Who Counts Calories?

Chicken can vary a lot in post cooked weight depending on the pump.
But honestly most of us over eat protein by so much it wouldn’t matter.

Yeah I stay away from the pumped stuff because a) it shrinks so much and ain't as good as natty anyways and b) I think it's shady as hell to pump it full off salt water and sell it as the same product to the uninformed plus c) doing it reveals their level of shadiness which leaves me suspect of the macros the label it with. Once a bullshitter....

Yeah I stay away from the pumped stuff because a) it shrinks so much and ain't as good as natty anyways and b) I think it's shady as hell to pump it full off salt water and sell it as the same product to the uninformed plus c) doing it reveals their level of shadiness which leaves me suspect of the macros the label it with. Once a bullshitter....
Thing is they don’t have to label it up to 15%, then it’s called water chilled.
The labels are not really real anyways. No one is really doing a true test on the, to see how accurate. It’s all a farce to make it seem like the government is doing something.
See I make a formula, that is not checked, then make a nutrition label that matches the formula I produced. Anyhow what I actually do could be completely different that the formula. There is no inspector checking every time o do each little thing. It is left up to us to be honest. Trust me, 90% will push the rules a bit until they get complaints to make a profit.

For example, a new chicken company calls me, wants me to buy, anyhow his water chilled product is very wet, lots of purge in compairsion to the one I’m buying now, which is essentially exactly the same in purge as the air chilled.
(I use the water chilled in further processing that will have water or oil added like marinaded product because no point in paying at least 20% more for air chilled.
See the one I buy from now, doesn’t add products to the water like phosphate to pull more water into their water chilled product, or doesn’t add salt to the water, and use light tumbling to cool the product quicker, (cough, cough, it doesn’t add water, just helps to cool it faster, lol)
Fuck dude, the harmless corruption is strong. That is why I have to work so hard to pick certain suppliers, them keep on their quality to make sure they don’t change and get greedy for lore profit.
I know myself I could cheat easily to make more, but I will not comprimise quality for extra profit, I push volume to get my profits.

I have been on break since March but usually measure my food. Not calories so much but protein and carbs. At one point was counting calories but never really needed to. If i need more weight i just eat more. Getting too fat eat less carbs.

I do count calories at times, when I am getting into being shredded and want to look un natural. Most times I count and slap my forehead and go way over again....lol
Most times honestly though I use the mirror as my guide. I basically just meter my Carbs for the most part.

So we all know consistency with diet, training and sleep are key to long term progress...But who here actually takes the time to count calories whether on maintenance, bulk or cut??

I have always prided myself on discipline. I eat clean 95% of the time...as i get older i eat fewer and fewer cheat meals. I have fine tuned my diet over the years with the help of @Funnyman and i have ACTUALLY followed through and done what he has suggested. I don't tend to step on the scales much as i go by the mirror. I keep abs 12 month of the year and i would guess my BF sits around 12%. I eat 6 times and about 3000 cals per day and keep track of protein (200 grams per day) but i eyeball carbs and fat. Recently i noticed my face was getting a little thin (not helped by age) and i was seeing striations in my quads and calves. I got on the scales and found out i had dropped 3-4 lbs. And not on purpose...i was a little confused.

So having a little extra time in quarantine i got a food scale and down loaded myfitnesspal (it was by under armour and free) and tracked cals for a week...It was fascinating that little choices were having a big impact. My cals were actually fluctuating between 2700 and 3200 per day...and not because i was skipping meals. It was little things like if i put a berries vs a banana in my evening smoothy, had 30g vs 40g of nuts, if i had a carrot instead of 1/2 avocado with my rice and chicken. 120 vs 150g of rice or 4 vs 5oz of chicken (look almost identical on plate).

For the past 2 months i have been weighing all my food, and tracking macros and cals. it actually takes very little time and It has made me realize that to be consistent this is a must. I have regained the 3-4 lbs, look a little fuller, just as lean, getting a better pump and have more energy during my training. With this new learning i am confident i can bet @Sorbate at our informal "fittest by 50" contest.

Moral of the story...if you want to bulk and not flow over...how can you not track that you are getting exactly 100 or 200 cals extra per day. Or cutting not dropping cals too fast and losing hard earned muscle???

Who tracks macros and counts cals accurately and consistency?
Here Here! I gotta admit....I use a food scale and do keep track with great regularity. I also stay tight to things probably at 90-10% split. I have a weakness for non-dairy cashew based ice cream that gets to me occasionally. Usually when i am burnt out!

I find it makes all the difference in my sleep, energy and focus keeping the numbers in the correct ranges. Aids recovery and I drink 5-6 litres of water a day currently.

I also rarely cheat meal. Funnyman was absolutely of enormous assistance.

I use a different app called Fatsecret. The reason being I helped set it up after complaining about its inaccurate values on some products and expenditures of energy.

Having said all that the goals I have laid out will take a great deal of work. Lots of folks know that I showed up here badly bashed up.

Believe it or not at just over 60 I actually was asked to compete by some friends who do. They and my friends outside the gym feel I have had quite a transformation.

Oldguyjiujitsu guy has nailed it for at least this guy. I eat over 200 grams of protein at a bodyweight of 153. On a cut cycle I have just this week dropped carbs slightly. Slow but steady is the way it works.

I showed up here in October at the same body weight I am currently. However, my body fat has dropped over 11%. I've added good solid muscle. Once the practice began as stated by Oldguyjiujitsu it just becomes routine and simple.

Missing a Pec Minor, 1/2 a deltoid and a lung some things are a challenge.

Thats all I got.

Grandpa1959