What should I do about my snoring?

I sleep downstairs in the basement cuz I apparantly snore like a monster. I tried to get that sleep apnea testing but the machine you need to wear all night drove me f-ing nuts, then the one time I actually fell asleep an alarm started going off on it cuz the hose came out of my nose and it probably thought I died... I lost my shit and threw it out the window. Found it next morning and returned it to the clinic, never heard from them about the damage.

Wife wants me to try again, but she snores too, so i dunno...

---

Interested in more info on the lasering the flap in the throat. Whats the procedure called and who does it? I want to know so I can talk to my doc to see if it may be a possibility for me.

Last edited:
It's called a LAUPPP and I suppose you could find a private clinic to do it a hefty price but if you want medical to cover it there it's a fairly long process. Having said that snoring can come about for several reasons and part of the process is figuring that out.

There was the Pillar though I'm not as in the loop as I once was so I'm not sure if that's an option anymore.

The sleep apnea is important to check out-Are there moments you stop snoring/breathing in the night -usually bed partner will be able to tell--If alcohol or overweight as above -solvable-sometimes being over tired leads to snoring on those nights..They make mouth guards particularly to help with snoring..is your nose stuffed up so you have to mouth breathe-netti pot//antihistamine//nasal decongestant--change pillow height -get up higher--Drugs such as sedatives, antidepressants, or muscle relaxers can result in relaxation of the tongue and throat muscles. Consult your doctor if you snore to change meds--. sleep on side is less likely to snore--mouth exercises can tone throat/uvula muscles to prevent snoring
https://www.prevention.com/health/a20465145/mouth-exercises-to-stop-snoring/:sleep::sleep:

It does not bother me much because I live alone but the odd time I sleep over it bothers the lady I am sleeping with.

those of you that snore what do you do to help manage the problem?
posting this in the ask a healthcare professional forum in case there is a medical solution of some sort

I have read this thread with interest and everything ya'll are talkin bout sounds real involved and complicated and maybe painful and frankly the whole thing just smacks of effort.

Shockems Razor bro - just tell her to get out

I have read this thread with interest and everything ya'll are talkin bout sounds real involved and complicated and maybe painful and frankly the whole thing just smacks of effort.

Shockems Razor bro - just tell her to get out

simple enough but to find a deaf lady is not easy
there are things I need a woman for besides making me a sandwich :)

On a serious note there’s a new mouth guard type thing out for sleep apnea if that’s the issue, I’ll try and find the link to the clinic

Breathe right strips work wonders. Also if your house has improper humidity I find using a warm air humidifier in the winter works well or a cool air humidifier in the summer, you can grab either of these humidifiers at Canadian tire for like 50 bucks a pop.

The sleep apnea things been said already so I dont wanna be the guy that beats the thing to death, but you should get tested for it. In your last post you said when you weigh less you snore less, which is a very common sign of sleep apnea. Do you feel tired when you wake up even if you had a decent 8 hour sleep? You might not fall into a deep enough sleep because your throats partially closing and your not getting enough air (hence the snoring)

I sleep downstairs in the basement cause of my snoring. I recently went to a sleep clinic and they are putting me on a CPAP machine. Apparently the new machines run very quiet. The mouth Gaurd was brought up but the Doctor said it works 50% of the time.

I will post a report after I get my machine next week. I miss sleeping with my wife.

Bunk

I had surgery done a few years back, they shave off the flappy skin or something in the back of your throat with a laser. Worked like a hot damn.
I have had this recommended by my doc as well. I just say fuck it I don’t hear myself snoring lol. The wife on the other hand will go sleep in another room if I fall asleep before her. The trick for us is she needs to pass out before I do lol. Before getting checked my wife thought I had sleep apnea like her dad. I’m not sure if I could handle a cpap machine on my face all night.

I have had this recommended by my doc as well. I just say fuck it I don’t hear myself snoring lol. The wife on the other hand will go sleep in another room if I fall asleep before her. The trick for us is she needs to pass out before I do lol. Before getting checked my wife thought I had sleep apnea like her dad. I’m not sure if I could handle a cpap machine on my face all night.

maybe I should find a hard of hearing or deaf wife :)

You'll look like psycho but breath aid strip and a peice of medical tape over your mouth.......

Edit: oh ya white noise makers if nothing else works, it will help drown out the sound

It does not bother me much because I live alone but the odd time I sleep over it bothers the lady I am sleeping with.

those of you that snore what do you do to help manage the problem?
posting this in the ask a healthcare professional forum in case there is a medical solution of some sort

Time for a new lady. I find replacing them easier than changing my habits.

My mom got that laser flap thing done. It didn’t do shit for her. I remember as a kid waking up to the dog barking because her snoring was scaring the shit out of him.