World's Strongest Man apparent shift to "speedier" events?

LePsyber

How's about we go corn hole us a drunk?
Trusted Member
What do people think of WSM switching to events which are very high-speed events? The last one wasn't won by the strongest man(Martin Licis) it's said by MANY people.

Should WSM be WSM or should it be WSM thats the quickest "stronger" man?

What do people think of WSM switching to events which are very high-speed events? The last one wasn't won by the strongest man(Martin Licis) it's said by MANY people.

Should WSM be WSM or should it be WSM thats the quickest "stronger" man?

Licis won because of other people injuries.

WSM has always had high rep and speed contests.
In fact almost all events have always been timed.

Licis has always been a top tier guy, but the powerhouses got hurt.
Allowing him to win.

I'm actually watching the Arnold qualifier right now

Competitors get injured every year.Preparation.There was a strongman competitor on CBB that couldn't support himself on a set of rings.

Speaking of which
Martins just came in first place for the qaulifiers
Hes got something to prove this year.
And is looking great
He struggled in a lot of events in past years that he did well in this year.

Should be an excellent Ar old classic this year

It seems they are moving to quicker events
Don’t forget it’s a business and they need to keep people interested

personally I like a mix of brute strength and some endurance/speed events

It seems they are moving to quicker events
Don’t forget it’s a business and they need to keep people interested

personally I like a mix of brute strength and some endurance/speed events

I don't mind SOME speed, I just don't want to see sprinting and jumping/stepping over stuff. Those bodies were developed on squaring your body to the weight. Tossing angles in is going to make Strong Man into the injury fest that it was last year.

Last year, WSM hurt a lot of guys and you have to wonder if it was a pretty obvious change to add some leg speed along with the weight. The Arnold was the same with Brian Shaw and one (or was it two?) other guys getting seriously injured on that stupid Rogue Elephant bar. I don't like how Rogue is making shit you just don't see in a gym like a twitching, weird Elephant bar. That bar put Shaw out of competition for three months and he got off LUCKY with just a partial tear. Christ, I saw a video of him having it physio and it was horrible looking.

Lastly, I like some speed and brute as well. I just don't want to see hybrids like what happened at the WSM last year. I'm afraid to see someone who insanely fast lifts a lighter weight in favour of sprinting with something lower. In any area where there's an obvious tradeoff, I hope they make sure the requirement for weight

I find the tall guys have the advantage now. If it was the world's strongest man they would all be 6 foot and 400lbs.. thats not the case anymore, you need to be 6'5" or more and then you have an advantage. I like a mix of both speed and strength. I just wish they would bring back some of the old 80s eveents like armwrestling. Injurys seem to play a big role today, they literally push themselves past their max