Weightlifter descrimination

So what do you guys think is the cause of this sort of snowflake over-sensitive nature of men these days? ...

Along with what's already been said here I think these guys find this easier than "trying". Kind of in the same way some people will spend a ton of effort avoiding doing there job at work when that same amount of effort could have just been directed at the job at hand a got it done. Other criminal and/or fraudulent examples come to mind too.

Isn't feeling discriminated for our size just a little bit snowflaky?

That is the way a snowflake views it in my experiences.....lolol, jk...It happens and getting more and more common.
If it hasnt happened then you aint eating enough, nothin but a peanut....lol

Last edited:
Alot of it comes down to culture,

You sound like you're around a company like Modern Niagara or Fox.
I've used them as a subtrade when I'm subbed in as a Superintendent for my sites... they've gonethe way of the snowflake for sure.
Fitters used to be harder than the pipe they welded lol

A lot of it is culture
I own a Union company (Carpenters)
We cant get anyone from our local as they are complete bitches....
So we hire, Sign and train internally.

Weve built s culture of being hard as fuck.
My guys are all ex cons, lifters and country boys... no time for being a bitch lol.
If I ever smelled a pansy "Born to be union" snowflake, I fired them immediatly... (I get grieved a few times a month lol)

PRs conversations or PL form is a common conversation on my sites.

Like I said, I welded a power rack in my warehouse so the lads can do some lifting after work hahaha.

I guess I dont really see much of what your talking about... mainly because I'm a Senior Partner/Owner.

Everyone is always nice to the guy that signs POs and paychecks lol.

I think society in general is becoming a bunch of useless pansies, I think that's just the western way of life now.

That will happened at my company.. when I'm cold and dead in the fucking ground.:D:D:D
Nah man, I was a partner in the construction side of things back in the day. Now I have 3 tickets and 3 professional designations and I run some of the largest industrial companies in the world from a reliability, capial project and Maintenance and engineering side of things.
Teck mining, Suncor, CNRL, Syncrude, Lafarge Holcim, etc. 500million dollar and up capital projects etc. My spose is an environmental, Health and safety professional and we go as a team to may locations and I love it and feel blessed we had the balls to work hard to get where we are. I just had to confirm I am not into small sub jobs etc...lol...Not bragging, I earned every bit of it. I hire companies that hire companies that hire subs nowadays...
I dont get respect due to being a corporate manager, i get it due to working from the very base ground up to the top. I get out and hang with the fellas, i work with them when they are stuck on an issue and i have had a few issues along the way with size etc. Not many, but the ones I did have I remember always.
The biggest issue i have is i listen to everyone brag about their hobby and sport and i join in and throw something out there about a strength feat as that is my hobby and its crickets and tumbleweeds and talk after one leaves the room. Not a regular thing, but i cannot understand how folks cannot stand a strong, muscled individual. I was once asked to not come to a jacuzzi party because some of the guys felt uncomfortable...Yes i found a new friend and again, how the hell did we get here? It is discrimination plain and simple.
Many love it still, but the few times a negative experience occurs i am always deeply surprised at what is coming to be. Insecurity etc for sure.

BTW, aren't carpenters kind of like electricians, not hard as fuck, but kind of feminine mostly.....lololol jk, trades bashing good times...
Except scaffolders, those carpenters that get into that side of things are gladiators.
I respect all trades, just joshing ya..

Nah man, I was a partner in the construction side of things back in the day. Now I have 3 tickets and 3 professional designations and I run some of the largest industrial companies in the world from a reliability, capial project and Maintenance and engineering side of things.
Teck mining, Suncor, CNRL, Syncrude, Lafarge Holcim, etc. 500million dollar and up capital projects etc. My spose is an environmental, Health and safety professional and we go as a team to may locations and I love it and feel blessed we had the balls to work hard to get where we are. I just had to confirm I am not into small sub jobs etc...lol...Not bragging, I earned every bit of it. I hire companies that hire companies that hire subs nowadays...
I dont get respect due to being a corporate manager, i get it due to working from the very base ground up to the top. I get out and hang with the fellas, i work with them when they are stuck on an issue and i have had a few issues along the way with size etc. Not many, but the ones I did have I remember always.
The biggest issue i have is i listen to everyone brag about their hobby and sport and i join in and throw something out there about a strength feat as that is my hobby and its crickets and tumbleweeds and talk after one leaves the room. Not a regular thing, but i cannot understand how folks cannot stand a strong, muscled individual. I was once asked to not come to a jacuzzi party because some of the guys felt uncomfortable...Yes i found a new friend and again, how the hell did we get here? It is discrimination plain and simple.
Many love it still, but the few times a negative experience occurs i am always deeply surprised at what is coming to be. Insecurity etc for sure.

BTW, aren't carpenters kind of like electricians, not hard as fuck, but kind of feminine mostly.....lololol jk, trades bashing good times...
Except scaffolders, those carpenters that get into that side of things are gladiators.
I respect all trades, just joshing ya..

Yeah, guys do think I'm weird for discussing stuff like Jamal Browners new 971 WR DL...

They're like "Who the hell is Jamal Browner?"

I dont envy you, those larger infrastructure projects are just games and politics.

I stick to smaller government jobs where hundreds of millions arent on the line, I just do not want the stress anymore, I dknt have the political skills required to navigate that territory to be honest.... I'm too direct.

You are correct about FINISH carpenters.... they bring their nail polish and lipstick to work with them hahaha

Lol I hear ya... weve become soft..
I remember hand forming structural columns and beams...
Now it's all Perri and Crane, a fucking 120 lb guy can form a subway station now.
Formwork is a dying trade, same with Framing.

I remember framing in -35, too cold for our guns to work... so we hand framed it with hammers... fuck it.

At least we arent electricians.... man.
I would love to show up to worm with nothing but a screwdriver :ROFLMAO:

I look at it at its core as straight up negativity which is rampant and even more so on social media. Myself I like a more positive outlook( though realistic) and would rather build people up than tear them down.

Isn't feeling discriminated for our size just a little bit snowflaky?

Short answer no it is not. Now if he was literally crying about it and let it hold him back, and dwelled on it then yes, but he's merely sharing his experience with like minded hard men that can relate in one way or the other.

Short answer no it is not. Now if he was literally crying about it and let it hold him back, and dwelled on it then yes, but he's merely sharing his experience with like minded hard men that can relate in one way or the other.

My question wasn't for him it was for everyone in general.
I still want to know why the stickers were crooked.

I look at it at its core as straight up negativity which is rampant and even more so on social media. Myself I like a more positive outlook( though realistic) and would rather build people up than tear them down.

Bang on brother. So another complaint of mine in today society.
When I see someone works hard or makes some cash and wants to buy something. I congratulate them everytime.

I mean it as well, I love seeing people happy, making a purchase and being proud. I literally am programmed to not be jealous, I don't ever feel that feeling.
I listen to other folks bitch and say things like wtf does he need that for. Or other negative bs remarks.
I don't have a very fine filter so normally something ignorant comes out of my beak back at these jealous folk.
I have 0 patience to listen to these things. Or witness jealousy. it is one of the ugliest traits.

I personally, at work and in life in general will always build someone up and mean it or try to help in any way I can.
A worker is struggling to figure something out.
If I don't know or do know the solution regardless, I will get a few guys together and let them take the steps to figure it out and I will help implement solutions and remove obstacles for them and let them own it and take full credit.
I guarantee these are the best results everytime as the guys involved wont let it fail. If I just came along and gave them the solution and told them how to do it , they may or may not agree. Those that don't agree wont be bought in and if it is theirs they will make it work, and then ensure sustainment after as well.

One last rant. I see is becoming a trend.

Not many look in the mirror after a shortfall occurs. They would rather point out the window.
I read somewhere I believe it was from a GE corporate author and teacher I forget his name right now, maybe George someone??.
When you have success with your team, point out the window, give them credit.
When you have failure as a leader, look in the mirror and see what you did to impact the result negatively.
Never take credit off the backs of others and never place blame on folks that are trying their best.

Im done for now...lol

Yeah, guys do think I'm weird for discussing stuff like Jamal Browners new 971 WR DL...

They're like "Who the hell is Jamal Browner?"

I dont envy you, those larger infrastructure projects are just games and politics.

I stick to smaller government jobs where hundreds of millions arent on the line, I just do not want the stress anymore, I dknt have the political skills required to navigate that territory to be honest.... I'm too direct.

You are correct about FINISH carpenters.... they bring their nail polish and lipstick to work with them hahaha

Lol I hear ya... weve become soft..
I remember hand forming structural columns and beams...
Now it's all Perri and Crane, a fucking 120 lb guy can form a subway station now.
Formwork is a dying trade, same with Framing.

I remember framing in -35, too cold for our guns to work... so we hand framed it with hammers... fuck it.

At least we arent electricians.... man.
I would love to show up to worm with nothing but a screwdriver :ROFLMAO:

I cannot even begin to tell you the failures i have had by opening my mouth in political situations.
Ive been a big mouth until recently.
I am almost 50 now, i dont look it but i am. In only the last 3 years i have been managing and able to step foot and succeed in political situations. I still say things that i have to pay for and am work in progress.
I bet a few folks on here that remember me before i took a break from the boards for a few yrs recall my big mouth and lack of filter. Im still no hero, and still have work to do on myself. I still yap off when i meet bullies etc. Im getting better and it truly comes with age and mellowing out.
Ive been a strong leader for most of my life, but5 only in the last several years have i realized how to be a leader, not a boss.

it happens for us all i think.
Now i am way off topic and i digress yet again.
I feel passionate about some of these things obviously and start typing and cannot stop. lol

Therefore you don't have to put labels on straight? You can work any way you want?

You didn’t ask that question. I think it’s the mark of a man on how much effort he puts into anything he does in this life, wether that involves putting on labels or following through on his life’s mission, one end of the spectrum to the other.
Let’s be honest with ourselves here. They straight up told him that he intimidates the sheeple there. The label thing is miniature at best and not the issue. If it was the actual cause of termination, don’t you think they would have approached him about it prior to his termination? If it was some fat or skinny cuck beta then yea I imagine they would have mentioned it. But no they are intimated to tell him because they have some ridiculous cognitive bias that he’s automatically going to roid rage.
So again to answer your question and I quote, “FUCK NO”. Hope that answers your question better.
I lead people for a living, and if a guy is not following a process, I tell him, because if he fucks up, it’s on me, not him. Crooked labels are ultimately on the supervisor, also known as proper leadership, which sounds like there wasn’t in this scenario.

Therefore you don't have to put labels on straight? You can work any way you want?

putting stickers on by hand is bound to have human errors. We are not perfectly precise. Eyeballing what is straight is an inaccurate method to begin with. If you sat on an assembly line putting stickers on boxes all day, I gauruntee you get some crooked, no matter how hard you try and how much pride you take in it. Your eyeballs and hand coordination are not precise measuring devices.

I think the point of this post was that most people make the same little mistakes at work, but us being more intimidating bodies are the ones who get the shit because of our stature.

Another time I have found discrimination has been from doctors. I had lyme disease. I had no idea what was wrong with me in around 2014 or so, when I left the boards. I thought I was dying, things were failing I felt very strange in my mind and was not the same anymore.
The pic in my avi was very much how I looked once I began with my symptoms. I never really shrank or got smaller as I was on cycle. I did get weaker.
I went in and had to meet many docs and a few said, you are in great health, there is nothing wrong with you. It is in your head.
Finally one believed me and had experience with Lyme and did the tests and it took 3 tests to nail it.
I was confirmed positive and then was cured after a long painful process.
I passed out while doing bench press one day and then gym owner said I had to take a break until better. It took several months and then I was good again.
I started back in gym and went past all of my previous bests in weight moved and body composition. It was plaguing me for a long while before I was fixed. Roids helped me in this scenario, but I was definitely discriminated against because I wasn't frail and sickly looking...

You didn’t ask that question. I think it’s the mark of a man on how much effort he puts into anything he does in this life, wether that involves putting on labels or following through on his life’s mission, one end of the spectrum to the other.
Let’s be honest with ourselves here. They straight up told him that he intimidates the sheeple there. The label thing is miniature at best and not the issue. If it was the actual cause of termination, don’t you think they would have approached him about it prior to his termination? If it was some fat or skinny cuck beta then yea I imagine they would have mentioned it. But no they are intimated to tell him because they have some ridiculous cognitive bias that he’s automatically going to roid rage.
So again to answer your question and I quote, “FUCK NO”. Hope that answers your question better.
I lead people for a living, and if a guy is not following a process, I tell him, because if he fucks up, it’s on me, not him. Crooked labels are ultimately on the supervisor, also known as proper leadership, which sounds like there wasn’t in this scenario.

I asked in post #4.
Therefore the labels have to go on straight? What about slamming boxes? Is that cool?

putting stickers on by hand is bound to have human errors. We are not perfectly precise. Eyeballing what is straight is an inaccurate method to begin with. If you sat on an assembly line putting stickers on boxes all day, I gauruntee you get some crooked, no matter how hard you try and how much pride you take in it. Your eyeballs and hand coordination are not precise measuring devices.

I think the point of this post was that most people make the same little mistakes at work, but us being more intimidating bodies are the ones who get the shit because of our stature.

I read the OP with three negatives to the employee and no comments on what he did well. My eyeballs and hands are pretty precise when they need to be. But then again we are not talking about me.
Perhaps I have a different schema of intimidation.

I asked in post #4.
Therefore the labels have to go on straight? What about slamming boxes? Is that cool?

I replied to the question about snowflakes. I’ve also addressed the labels. If guys are fuvking up at work I tell them and correct them, like a leader should. If he continues then ya fire his ass! This boss never told him until after he cowardly fired the guy. Perhaps I like yourself also have a different schema of intimidation, especially if we Havnt heard all sides of the story or a follow up post from OP.

Let’s hope another thread doesn’t get locked from differences of perspective or opinion though.

@Damon care to address this further?

Last edited:
I asked in post #4.

Lol sorry man I've been gone for a few days, there is box inspectors that look at them before they go in the totes lol and if they don't like you they give your boxes to the shift leads lol.
So my stickers were always off center by a few millimeters, not close enough to the bottom edge of the box.
Might of put one upside down and told the guy there now you have a reason to go bitch to mom and dad.

I did try but after standing in the same spot for 12 hrs stickering boxes and putting 5 gummies in a jar you tend to drift off into space sometimes.
Some guys would fall asleep on the line lol.

I dug myself into my own hole though, instead of quietly running to supervisors I would openly call out crap and the whole room could hear me lol.