Anybody have experience with dry needling for tennis elbow?

OldAndStrong

Trusted Member
My physiotherapist performed some dry needling on my tennis elbow today.

Basically, an acupuncture-like needle is jabbed into the affected muscles and ligaments, then poked in and out resulting in dull pain, some sharp pain and muscle twitches. Kinda the ultimate PIP experience. The resultant pain should only last a day or two.

What I read on the internet is positive, but I wanted to know if anyone here has some first-hand knowledge/experience with needling.

I’ve had one treatment thus far and while it was sore for a few days after it worked well. Oddly enough the guy mentioned tackling my tennis next time I come in. I was sure all my issues were from a brutal knot in my rear delt.

I have had it done on my lower back ..it worked like he said it would . Its just an intense way of loosing tight muscles fast .

My physiotherapist has done functional dry needling the same kinda thing but uses an electrode to stimulate the needle deep in the muscle.
I had quite bad shoulder issues for years and tried everything and this was the thing that finally worked to restore movement and diminish the pain, now I go back to see him every 2-3months for 2-3 treatments. life is great.