2%)

Hypotension (1-2%)

Nausea (1-2%)

Orthostatic hypotension (dose related) (0.3-2%)

Anxiety (1%)

Palpitations (1%)

Postmarketing experience​

Autonomic Nervous System: Priapism

Cardiovascular System: Cerebrovascular accidents, dizziness postural, myocardial infarction

Central and Peripheral Nervous System: Hypoesthesia, paresthesia

Endocrine System: Gynecomastia

Gastrointestinal System: Gastrointestinal obstruction, vomiting

General Body System: Fatigue, hot flushes, malaise

Heart Rate/Rhythm: Bradycardia, cardiac arrhythmias

Hematopoietic: Leukopenia, purpura, thrombocytopenia

Liver/Biliary System: Abnormal liver function tests, hepatitis, hepatitis cholestatic, jaundice

Musculoskeletal System: Muscle cramps, muscle weakness

Psychiatric: Agitation, anorexia, nervousness

Respiratory System: Bronchospasm aggravated

Skin Disorders: Alopecia, urticaria, skin rash, pruritus

Special Senses: Blurred vision, intraoperative Floppy Iris Syndrome

Urinary System: Hematuria, micturition disorder, micturition frequency, nocturia, polyuria
Thanks
I understand we all have different reactions
Do you get blood work done regular to monitor side effects from the med

I get mine done monthly to monitor my potassium as it was very low
I'm on potassium chloride to supplement it

👍

Aldactone

For high blood pressure

Any thoughts

Issue. Sides

Any thoughts ??!
I tried several different BP meds, all with varying degrees of success. Well really no success. The only thing that really worked to lower my BP was a 10000 mg dose of fish oil everyday for about 2-3 months.

I still take 2000 everyday now.

Zero sides. 😊

I tried several different BP meds, all with varying degrees of success. Well really no success. The only thing that really worked to lower my BP was a 10000 mg dose of fish oil everyday for about 2-3 months.

Zero sides. 😊
👍. Life style approach

I use 3-6-9 by udo choice Along with
A product called
triple power omega fish oil

I don't get nasty burps
It tastes like mango candy

I use it in combo with mct to up my calories and help support bone mass and reduce ldl
Overall it has improved my health

What brand do you use
Is it a blend contain 3-6-9

Last edited:

Zero sides. 😊
How's the side effects on your BP when on TRT or if you blast. I am on Ramipril 10mg Ed now and I now this made me look at how I approach gear usage in the future.

Side effects of high blood pressure tend to be death. ED is up there and it trashes your organs over time.. The risk to reward for blood pressure meds is definitely warranted. I'm a hypocrite though since I don't wanna stack drugs to counter drugs.

Try lifestyle modification first. I got lazy with water intake and my bp spiked at 160 systolic a few days ago it was freaky. Since drinking a gallon a day and lowering my sodium intake it's chilling around 140. Hibiscus tea can lower blood pressure a lot too.2 cups of strongly brewed Hibiscus tea per day does the same for your bp as the starting dose of your bp drugs.

@Massmaster - if you aren't having any issues with the medication and it is working, why change? it is a diuretic as far as I know so it wouldn't be surprising to see you lose some water/bloat.
When a new drug comes to market, through the trial phases, and a sheet is developed for the public, every potential issue any of the guinea pigs experienced has be written down (before public release). The issues may or may not even be related to the drug. If you read the list of sides for most medication, it will scare the hell out of you but most will not experience any or they will be minor. That is a very Coles notes explanation of the process but the people being paid for the testing of a med, have a sheet to write down anything out of the ordinary.
I read up on BP meds prior in case I needed them but have not yet. Correct me if I am wrong but it appears there are 4 main classes and dozens of medications to choose from. I'm not qualified to determine which one is right for an individual.

A few friends use Telmisartan and would be one I would look into if I had to choose one simply based on the number of people I know who responded favorably.

Regardless, many have been able to control their BP with a few supplements/lifestyle changes albeit if your BP gets too high don't F around and go the doctor and get a prescription.
I just started low dose script HGH again and because of this I know my BP will spike so I increase my EPA/DHA content (fish oil) to 8,000 mg per day but like @The Old Guy will decrease each week to a maintenance dose of around 2000 mg combined EPA/DHA, Nigella Sativa (black seed oil) to 3000 mg per day, and Ubiquinol/Q10 to 200-400 mg per day. I have books with whole sections on BP and natural remedies - there are may. I increased my 15 minutes walks after meals and it is coming back down/already drink enough water. An increase for me would be high 130 - low 140 systolic/70 diastolic so I'm not in hypertensive crisis. it is just higher than I would like.

Many people don't realize they have sleep apnea but many big people do. A CPAP machine is a game changer and may reduce your BP by itself because you rest properly. It goes without saying - stress exacerbates everything. If you have stress in your life, learn to control it. Easy to say / hard to do for some but a key to happiness and health.

good luck

Aldactone

For high blood pressure

Any thoughts

Issue. Sides

Any thoughts ??!
what steroids or sarms are you taking??On a cut or bulk??

@Massmaster - if you aren't having any issues with the medication and it is working, why change? it is a diuretic as far as I know so it wouldn't be surprising to see you lose some water/bloat.
When a new drug comes to market, through the trial phases, and a sheet is developed for the public, every potential issue any of the guinea pigs experienced has be written down (before public release). The issues may or may not even be related to the drug. If you read the list of sides for most medication, it will scare the hell out of you but most will not experience any or they will be minor. That is a very Coles notes explanation of the process but the people being paid for the testing of a med, have a sheet to write down anything out of the ordinary.
I read up on BP meds prior in case I needed them but have not yet. Correct me if I am wrong but it appears there are 4 main classes and dozens of medications to choose from. I'm not qualified to determine which one is right for an individual.

A few friends use Telmisartan and would be one I would look into if I had to choose one simply based on the number of people I know who responded favorably.

Regardless, many have been able to control their BP with a few supplements/lifestyle changes albeit if your BP gets too high don't F around and go the doctor and get a prescription.
I just started low dose script HGH again and because of this I know my BP will spike so I increase my EPA/DHA content (fish oil) to 8,000 mg per day but like @The Old Guy will decrease each week to a maintenance dose of around 2000 mg combined EPA/DHA, Nigella Sativa (black seed oil) to 3000 mg per day, and Ubiquinol/Q10 to 200-400 mg per day. I have books with whole sections on BP and natural remedies - there are may. I increased my 15 minutes walks after meals and it is coming back down/already drink enough water. An increase for me would be high 130 - low 140 systolic/70 diastolic so I'm not in hypertensive crisis. it is just higher than I would like.

Many people don't realize they have sleep apnea but many big people do. A CPAP machine is a game changer and may reduce your BP by itself because you rest properly. It goes without saying - stress exacerbates everything. If you have stress in your life, learn to control it. Easy to say / hard to do for some but a key to happiness and health.

good luck
Cpap was a game changer for me. I don’t need a nap after work anymore.

Aldactone

For high blood pressure

Any thoughts

Issue. Sides

Any thoughts ??!
Aldactone is a potassium sparing diuretic, i personally don't like to use diuretics for bp management because it messes with the kidneys ability to self regulate and high potassium is both bad and extremely dangerous. Probably should consult a doctor, also aldactone is an anti-androgen so i am assuming it's not optimal for bodybuilding, although I used it for a bit after i wasn't bodybuilding for various reasons, i can't say i'd ever use it again, just getting off gear and eating healthy my bp is low normal and no need.