Would you drive it

Damon

Trusted Member
Ok guys before I get slammed for this lol I have a muscle car with a built 383 it runs about 11.3 in the 1/4 Its a summer only car so I haven't completely lost my marbles.

Just gotta throw that out there before you get to the part about wanting to buy a civic lol

I'm gonna be selling my truck, it's basically a driveway queen and it doesn't get driven very much.
Its sitting on 37's so gas mileage is really good.

Few cars I've wanted when I was younger but was to broke and never had a clue about running a tuner car. Driveway space meens spot for another toy.

Thinking of picking up a 4 cyl turbo car.
If you had a choice would you rather drive a
talon TSI either 1g or 2g.
Srt4
Early 90's hatchback civic and drop a turbo b18c into it.

If there's another 4 banger turbo car you would rather drive throw it up.

If your muscle car isn't pristine, I'd be dumping the money into it.

What is it if you dont mind me asking?

No replacement for displacement. Get a muscle car with a bigger motor and make more power than a tuner with a turbo. Or keep the truck/sell and buy a diesel.

All guys should have trucks. How are you gonna hunt out of a turbod hatchback civic.

a 1.6 litre turbod engine moves just as much air at 15psi as a 3.2 litre non turbod engine at the same RPM. and that’s a lot of boost, you realistically might hit 8-10 psi. I thought my turbod evo in highschool was fast until I got in a 5 litre foxbody mustang that was worth half of my little evo. I don’t get the whole “let’s turbo small engines so they make the same power as medium sized engines” thing anymore.

If your muscle car isn't pristine, I'd be dumping the money into it.

What is it if you dont mind me asking?
73 Nova SS it was dad's I pulled it out of the barn and got it running again.
410 posi, 4 speed Muncie
10.5:1 383 this summer I added vortec heads and a 310 dur .640 lift camshaft
Vortecs took alot of work to make em work with that much cam, it would of honestly been cheaper to just buy a set of edelbrocks.
I want to drop compression to 9.5:1 and add a blower or a single t4 but this summer I want to bring home a tuner car and teach my kids how to work on one of those, there alot more budget friendly.

My boy is really getting into cars, I've been showing him the basics or tuning timing and Fuel tables.
I can buy and tune a 4 banger for less money then I have in my stroked out SBC. When he gets his license it will point him in the direction of cheap horsepower lol.

73 Nova SS it was dad's I pulled it out of the barn and got it running again.
410 posi, 4 speed Muncie
10.5:1 383 this summer I added vortec heads and a 310 dur .640 lift camshaft
Vortecs took alot of work to make em work with that much cam, it would of honestly been cheaper to just buy a set of edelbrocks.
I want to drop compression to 9.5:1 and add a blower or a single t4 but this summer I want to bring home a tuner car and teach my kids how to work on one of those, there alot more budget friendly.

My boy is really getting into cars, I've been showing him the basics or tuning timing and Fuel tables.
I can buy and tune a 4 banger for less money then I have in my stroked out SBC. When he gets his license it will point him in the direction of cheap horsepower lol.

If its a project you want to do with your boy... Honestly buy a fuel injected 5.0 mustang late 80's or early 90's.. Easy to work on, TONS of after market parts, can turbo/super charge/NOS etc.. Easy to rebuild etc... Only down side is the unibody.. Need one with a decent floor.

No replacement for displacement. Get a muscle car with a bigger motor and make more power than a tuner with a turbo. Or keep the truck/sell and buy a diesel.

All guys should have trucks. How are you gonna hunt out of a turbod hatchback civic.

a 1.6 litre turbod engine moves just as much air at 15psi as a 3.2 litre non turbod engine at the same RPM. and that’s a lot of boost, you realistically might hit 8-10 psi. I thought my turbod evo in highschool was fast until I got in a 5 litre foxbody mustang that was worth half of my little evo. I don’t get the whole “let’s turbo small engines so they make the same power as medium sized engines” thing anymore.

Lol with a welder you can lift and put mud tires on anything, I don't know if I would want to put 35's on a civic but guys have put s10 spindles on Chevy caprices.

golf R is a great 4 cylinder machine, I had a WRX and it was a blast, and I drove a few of the Ford's who dropped their turbo 4's in and they move. 0-60 in just over 5 and your going to lose your license if you plan on using its top end.
the Golf R is a sleeper. I went with the stinger gt but looked at the golf seriously but it was a little small.

Cobalt SC, my first one burnt RIP but got another one, supercharged in my opinion is better than turbo. The 2.0 has forged internals from stock and the horsepower 2 $ ratio is much better. Plus they can handle a wet 75 shot with the factory internals.huge aftermarket scene so parts are plentiful and plenty of bang for your buck.

Mustand svo from the 80s had a cool 4 cyl turbo and Chyysler Daytona Shelby was awesome and 4 cyl turbo