A guide to using Bitcoin

Taureau

Administrator
Bitcoin (BTC) can be completely overwhelming when starting out. Most of that is due to the unnecessary, technical information, which most people don’t need to know, so for this tutorial we’re just going to show you how to purchase and spend BTC anonymously.

What you need:
• A computer
• An Email Address (Create an address to use only for BTC)
• Tor Browser (Not Entirely Necessary – Just extra precaution)
• CASH MONEY – (Entirely Necessary)

1) Sign Up For LocalBitcoins.com

Click on the Sign Up Button and on the following screen you’ll enter your Information and your newly created email address, as shown below. Fill out the Captcha Form and click REGISTER. Make sure you make a unique and difficult password. Store that in a safe place and do not use that password on any other site. Also opt to use two step verification. You will download and print of or save to your computer a series of numbered numbers you are asked to enter the corresponding number every time you do a transaction in order to protect your account from being hacked.

QNbKLip.png

Last edited:
2) Check your email for the Authentication Link and Activate your account. Close out of Localbitcoins.com and re-open. Make sure your Username and Password work, and Login. The hard part is now done!

3a) You should be at the Home VFLTRDi.pngScreen now. “I want to buy bitcoins,” should be selected and on the Payment Method box, select Cash Deposit. Then click SEARCH.

3b) Now we’re going to find out how much we need to buy in BTC to cover the cost of my goodies. General rule of thumb is buy what you need plus $20 in case BTC value fluctuates while we’re shopping. Typically doesn’t happen and we’re not really concerned with the value of BTC since we’re not investing in it. We’re using it as a means of currency exchange. Google, “BTC Price” and click search.

As you can see below I need $300 to cover my goodies and shipping, which comes out to be 0.76 Bitcoins. This is the number we’re concerned with. Remember that number and move on to the next step…QXxr3Cn.png

4) Here is where we will choose our Seller. The seller should have a 100% Feedback Rating and offer to do transactions for the amount of USD you’re going to send. Once you find one that seems good, click BUY. When you do that the seller may ask you to verify your identity I would not worry about doing it. I have done it many times with no issue. In most cases now I find you will have the option of depositing the funds in the sellers account and then uploading the receipt and then they will release the bitcoin to your wallet.

lzRfpGs.png

Last edited:
5) Here is where you’ll initiate your trade for USD to BTC. Input the Number of BTC you want to buy and it will give you the USD amount you need to send. Click “Send Trade Request” and proceed.HG5D5WI.png

6) Once the trade request has been initiated you will see the directions on the right side on how to proceed. Just follow the directions. This seller has stated requested you use your genuine IP (No TOR or VPN) which is OK since we have no identifiable information about ourselves and it’s NOT illegal to purchase Bitcoins. *Not all sellers require you to use your genuine IP, but if you feel uneasy about it, just look around. There are tons who don’t.

After you’ve done what the seller requested: 1) Deposit Money in their Account, Upload Pic of Deposit Receipt, and received confirmation from Seller on transaction, we’re ready to spend our newfound Bitcoins!2PrMBCP.png

7) As in the pic above, click on your Profile Icon and click Wallet (it will have BTC in there hopefully).

Here you will enter the Receiving Wallet Address (you will receive this from your goodie seller), the amount in USD you want to send, a description your seller requests (if they want to know who it’s from), and your password. Once that’s done, click “Send from Wallet”.

Congratulations! You have now paid for your goodies and you should get a confirmation and tracking number to let you know when to expect your
goodies.
Lx1JDF1.png

Last edited:
Great post

Some other ways to purchase BTC easily
And cheaply

Coinbase,
With their fees and cash advance charge to your credit card it usually works out to 4-5% over slot price. The major downfall of coinbase is an annoying verification process and small limits to start. Also many cc companies aren’t allowing coinbase transactions now.

Quadriga.
This is a Canadian trading platform. You can buy BTC and a few other cryptos at spot price. There are withdrawal fees but they aren’t bad. It takes a while to be verified but it’s a good option. Not all banks can send money into quad BUT, you can always purchase with flexpin vouchers that you can buy at gas stations

Ndax
New Canadian exchange, quick approval process and they work with most Canadian banks. Probably the easiest option at the moment with competitive pricing

Private purchase
Know someone that has access to BTC and buy it off them privately.

I've added this thread to my favorites. When I have some spare time, I'll sit down and slowly go through this. Knowing how to use BTC would def make my life easier. Thx T

Reactions: 3ml
I’ve noticed no one has mentioned the Bitcoin ATMs littered across the country. You pay a fairly steep premium I have seen as high as 8%, but you simply scan a barcode, insert cash and walk away. It is that simple.

Can someone help explain to me setting up a bitcoin wallet. I tried setting up blockchain and it wants a phone number and personal info I don’t want to give. It will be for purchases only and I have no problem using the atms if they are easiest. Thanks in advance guys.