Vintage Gear: Balco

Im sure alot of you guys will remember this stuff.

The Balco scandal was a pretty big deal.

View attachment 2589

never seen this before, some ugl or did balco actually put out some common compounds? I assumed they only produced the designer stuff, wouldn't seem to make sense to have there name on stuff but I don't recall hearing too much about the distribution side of things with them.

never seen this before, some ugl or did balco actually put out some common compounds? I assumed they only produced the designer stuff, wouldn't seem to make sense to have there name on stuff but I don't recall hearing too much about the distribution side of things with them.

I believe you are correct sir. At least as my memory serves me.

This would seem to be some sharp opportunists possibly.

I read a book about BALCO called Game of Shadows. As I understood Conte’s lab never produced traditional blends as his specialty was using custom/rare compounds to avoid detection. Sounds like somebody is trying to capitalize on the BALCO name.

This image was actually taken from an article on the Balco Scandal. Dont know much about the history, just the basics of the scandal,

This image was actually taken from an article on the Balco Scandal. Dont know much about the history, just the basics of the scandal,

Very interesting story especially if you are interested in drug testing and avoidance techniques in sport. Similar shady/spy type stuff to the movie "Icarus". The books mentioned are good, I'd like to see a well done movie about it too.