what is miglyol?

Evil Spock

Trusted Member
i did some searching but couldnt find any definitive info. they just seem to be specific blends of MCTs. is that right or are there some other treatments to the product?

Miglyol 840 - Propylene Glycol Dicaprylocaprate

The entire Miglyol line (812, 840, etc) are synthetic oils and are synonymous with PIP.
Miglyol might actually be an ancient Sanskrit word for PIP, even though injections were still 3,00 years from being invented.
Stay away from the shit. Viscosity isn't the be-all and end-all of home brewing.

Welcome, great forum name btw, I lol'd. Commenting here because I really enjoy a good Sanskrit reference.
Cheers

Any lab that offers mig needs to offer an alternative oil as pip can be worse than anything you’ve ever imagined. I hate it personally but some guys think it’s the end all be all. It’s not! You cannot go wrong with gso for brewing.

Reactions: 3ml
Borrowed from my friend @method_air
QUOTE="methodair, post: 781775, member: 1020790"]
@vigoroussteve stated on the Nov 5th 2019 musclenomads podcast:

"The main cause of cardiovascular disease in bodybuilders, is from the c-reactive protein, that's increased from synthetic carrier oil.

When you take synthetic carrier oils from underground labs, or even from some pharmaceutical labs, those increase your c-reactive protein which scars the inside of your arteries, allowing for plaque to build up.

And what else increases your risk for plaque build up? Steroids, because they increase your LDL and your cholesterol, which can both attach to the scarred arteries, when calcium is also present.

So, these synthetic oils, it's super easy to suspend raw powders in, which also means that it's super easy to dissolve skin, muscle tissue, ink from your syringe...

You can easily test it, you can take a little bit of oil on your finger, and you start rubbing on the syringe, if the ink comes off, your carrier oil is synthetic, it shouldn't do that, it dissolves everything
"

Around 1:23:30:

Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]

@afflicted
thanks man. from the only data sheet i could find about miglyol is that its mct c10 and c8. couldnt tell if it was modified or not. would mct itself be considered synthetic? does mct carrier gear get the thumbs down too?
edit
holly fuck! replied before watching. back to the drawing board.

Last edited:
@afflicted
thanks man. from the only data sheet i could find about miglyol is that its mct c10 and c8. couldnt tell if it was modified or not. would mct itself be considered synthetic? does mct carrier gear get the thumbs down too? is a couple of ml per week a cause for concern?

From what I know mig is a modified version of mct. From my experiences playing around with brewing, go with cso or gso over mct or mig. Mct is a safer alternative to mig. If you’re making it for yourself I highly recommend gso. I wouldn’t say mct gets a thumb down but i feel and most labs would agree that gso is far superior to mct. Mct, like mig is know to cause horrible pip so why take the risk in my opinion.

From what I know mig is a modified version of mct. From my experiences playing around with brewing, go with cso or gso over mct or mig. Mct is a safer alternative to mig. If you’re making it for yourself I highly recommend gso. I wouldn’t say mct gets a thumb down but i feel and most labs would agree that gso is far superior to mct. Mct, like mig is know to cause horrible pip so why take the risk in my opinion.

ive always liked safflower and eo. maybe eo is out now. what about bb and ba?

BB and BA are essential but yes I would think eo has some extra toxicity. I react badly to it with the whole fever and pip thing, usually lasts a good day, hence I stay away from shit like tnt and test400s.