Whats your diet look like?

Now i have more freedom for self employment, i have been eating better. By that i mean not missing meals so much. My daily routine lately been

Meal 1 pre workout
1 cup egg whites.
1 pack natures path oatmeal.

Meal 2 Post workout
10 oz beef (raw weight)
80g brown rice pasta (dry weight)
2 large eggs
8 oz orange juice with 50g dextrose

meal 3
200g chicken breast (raw weight)
60g brown rice pasta (dry)

Meal 4
Sandwiches, either with a can of tuna of a chicken breast

Meal 5
Whatever she makes for supper, usually steak and veggies. Maybe carbs.

Meal 6 before bed
5 or 6 eggs

Also snack throughout day. Been drinking a lot of Fairlife ultra filtered milk. 14g of protein per cup i think? No lactose.

Lol Vicks and saran wrap on the midsection is suppose to be secret overnight abs
lol, one of my first posts ever on a bodybuilding board was me saying I was going to get a 55 gallon drum full of Preparation H and sleep in it covered up to my neck. It was a joke. It did not go over too well though lol

I Am a very shedulde person so I eat the same more lor less everyday except Friday night cheat ..

3:45AM- bannna, protein shake,Coffee

6:00AM-1cup Oatmeal,1/2 cup greek yougurt,bluberries,1/2 cup eggwhites/2 tbs peanut butter..

8:00 AM- 100gram chicken, 30 almonds

10:30am-1 cup egg whites,1 egg ,30 grams mozzerallea, spinich, 1/2 cup oatmeal, salsa..

12:30pm-100 grams chicken,apple.

2:00PM- Salad with 1/2 cup rice,125grams of chicken,or Fish..

5:00pm- 125 grams of meat and veggies..

7:30pm 1/2 cup greek yougurt.1/4 cup of cottage cheese, blueberries, 1tbs peaunut butter..

Last edited:
I haven't counted macros in years. Honestly, I listen to my body. I believe in eating when I am hungry. When hungry I eat about 40-50 grams of protein similar carbs and whatever fats I would like at the time.
I get in over 300 grams of protein per day, that is my main focus and fats from foods and a bit of fats from supplementation from other sources.

Here's the deal.
If you aren't hungry frequently enough, you either have something going on that you need to get checked out or you may be taxing your body too much and could need a light week, or you aren't working hard enough.

I also have one day per week where I eat everything and anything in sight. Kicks up the metabolism and I typically lose a few lbs in the days that follow as I sometimes gain 10 lbs in a day. I am around 280 lbs for the most part of my existence, when ripped I get to about 260 or so.

I stay in great shape like this, good on the digestive system, and keeps my body ticking.

If I want to get leaned right out or if I was to prep for a contest of course things change at that point, but the best thing I have ever done has been eating when hungry and monitoring that. I know when I need to work harder etc.
Credit goes to a friend of mine Phil Hernon who helps me and advises me a bunch if required. The guy knows his shit. As well as lots of help a few yrs ago from John Meadows.

Credit goes to a friend of mine Phil Hernon who helps me and advises me a bunch if required. The guy knows his shit. As well as lots of help a few yrs ago from John Meadows.

wow, that some advisory team! i know you dont want to write a book but id be interested in any insights these guys gave you.

wow, that some advisory team! i know you dont want to write a book but id be interested in any insights these guys gave you.
Phil is a great wealth of knowledge for sure, John Meadows has many, many tricks and is just a good guy to correspond with as he is upbeat and living in reality.
I remember I was training under Phil and I thought I was all that, he simply wrote me back one time and said I was fat, and too fat for the time in my prep. I was pissed for about 10 minutes, and I then realized, this guy was the real deal and calls a spade a spade. Do I want to work with someone that tells me im great and in reality I am not. So we have been in contact for many yrs and he is always open for a good phone call to get in depth conversations about many things. Much respect for the guy.
I was also a DC sponsored athlete for 9 years and trained under Dante, Doggcrapp and got a ton of info from him as well. As well as tried everything True nutrition has made up until 2 yrs ago.
Taught me soooo much these guys.

that is amazing
Phil is a great wealth of knowledge for sure, John Meadows has many, many tricks and is just a good guy to correspond with as he is upbeat and living in reality.
I remember I was training under Phil and I thought I was all that, he simply wrote me back one time and said I was fat, and too fat for the time in my prep. I was pissed for about 10 minutes, and I then realized, this guy was the real deal and calls a spade a spade. Do I want to work with someone that tells me im great and in reality I am not. So we have been in contact for many yrs and he is always open for a good phone call to get in depth conversations about many things. Much respect for the guy.
I was also a DC sponsored athlete for 9 years and trained under Dante, Doggcrapp and got a ton of info from him as well. As well as tried everything True nutrition has made up until 2 yrs ago.

Here’s my absolute favorite meal to prep. Currently writing this from my patio as I BBQ it all up on a nice sunny warm Vancouver island day :)

56AA4812-07A3-44A8-B57D-5FE6E9EC4E49.jpeg

Lemon pepper chicken, stuffed with havarti cheese and asparagus spears. Currently making enough to last me about 4-5 days. Will be served with 1-1.5 cups white rice and sauerkraut. 3x a day with 2 protein shakes and a healthy snack.

Honestly lately I just make a big pot of turkey chilli in the slow cooker and have like 4 bowls of that a day spaced out every 3 hours, and then one protein shake with a banana post workout. It turns out to 2170 calories a day, and I’m on a cut right now.

A crockpot full of turkey chilli lasts me 3 days and then I just go to the grocery store and get the ingredients to make another pot and do it over again. I love chilli and I throw some hot wing sauce in there and I don’t really get tired of it. I could eat it every day for a really long time, and that’s kinda what I’ve been doing. It’s just so easy to go in the fridge and scoop out a bowl of chilli and put it in the microwave and go on with my day, and then I don’t have to cook a bunch of meals or have tons of dishes. I just wash my spoon and bowl when I’m done, it’s very easy. I’m liking it.

Recipe?

chicken, ground beef, steak, sometimes pork

rice, noodles, pasta, potatoes

vegetables and fruit

and a variety of sauces so I dont constantly gag when I force my bad cooking down. I consider eating a chore to be honest.

3 packs of turkey
3 cans of chilli beans
2 cans diced chilli tomatoes
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
3 stocks of celery
1 can of corn
Chilli seasoning & hot wing sauce to taste

Do you weigh the chili into the bowls to keep the quantity consistent and at 500 cals?

Do you weigh the chili into the bowls to keep the quantity consistent and at 500 cals?

I added up all the ingredients and then counted however many bowl I got out of the pot, and then divided the total amount of calories by the amount of bowl to get my calories per bowl

you could weigh it out, that would be more accurate. I was loosing good weight at a pace that I was happy with so I didn’t really bother.

I added up all the ingredients and then counted however many bowl I got out of the pot, and then divided the total amount of calories by the amount of bowl to get my calories per bowl

you could weigh it out, that would be more accurate. I was loosing good weight at a pace that I was happy with so I didn’t really bother.

I hope you know i plan on adding jalapenos to it!

Here’s my absolute favorite meal to prep. Currently writing this from my patio as I BBQ it all up on a nice sunny warm Vancouver island day :)

View attachment 4157

Lemon pepper chicken, stuffed with havarti cheese and asparagus spears. Currently making enough to last me about 4-5 days. Will be served with 1-1.5 cups white rice and sauerkraut. 3x a day with 2 protein shakes and a healthy snack.
L

View attachment 4157

that looks amazing. Never thought of the sauerkraut rice combo. Thanks

You wouldn't be the same ironwill from the old Misc/Fitness/Weights newsgroups days would you?