Vpn recomendation

Damon

Trusted Member
Looking for a vpn recommendation
I've found cyber ghost (accepts Bitcoin) & Nord VPN so far.
Anyone have any others or anyone have good experience with one of the two I've listed

I use Nord. It's affordable and does the job. Easy to use. I've really got no complaints.

i heard about this on redflagdeas.com. i got it and its really fast. maybe not the actually fastest. i got the 5 devices for $20us for a lifetime. if it only lasts a year its still a great deal. if it last 3, your laughing. i bought it with a prepaid credit card i bought with cash. now im on the path to going completely dark.

Reactions: 3ml
Depends on your needs
If I was to buy a VPN I’d find one I could by with crypto. I’m trying to learn more about this stuff. As well as combining tor and VPN

nord has great 3 year deals and I like PIA and I know it was sold to another country but it does not record any logs so unless their pages / description is incorrect, there is no way to be tracked what your doing. Further, the kill switch works excellent - as soon as there is an issue with PIA like it needs to change its server, it shuts down your internet. Other VPN's have this too but I don't find they work every time.

nord has great 3 year deals and I like PIA and I know it was sold to another country but it does not record any logs so unless their pages / description is incorrect, there is no way to be tracked what your doing. Further, the kill switch works excellent - as soon as there is an issue with PIA like it needs to change its server, it shuts down your internet. Other VPN's have this too but I don't find they work every time.
So no longer based in Panama?

i dont think it matter where they operate out of, its where their servers are and as i understand it the server space is leased, not owned.
i think vpn's only protect you from your isp and public wireless from snooping on your browsing. so do you trust your vpn provider more?
if you want to nerd out, this guy is my security guru

@3ml
vpn added to tor may be a security leak

Ok,so highly respected Intel Techniques,they do OSINT training,privacy consulting and digital security,recommend PROTONVPN for advanced users.Based in Switzerland,not exposed to gov invasions.Offers secure-core and TOR nodes.inteltechniques.com

i dont think it matter where they operate out of, its where their servers are and as i understand it the server space is leased, not owned.
i think vpn's only protect you from your isp and public wireless from snooping on your browsing. so do you trust your vpn provider more?
if you want to nerd out, this guy is my security guru

@3ml
vpn added to tor may be a security leak

Some VPN providers host their own servers and run the OS entirely off RAM disk (uses memory to simulate a harddrive). This means if LE comes storming in and grabs the servers, the entire OS disappears as soon as power is cut. Perfect Privacy is one such VPN, and I think proton might as well.

mullvad vpn allows anonymous payment

VPN good to protect you from legal online activities
that said to avoid states sponsored monitoring is near impossible,

i woukd say if you using a truly anonymous device
that you haven’t used it to contact people in your social media
or call known contacts
then it’s unlikely there is a finger print map
of your device

but to remain truely anonymous is more about the phone than the VPN
vpn in general are honey pots
as are encrypted communication

a anonymously purchased device

pre paid plan
paid with credit card gift cards you can fill with cash at convenience store

use a phone that can evade imsi catchers
is your best best for secure conversation
as it doesn’t depend on encryption
even apps like signal we are trusting to be truly open and unbreakable encryption with no back doors