Vitamin b12

Educate me please folks!

Over the years I have had bloodtests done for B12 and though I don't recall the exact results off hand they were always "good" so I never considered supplementing it. Is there a benefit, whether you "feel it" or not to supplementing beyond the normally acceptable range? As I get older I get more interested in non-stimulant substances that bring on that jumping off the walls feeling. Free energy? I'm in.

Remember when we take a substance that raises any levels above normal -there is a down side of some other process going out of balance

Anyone ever try this stuff? B12 5500. Wasnt able to get my normal b12 from my source so ended up buying this but seems pretty strong and not intended for people. No info online either.
I know this thread is a little older but information is information at any time.

I checked out the supplement. The only issue I see is that the B12 is cyanocobalmin, you ALWAYS want to get methylcobalamin. The absorption is much higher.

Being a water-soluble vitamin you really want to get the best absorption you can. Not that you wouldnt with fat-soluble but our ability to assimilate water soluble vitamins is tougher and of course they are excreted so quickly.

Always get methylcobalamin!

Anyone ever try this stuff? B12 5500. Wasnt able to get my normal b12 from my source so ended up buying this but seems pretty strong and not intended for people. No info online either.

All Forman of injectable b12 should be ok for human use

I got mine from a website for pets. It was supposed to be used for dogs with b12 deficiency, but Its the same stuff that’s in the bottles you’d buy at shoppers drug mark, just cheaper

Because it’s about $1 per ml at the local pharmacy but i got 60ml for $24.99

I used 1ml every other day for 120 days and didn’t notice anything... didn’t have any extra energy, didn’t feel like my food digested better, I didn’t really notice anyrhing

... except my fur looked healthier.

All Forman of injectable b12 should be ok for human use

I got mine from a website for pets. It was supposed to be used for dogs with b12 deficiency, but Its the same stuff that’s in the bottles you’d buy at shoppers drug mark, just cheaper

Because it’s about $1 per ml at the local pharmacy but i got 60ml for $24.99

I used 1ml every other day for 120 days and didn’t notice anything... didn’t have any extra energy, didn’t feel like my food digested better, I didn’t really notice anyrhing

... except my fur looked healthier.
I had two separate pharmacists - one at a compounding pharmacy and the other a regular - tell me that vet grade / for animals is exactly the same. So exactly, all forms should be perfectly fine.